Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Game Face [2075: Game World]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Trigger
[Thursday July 18th, 2075; The Cirolletisha Hotel, Mercer Street, Elven District, Seattle]
Hatter

Hatter nearly jumps at the sudden appearance of the other persona, Jeezus, who is this that sneak up on me in the 'Trix?, but keeps his cool long enough to accept the passcodes and take heed of its warnings. He brings up the notice from Violet, scans her words as his digital brow furrows and then decides to make the most of the drek situation. At least it will make it easier to find info on these new guys if I have invited access to their comms.

@Violet, Preston, Tide, & Dog:
[ Spoiler ]

His attention then returns to the streaming security footage flowing from a veined marble fountain in one of the hosts plazas. There they are, two of them, trying to be sneaky like there ain't eyes everywhere. Let's see what other security functions this hotel has in place... Hatter mentally tags them and adds them to map overview.

@Everyone:
<< [Hatter]: We got two sneaky rats in the stairwell a few floors down and climbing. What's the sitch in the meat? >>

phlapjack77
[Thursday July 18th, 2075; The Cirolletisha Hotel, Mercer Street, Elven District, Seattle]
Dog

@Everyone:
<< [dog]: my n nancy gotz spades on da stairwell drek, null sheen.>>
ElFenrir

Orion gets comfy in a place, knowing that if they try to break through the window it will open them up as well. Seeing that the two sides were at least equal in number-his team may have even had an advantage-he wasn't too worried, though he was cautious. If he could send one of his lower teeth through the neck of a man in a surprise attack it would be one less fragger to worry about right off the bat. He thought about taking up an offer for a sword, but there was something more comforting about his own bone-white blades.I usually don't go instantly for the kill before I feel them out, but they shouldn't have snuck up on us. It's obvious they're up to no good.

He allowed the power to shimmer to life on the rest of his abilities; he felt his reflexes heighten. He was already wearing Shark's skin.

@Tide:

<<[Orion]: I'll need you to relay anything I might need to say to folks for now, chummer. If we have the stairwell covered, astral and matrix, we should all be good to turn this ambush around and who 'em who the real hunters are. Make sure folks don't jump the gun.>>
Lobo0705
Natasha, noticing the men coming down from the ropes, slips to a position of hiding, and takes aim one of them. She whispers quietly to Preston,

"Perhaps it would be better if we do not have to speak out loud? Here is my commlink code."
Archmike
Mr Smith

He stares blankly at Dog and his lips move whlst he translates in his head. Any response is swallowed when the blimp comes into view. He stands up and closes his eyes.
He feels the flow of mana through his limbs and his nervous playing with the deck of cards calms. He flick over the top card and takes it between to fingers in his right hand, looking down on it he smiles...

"Heh..."

...and starts to sing under his breath.

<<Whispers>>
"If you like to gamble, I tell you I'm your man..."
AlDaRoN
Preston

Preston face lights up when he finds the heavy pistols. He takes two of them and several clips before exiting the saferoom. Turning to Natasha: "That sounds good, here's mine".

He finds a nice spot near the counter where Hatter is hiding. But not too close to him so that when they start shooting at him they won't hit the decker by mistake. He then closes his eyes for an instant, focusing like warriors have been doing since the beginning of time. <<Time to earn our cred chummers>>

Moirdryd

Tide

He plugs Orions feed into the team's mini-network and double checks his gear is running through Hatter's cover. But he speaks for everyone's benefit.

"Looks like we have company coming in window side riding a silent blimp. There's a number of stealthed descent cables running from that thing and it's drifting our way. On the plus side I don't see any mounted weaponry but they may use adhesive charges on the armourglass."
He looks to Natasha as she sights up. "Wait for them to get in here, let them think they've got us napping. Also let them break the glass, the shoot them." he flashes a smile with that.

He moves as he speaks towards the small discreet console next to the wide glazed view of Seattle adjusting his lenses and hitting the POLARIZE command for the reactive tinting tech within the window's material makeup, dropping the skyline into darkness. He flickers a glance to Orion as the reports flow in from Hatter and Preston takes up his cover point.

"Two on the stair system, probably at least four coming through the glass. Anyone in the Elevators Hatter? Or on the Roof?..." he moves away from the control and stands between the two sweeping windows, head now bowed and glasses own polarization tuned to max. Listening as the team and the new faces react and prepare.

"Well said Orion, we let the Lady take her shots, Mr Smith too. Let them focus on the guns. They won't see us coming in their side and back."

He just nods at Dog's statement. He'd expected as much. His hands flex in anticipation and mana tingles in his flesh and somewhere in his soul he could taste blood in the waters.
Archmike
Mr Smith

<<Whispers>>
"You win some, lose some, it's - all - the same to me"
Aria

You watch through the polarised glass as the commando team descend to the balcony level and move with calm precision towards the façade. As predicated they begin to set charges…Silk speaks quietly but forcefully so that you can all hear her

"We’re being radar scanned, assume they know our locations, we can’t hold this location, it’s too exposed. We’ll make for the stairs and confront the two coming that way. In a couple of seconds they are coming in here and they will almost certainly lead with concussion grenades. It’s what I would do! Move yourselves!"

True enough a hornet-like drone can be seen descending from the hovering blimp and the weapon slung underneath looks very much like a multi-grenade launcher.

"Gossamer will coordinate comms. If we get split make for the sub parking level, I have exit vehicles standing by down there…"
Thanee
Violet

"Time to send them a little welcome present..." Violet says, a gleam of anticipation in her eyes.

"I will say hello to the guys outside at the wall. That should also give them something to think about, I hope."

Then the shaman concentrates to work her magic. Singing in her seductive voice to lure the spirit to her.

A faint shimmering in the air signals the arrival of the magical being. Violet looks pleased.

Since the suite itself is warded, Violet sends the spirit back to the metaplanes for the time being, and heads outside to the corridor.

Once outside of the warded area, she calls the spirit to her side again, and asks for the service she has in mind...

Find the people coming down the walls to the balcony on the other side of this warded room here and stop them. Break through the ward, if you must. Come back to me, when you are done.
Archmike
Mr Smith

He raises his head and looks at Silk. With a nod he casually walks out the lower door into the core.

<<singing softly>>
"The pleasure is to play, it makes no difference what you say"

He leans casually against a wall outside the apartment repeatedly shuffling the deck of cards watching the stairs out of the corner of his eye for the first sign of movement

<<singing softly>>
"I don't share your greed, the only card I need...."
AlDaRoN
Preston

To Hatter:
<< [Preston]: Hatter, it's time to move, come out of wonderland or I'll have to carry your ass out. >>

He starts to move as he talks, grabbing Hatter and trying to help him up while keeping an eye on the window.
ElFenrir

Orion cracks his knuckles, but nods when he hears the stairwell might be the best idea.

Figures they'd try to play dirty. I also wonder what for all the wards why they didn't get radar-blockers on this place? He would consider asking that later, but no time now.

He nods to Tide. <<Might be for the best.At least in the stairwell they'll risk getting themselves with the concussion grenades if they tried to follow us. Plus I think our mages are going to have a rude surprise for them if they open themselves up.>>

They seemed far, far, too prepared though. Almost like they'd expect our every single move. I don't much like that. That's something that usually doesn't happen unless there's a mole.

He glances around at the crew and wonders-Tide ran with them, so he figured the crew to be clean, but something didn't seem right.

"Concussion. They want us alive for something. Dunno about anyone else but I don't like the idea of forced servitude somewhere."

Hell help the enemies dropping in if they woke up Shark.
phlapjack77
Dog

@Everyone:
<< [dog]: scand it. weza frag da stair boz soonest. hold 'em, my ok>>

i seen nancy toyd wit dem knucklebones. he gotz da mojo, im hopin. slot'n'run chummer. me frist, closest da bestest

nothin pays, jabberin' away. stairs, comin' for ya.

[ Spoiler ]
Lobo0705
Natasha

Natasha leaves her position and begins to move with the rest of the group toward the stairwell. She positions herself behind the ugly looking one named Dog - several feet behind him, and gets ready to move down the stairwell.

"You first, tovarisch." she says, twirling the monowhip back up into her fingertip compartment - at such close quarters it would be as much a danger to her teammates as to the enemy.
Aria

Scrambling out into the stair well ahead of the incoming foe you form a loose string that minimises the chances of you being caught together…in deference to your employer, or perhaps just the way things worked out, Silk is somewhere in the middle of your group.

Keeping a tight watch Dog leads off with Natasha covering his rear…the strange Mr Smith is left to follow behind, nonchalantly flicking his playing cards across the back of one hand.

The muted emergency lighting is just enough to reveal the two foes coming around the staircase, despite their active camouflage suits. They are watching their corners like trained pros and you each have a moment to scope each other before all hell breaks loose.

Mr Smith flicks one of the playing cards around, the joker showing it’s sneering face, and one of the masked men below you turns to his comrade and shoots him point blank. Mr Smith smiles grimly as he wipes the trickle of blood away from his nose. Undeterred by the strange turn of events Dog places a devastating burst of fire into the remaining foe and the way before you is suddenly clear… Natasha ensures that the first attacker isn’t able to recover from his compatriot’s unexpected attack.

A dull whomp and rush of wind can be heard behind you and then the deafening sound of flashbangs detonating in the suite. The eerie brightness washes down the staircase towards your fleeing forms…
phlapjack77
[Thursday July 18th, 2075; The Cirolletisha Hotel stairwell, Mercer Street, Elven District, Seattle]
Dog

en smoke my gat, boz scanned down, iz shuffed down dem stairs. dat blowback, had me some brain sweat. ganked a nade, stacked em on boz. nancy boy right there, axed em "you mojo up some slitch happens here? dey come, i pop dem nade"

[ Spoiler ]
Thanee
Violet

"Well, that was quick..."

After a moment of fiddling with her commlink to figure out what the heck Dog just said, Violet says:

"I am keeping an eye on the astral, but the room is warded, so magic won't help much in this regard. However, I have sent a spirit to deal with the guys coming over the balcony, so they should have something else to worry about currently."
Moirdryd
[Thursday July 18th, 2075; The Cirolletisha Hotel stairwell, Mercer Street, Elven District, Seattle]
Tide

Moves close with Orion. The team falling into their almost routine pattern of behavior, it felt good and almost effortless as upfront things got interesting. Mr Smith it seemed could blend with a harmony very quickly he noted. Violet's spell went off behind seeming to deter the assault team briefly although the answering blast of flash bangs and the roll of the now muffled concussive wave proved that deterrent was only brief.

Mentally he began to run the numbers of the likely points of attack, especially if they were coming in for a snatch and grab and not to geek Silk. Who ever it was had expended some pretty resources in making things happen and it was clear their point of extraction would be, most likely, airborne. So going down was good. The whole thing had a sense of urgency about it though. Professional but quick, almost needy. Plus it was clear that Silk had run from, whoever this was, before.

He nodded to Orion as he spoke.

"Not so much US as HER" he nodded in the direction of Silk "And they seemed to come ready for some trouble. If we get a few seconds I'm going to try and have Hatter burn our visuals out of the Hotel datadump because this whole thing could lead to a string of unwanted headaches."

He smiles slightly as Violet once again proves she is so much more than a pretty face, sexy ass and long legs.

"As always, loving your work Violet, don't suppose you've got a mirage spell or something that'd work on ALL of us hidden away somewhere have you?" before he looks across at the team's decker.

"Hatter, think you can manage to make us all ghosts in the local system for once we're gone?"

He thinks over a few more things as they hustle down the stairwell, taking in the extraction team's tactical possibilities again.

"Dog, When we get down there we don't want to be hassled by any of the Emergency Service Providers that this place has got on hire. If our newest best friend has been dodging this guys for some time I wouldn't be surprised if they're expecting her to get away from the grab team we've just iced and evaded. reckon you can handle it?"
phlapjack77
Dog

tide be cray. i bez haphap with my big hand up on it."chummer you don know, you betta axe somebody"

[ Spoiler ]
Lobo0705
Natasha

Instinctively flinching at the explosion from above, Natasha takes a second to grab the commlinks from the two dead men. We can take a look at these later, see if we can grab any useful intel.

She flashes a glance at Violet, "Nicely done, now we can concentrate on what is ahead of us." Putting the 'links in her pocket, she gets ready to continue down the stairs behind Dog.
Archmike
Mr Smith

Wiggling a finger in his ear to clear the ringing from the gun fire he looks over the railing"Well if we wan to get her ladyship to saftey quickly i could always float the two of us down the middle here" He looks back up at the rest "That is if we're sure there where only two of them"

"you mojo up some slitch happens here? dey come, i pop dem nade"

He turns to Dog and stares at him blankly for a few seconds "My apologies Mr Dog but if you could just indulge me for one second whilst i find out what it is you just said" He brushes his mind against Dogs for a briefest moment just enough to pick up the last few seconds of thoughts "Ah! I see! I'm afraid not, however Miss Violets new friend will no doubt stall for time for us"

Turning back to look at Silk and flashing that smile again"Your chariot awaits if you wish it ma'am"
ElFenrir
Orion

Orion noticed the guards who had gotten shot before he had got there and heard the chaos that the mage had started. Good, they seem to be fairly well distracted. That thing is powerful. Probably won't last forever but it's extra time for us.

He turned toward Tide whom he noticed was closer to him in the hallway. "That sounds like a plan. I'd prefer to be un-noticed since these guys seem to have a bug up their arse about something that we had nothing to do this in the first place." He chuckled. "I suppose that's usual, though."

He sniffed the air again, to make sure that nothing out of the ordinary was happening. His senses he felt he could usually trust at least. The enemy had better hope he doesn't startle them coming up the stairs; he'd sink his boot-blade into their temple for their trouble.
Aria

Following the brief altercation on the stairs the way before you seems clear, perhaps suspiciously so. Although the stink of burning flesh doesn’t reach you from the suite above, Silk’s matrix overwatch kindly provides you with an AR window that vividly displays the carnage that Violet’s monstrous spirit is wreaking on the assault team. It has to be said for them that they display calm professionalism in the face of the threat. Once it is clear that their bullets are woefully ineffective a single foolhardy soul tackles it with a sword whilst ripples of mana streak down from the zep above. Being a creature unbound by gravity has other advantages and weaving around the lucky swordsman it flies out of sight inside the zep’s cupola…lurid flames wash the darkened windows…

The hornet VTOL drone however has been ignored by the spirit in favour of living foes and it is in pursuit…

“Thank you Mr Smith however I believe we should all stick together for as long as possible. We need to get out of this stairwell before that thing rains grenades on us. The next level down has an additional set of stairs, we’ll make for that and down to the sublevel parking unless anyone has a better suggestion?”
Thanee
Violet

"Looks like they weren't quite prepared for this," Violet says, as they get to watch the carnage her spirit unleashes upon their pursuers.

She blushes lightly, knowing now that the spirit she summoned was complete overkill against these foes. She had taken a great risk to summon it and was quite lucky, that she had come out of it unscathed. Toying with forces like this wasn't easy. She quickly masks her embarrassment with a vicious grin.

"Serves them right, eh?"
Lobo0705
Natasha

"I have no objections to moving this to a more secure location. Dog, I'll follow your lead again?"
phlapjack77
Dog

i yessed 'er. slitch wuz all down wit teh freshness. stabbed her wiz mine eyeballz...hap hap. but work now play later. "you right. goin' down like a protty, now." doan wait nobody.

[ Spoiler ]
Aria

You hustle down the empty escape stairs, conscious that it won’t be too long before the emergency services come pounding up in the other direction. Whilst you are all here on legitimate business, of sorts, you get the impression that Silk would rather not tangle with the authorities at the moment.

Towards the bottom, still with no sign of any other guests, fireman, and better still attackers, Silk stops you for a moment
”I think it would actually be better if we did split up here…I wasn’t sure we’d get this far but as Violet’s spirit seems to have halted the assault team I don’t want to be too large a target for any remaining forces. If you, you , you and you head out here and through the lobby I will go with Dog and the others down to the parking level. If anything is down there then you can flank them from that point…let’s move!”

Only a couple more flights and you pause before the double doors to the private parking garage

”Shit, someone has used a camera burner, I think we can assume that when we go through this door we won’t be alone…”
Thanee
Violet

"Spirit's still busy," Violet says with a wink. "Those guys up there are tough."

"So we gotta handle this in a more eye-to-eye style, I'm afraid."
Lobo0705
Nathasha

While she has no idea what Dog is saying, Natasha recognizes a useful ally when she sees one. She smiles and nods encouragingly as his lips move and his guttural voice comes out.

Natasha tucks the pistol in the waistband of her skirt, and reaches into her clutch. Instead of cigarettes, she pulls out a Flash Pak, readies it, and puts it in her left hand, while unspools the monowhip in her right. "Hopefully there will be more room out here to use this - I'm more comfortable with the whip than the gun anyway."

"When you open the door, we give them a surprise, da?"
phlapjack77
Dog

damned slitch morphin, but weren't no thing. soonest gonna be red-red, my big hand, their gut. big hap-hap fo' me, tho' the tall slitch don' know why. she wanted the dog, its there for seein'. smellin'. all slitches wanted the dog. she down with the redness, we all good. iz ready 'n gone, in the air more flavor than you can hold. eat soon, my stomachs hurtin'. tole t'others, "red"

[ Spoiler ]
Archmike
Mr Smith

Mr Smith stands at the back and flips the cards around his hands

I wonder how not alone we are... Still doesn't do to worry!

"The show must go on ladies and gentlemen I am prepared to deal the dead mans hand whenever you are ready"

He flashes that smile again and waits to see how this all unfolds....
Aria
[Thursday July 18th, 2075; Parking Level, The Cirolletisha Hotel, Mercer Street, Elven District, Seattle]

You pause, perhaps anxious and uncertain, in the lobby to the parking garage. Nothing is particularly visible but you can almost sense them out there, waiting for you.

Violet

You feel the lurch as your spirit batters down the ward on the suite far above you. The cowardly, or perhaps just sane, mages had retreated beyond the distance where the spirit’s link to you will let it go…that left it to hunt the remaining attackers above you. Of course going through the ward like that will alert the sec mage to a problem so whatever you are going to do here you had better do quickly…

Natasha

Damn, your link is being hacked!

Mr Smith mutters under his breath and you see an ace flick through his fingers before the door quietly slips open and you can throw your flashpak into the garage beyond…

Dog

As the door opens you get the tantalising whiff of gun oil and chrome, they are in there, you just aren’t sure where yet…
Thanee
Violet

"The spirit has entered the suite now going after the guys who are going after us, which means the building's wards have been brought down by him, which might upset some of the security mages here."

"Oh, and if the security shows up, try not to shoot them... we are, basically, on their side for once."
phlapjack77
Dog

dey there. gots my smokey boomboom in hand, grinned somethin wide to the slitch. "you frist"

[ Spoiler ]
Lobo0705
Natasha

"They're hacking my commlink - move!" Natasha opens the door and throws the Flash Pack through, while keeping her body out of the line of fire. She then activates the Flash Pack wirelessly.

"Now, Dog - your turn!"
phlapjack77
Dog

smoke iz you got em.

[ Spoiler ]
Aria
[Thursday July 18th, 2075; Parking Level, The Cirolletisha Hotel, Mercer Street, Elven District, Seattle]

Mayhem ensues as the violent flashes and stinging smoke fill the area just inside the parking garage. Keeping low but moving as fast as possible Violet and Mr Smith slip through the cracked door and break in opposite directions to avoid concentrated fire. Both peering into the astral to avoid the visual assault on the mundane they have to focus hard to detect the living auras down here.

The foe is obviously well trained in avoiding contact because at first they can’t be seen, probably using smartguns or endoscopes to observe from cover, but even the astral flares when muzzle flashes appear in four different locations ahead, peppering the doorway with fire…
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012