Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [Warhammer] 'ere we go?!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Gotti
Who plays Warhammer(and I guess that crap 40K nyahnyah.gif)? And what do you play?

I'm playing a 2001 point Chaos Army of Khorne. Stop the gasps, it's not that cheesy biggrin.gif. I'm fielding warhounds, marauders, Chaos Warriors and Chariots. No Uberstrong lords(no lords!), just plenty of Exalted champions and killy hard close combat smile.gif
Ancient History
I have a bunch of unpainted orks and dwarves, gathering dust. See, I sold my lizardman army at auction.
TinkerGnome
I play Squats. Or I did until I gave it up because I can't paint to save my life (not ability, patience and actually getting it done... plus I seem to have lost my paints recently).
Kakkaraun
I almost bought some Warhammer 40k figures to make into jury-rigged Shadowrun minis, once. Then I realized I didn't have any money and left the game store. And went home.

Does that count?
Shev
I have a half-painted Bretonnian army, also gathering dust now. Interestingly enough, my first RPG was the Warhammer RPG. It was not too bad, (based on a d100 system) but nothing compared to SR.
Firewall
I had a 40k point army for 40k (the irony is not lost on me) and then realised that I had spent more money on lead figures than was healthy or natural...
LaughingTiger
I'm working on finishing an Unaligned Chaos Space Marine force for that crap 40K. After that's done, I'll start buying and putting together a Dwarf army for that crap Warhammer.
Backgammon
I recently bought a Word Bearers Chaos space marine to get into a campaign my friend was doing... it's fairly fun. Used to play fantasy warhammer when I was in early high-school.

All I can say about collecting an army is that e-bay is your friend. You can get a whole army for half-price.
Lilt
On a warhammer-related note: Has anyone else heard rumours that they might be doing a new edition of warhammer fantasy role-play?
Ancient History
Yes, I believe the Black Library is working on a new Warhammer Fantasy RPG.
fish
i'm playing a very fast growing 1200 pts space wolves (40k) which is gonna become a 13th company. and looking forward to buying a big brettonian army box wich is gonna cost me about a year to paint i guess. and once i bought that i'm gonna buy me an orc 1000pts confrontation warband. you guys should check out www.rackham.fr those miniatures are totally kick asssssss eek.gif
fish
btw there will ba a rts coming out this year set in the 40k universe, with some nice graphics (saw some screenshots in the latest white dwarf (storm af chaos issue)) with a couple of diffrent playable races, chaos, orks, marines and a surprise race. at least, that'show i remember it
CircuitBoyBlue
I used to play 40K, then decided I just didn't have the time to paint everything. That, and I played Imperial Guard, mostly, which isn't friendly on the wallet. Everything was ok at first, then everyone started wanting to play bigger and bigger battles, then 3rd edition came out and doubled the size of the reccomended army, in addition to crappifying the guard even more than 2nd edition had. A couple years ago, I picked up a copy of Rogue Trader, and it's great. You can play small armies, make them way more flexible, the feeling of the game seems to be more in line with what I thought I was signing onto in the first place (atmosphere-wise, 3rd is still pretty good, unlike Shadowrun, but I really dig Rogue Trader), and best of all, you only need to use one "l" to spell "kill." Oh, and the bit about the Eye of Terror blinking every so often giving the Space Marines the opportunity to rush in and install a 3 year long dictatorship is great. And mk5 armor rocks everyone's world with the force of the righteous.
JaronK
I play Warhammer Fantasy and Mordheim... wheeee... lizardmen, mostly, in both.

JaronK
fish
www.dawnofwargame.com , screenshots and trailer. playable races, orks, eldar, space marines and chaos space marines.
Shockwave_IIc
Not long ago gave away 9500pt Tau army (last count 30+ Crisis)

Still got my 5000(ish) Delf army, though only around 2-3000 is painted and fieldable.

I also suffer from the same Affliction as Tinkergnome.

Gotti no offence, but to me (and around these parts) Khorne=Yawn
Userlimit
I have a pretty nice sized Dwarf army (with a recently added Goblin Hewer!), and a smaller Dark Elf force. I've started collecting 40k minatures because I heard the rule changes made the game playable again, so I've been buying up some stuff to start a Black Templar army, but for now I've still got the Storms of Chaos campaign to deal with. biggrin.gif
Phaeton
I tried getting into 40k once, starting with a Tau army. I got one Crisis XV8 and realized it was too expensive to maintain as a hobby. Haven't gotten back into it since. frown.gif
Shockwave_IIc
To be fair you only really need around 4 Crisis. I had so many cos i like converting.

Mmm Storm of Chaos.... Cult of Slaanesh...

Me showing off 1

Me showing off 1a

Me showing off 2

Me showing off again
Phaeton
QUOTE (Shockwave_IIc @ Jun 21 2004, 06:22 PM)
To be fair you only really need around 4 Crisis. I had so many cos i like converting.

Mmm Storm of Chaos.... Cult of Slaanesh...

Me showing off 1

Me showing off 1a

Me showing off 2

Me showing off again

No. I mean Warhammer 40k in GENERAL was too expensive a hobby for me. nyahnyah.gif That and the store here that it's sold at isn't exactly right next door...frown.gif However, I might get back into it again, if only because it's fun making minis and dioramas. biggrin.gif

And those blue/white/red Crisis are absolutely WICKED...eek.gif
Lantzer
We have a Warhammer fantasy battles campaign going on around here. I don't play in it, but we've got a bunch of people in it - I understadn they'te using a big map to figue out where the battle are and what they're fighting over.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012