Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MET-2000 supplement, work in progress
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Tias
Hey all. I made this supplement, written from an IC perspective by an old character of mine. Since MET2000 has apparently been decimated in the new storyline, I might as well put it out here for those that still play 4E.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12duZLjx...PpyeDeynVaB7KDs

I hope it can be used by some of you, and I am still updating it. If you desire to contribute or edit or whatever, please do so in this thread, and/or another colour font than black in the document, or I may think I made an error and revert it.

Special thanks for fatum for encouraging me by his own works.

-Tias.
Fatum
QUOTE (Tias @ Aug 10 2013, 12:29 PM) *
Special thanks for fatum for encouraging me by his own works.
Aww how sweet.

That said, editing is disabled.

It's "Balkans" with a capital B.
"The Russians rallied to crush it", with a capital R.
"A German SINner", with double n.
"only if you really messed up being a citizen: killing cops, running against shareholders" - small K, shareholders is one word.
"irregular rad-group armies" - you have to decide if radgroups is spelled as one word, as in the part on recruitment requirements, or two.
"Most are stationed near the Ruhr megaplex" - megaplex is one word.
"Getting a posting here is relatively simple: sign the dotted line" - small s in sign.
"Sounds like Tuesday to me" - with a capital T.
"drek-huge fortified walls" - small d.
"corp mages on standby" - standby is one word.
"how to operate ground vehicles or hovercraft" - without s.
"high levels of equipment and expertise" - I doubt whether "high level of equipment" is a valid English phrase.

The MET is an offensive force of the AGS? I feel that should be a bit expanded upon - after all, normally all countries claim they're in it for defense, and the war ministries are Ministries of Defense, etc.

"Cross-membership and switching service between the Heer (Army) and MET2000 is not uncommon"? How does that work?

"You can enter the DD if you made boot as well as at least one other specialization" - this sentence I could understand on the third reading; maybe change for something like "if you did well in the bootcamp, as well as acquired at least one other specialization"? Regardless, I feel you should add a bit on advanced training and how those other specializations are acquired before listing that as a requirement.

"see Serbocroatia and die" - uhhh, the map of Europe in SoE makes no mention of Serbocroatia, only Serbia, Republika Srpska, Croatia, Sarajevo Enclave and other balcanized statelets.

I feel that the SOX bit should be directly after the part on Germany, since, you know, SOX is mostly in AGS.

"Some friends of mine even picked up generous bonuses testing rad-resistant bioware implants for EVO" - would SK really allow it? They're bitter rivals with Evo, and influential in MET.

Game information - I feel that directly addressing the GMs should be done in a sidebar; also, it'd be cool if you gave some info to make MET2k campaigns viable - like, how often they deploy small runner troupe-sized forces and why, how much they pay, whether they employ outside talent for one-night stands, etc.
Tias
Cool, thanks! English is not my first language, and I -was- pretty tired when I wrote it. I'll dick around with the editing settings later tonight!
Fatum
It'd also be pretty cool to see stats for some of the German vehicles (or their modern analogues, wink-wink nudge-nudge). Like the Wiesel, the Puma, the Fuchs, the Bv 206, the Flakpanzer Gepard, or the PzH 2000. Also firearms like the H&K GMG.
sirdoom
Tias, as you are located in Copenhagen, how good is your german? There is a whole additional chapter on the MET2000 in Fronteinsatz, the german version of WAR!
Ryu
QUOTE (Fatum @ Aug 11 2013, 04:15 AM) *
The MET is an offensive force of the AGS? I feel that should be a bit expanded upon - after all, normally all countries claim they're in it for defense, and the war ministries are Ministries of Defense, etc.

According to the German part of Fronteinsatz, they were build up preparing for the EuroWars (if somewhat too late).
Fatum
Yes, but if they're "the offensive force", that should be in the documents somewhere, but all countries like to pretend they only have the military for defense (except for some pretending to be world police who could as well rename their Department of Defense into Department of Invading Third World Nations).
Tias
Hello guys! Apologies for the radio silence, but private life has been extremely busy these last few months.

My German is passable, I will try to dig up Fronteinsatz!

There is definitely a longer-term goal of showing 2072-era versions of the German hardware we know and love wink.gif
Tias
Added a modern version of the Grizzly combat vehicle (and some nerve gas, for the hell of it!), please comment as I am terrible with vehicle rules. I will try to get another vehicle up tonight, probably a scout AMV of some sort.
Fatum
Isn't speed 83 a bit cool for a 90kY wheeled vehicle with Body 16 and Armour 24?

Also, two weeks dissolution time for VXI? I'd at least mention a neutralization agent.
Always Overkill
QUOTE (Fatum @ Sep 28 2013, 07:01 AM) *
Yes, but if they're "the offensive force", that should be in the documents somewhere, but all countries like to pretend they only have the military for defense
(except for some pretending to be world police who could as well rename their Department of Defense into Department of Invading Third World Nations).

That is fraggin HILARIOUS!!

Sadly Accurate, but HILARIOUS!!

Thanks for brightening my morning, Fatum!!
Always Overkill
My apologies, for some reason it posted that twice.
Tias
QUOTE (Fatum @ Dec 29 2013, 08:55 AM) *
Isn't speed 83 a bit cool for a 90kY wheeled vehicle with Body 16 and Armour 24?

Also, two weeks dissolution time for VXI? I'd at least mention a neutralization agent.

I can't make heads or tails of the vehicle rules, so thanks for pointing that out.

Well, VX is a multi purpose area denial agent, so I figure two weeks is around the norm. I'll add a neutralizer, thanks!
Tias
Added a new drug and a ream of info on Army equipment, organization and medtech.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012