Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR 5: What's next for the supplements?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
RHat
QUOTE (Voran @ Aug 11 2013, 10:08 PM) *
Oh I have no doubt there's still Federal/UCAS tax, just woolgathering on State tax.

Seattle almost certainly collects personal income tax - they need all the money that they can get. Washington state, by contrast, no longer exists.
IKerensky
I would like to see a Rigger book, where at least half the book would concentrated on a better vehicular combat rules and vehicular profile.

Isath
Sorry but should the rules for vehicular combat, take up half or even just quarter of the book, it should better be a short book.
Overly lentgthy and complex rules (for whatever) are not likely to help the game.
Voran
And a rigger related question, vehicle wise. The Ferrari Appaloosa was given a 16R or so rating back in SR4, conceivably would there be a semi-civilian or military-downgrade model that basically removes the overt weapons turret? I always kinda liked the design.
IKerensky
QUOTE (Isath @ Aug 12 2013, 10:50 AM) *
Sorry but should the rules for vehicular combat, take up half or even just quarter of the book, it should better be a short book.
Overly lentgthy and complex rules (for whatever) are not likely to help the game.

Half the book for the rules AND detailled profile for each vehicules to go with the rules. Sorry if I wasn't clear that the vehicule list and profile should have been the larger part of that (80%).
Isath
I see and must have gotten that one wrong. Vehicles all over, sure would be nice for a rigger themed book.
Voran
Who writes Clockwork btw. I've been catching up on my SR4 stuff and realizing how much I HATE the guy. Which in turn makes me want to say Kudos for whoever is irl channeling their inner A-hole to write such a char, its damned effective. I mean even Kane is sorta sympathetic, but Clockwork is just so...odious.
Sendaz
Some say Clockwork used to go by the handle Toaster until a tragic love affair fell apart, leaving him embittered to the world in general and certain parties in particular.

JK biggrin.gif

*nudges CanRay to hurry him along on his project*
Wakshaani
QUOTE (Voran @ Aug 14 2013, 01:28 PM) *
Who writes Clockwork btw. I've been catching up on my SR4 stuff and realizing how much I HATE the guy. Which in turn makes me want to say Kudos for whoever is irl channeling their inner A-hole to write such a char, its damned effective. I mean even Kane is sorta sympathetic, but Clockwork is just so...odious.

Everyone does. There aren't any characters that one writer claims and, in general, everyone writes their chapters solo.

A rare exception to this is in Storm Front: the author of that piece was *amazingly gracious* and asked if anyone wanted to put on an avatar and say their goodbyes to FastJack. About every line at the end is by a different author.

Clockwork's just an easy character to get a handle on. Too easy, in some ways. Keep watching for more. smile.gif
Voran
I wouldn't mind seeing some expansion to contacts. IN Sr4, with the 4 actions contacts took I had already bandied around the idea that certain contacts might have pluses for some actions and negatives for others. A contact might be better at getting info for you, but much worse about Swag/favors.

Now that SR 5 has increased the ratings, one I wonder how Sr4s might be converted to 5s, double the contact connection rating, x1.5? No changes needed at all? The lowbie level stuff seems straightforward, up to rating 4 or so, but old rating 5s now might be 5s or all the way up to like 9 or 10.
Wakshaani
As a general rule of thumb, hit 'em with 1.5 for the new rankings.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Aug 16 2013, 09:34 AM) *
As a general rule of thumb, hit 'em with 1.5 for the new rankings.

Oh, Nice... smile.gif
cryptoknight
QUOTE (Larsine @ Aug 1 2013, 05:45 AM) *
Riggers have always been screwed, but we all kno what happens once Rigger 5 i published.

Shadowrun 6e comes out 4 months later?
Tzeentch
That was always rather curious. I'm half-convinced that Jon Szeto planned that intentionally for R2 and R3 as a meta-joke smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012