Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Circles of Power [2075: Game World]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
JxJxA
Lazare "Gemeaux" de Coulomb
[Saturday July 20th, 2075; Citadel Matrix Host, Seattle]

Lazare enters the gaming node with Vivienne at his side, using the persona that she had crafted for him for professional appearances. Physically, he looks just as he does in real life, right down to laugh lines and his slightly crooked nose. After all, the Frenchman is not so vain that he needs to touch up his imperfections. He is just vain enough to think that they make him look better than he would without them. He is dressed in a sharp business suit, a power tie, black leather gloves, and consummately crafted dress shoes. Vivienne appears in a woman's power suit, along with a tie, short skirt, and business formal heels. However, Lazare grins a bit sheepishly when he sees the setting.

"It appears we are overdressed, ma cherie."

"Easily remedied," Vivienne replies. She flashes him a smirk and snaps her fingers.

Lazare's persona begins to flash and warp, recoding into a costume according to Vivienne's will. The business suit turns into a matching scarlet coat and pants, a blue sleeveless soubrevest, and black leather riding boots. The coat is lined with gold, and a silver cross sits in the middle of the soubrevest. A long rapier flashes into his side, and a long rifle appears over his shoulder. A black felt cavalier hat with an ivory ostrich feather now sits upon his head.

"Ah, un mousquetaire?"

"I think it's appropriate given our surroundings and your background. It lets you use a gun. As for me..."

Vivienne's business skirt shimmers and melts into liquid light, shifting about her and clinging to her digital curves and angles. It grows solid and opaque, turning into an obsidian black silk kimono lined with sakura-pink edges---taking some liberty with the style to make it a little more seductive and a lot less formal. A sakura-pink obi loops around her waist, with a katana and wakizashi bound at her side. Jet black zori sandals decorate her feet. To finish the outfit, her hair grows long down to the small of her back, and is pinned back with a jade hair comb.

"I prefer a more 'hands-on' approach," she finishes with a wink, gesturing to the blades.

When the Gatekeeper announces himself and gestures for them to follow, Vivinne looks at her mousquetaire and extends her hand.

"Shall we?"

Lazare grins, takes her hand and gives it a kiss, and the two follow the imposing figure into the hall. They step through the portal, and both appear somewhat perplexed when they arrive in the bunker.

"Again, we are overdressed," Lazare sighs, pouting somewhat slightly. He uses the complaint to camouflage the true source of his discomfort. The assassin is completely out of his element in this place, and feels somewhat uncomfortable having to rely on Vivienne. Nothing can shrink a man back into a little boy quite so much as being helpless.

Vivienne is either kind enough not to make a point of his reticence, or is simply preoccupied. She scans the bunker, staring at the signals. Her lips scrunch up to one side as she considers different possibilities.

"Perhaps," Vivienne says while in thought, "but I'm enjoying the chance to wear something a bit fancier than my normal work clothes. Let me see if I can find our hostess..."
Aria

The gargantuan doors ahead of you whisper open with a breath of sweet escaping air. Instead of some monstrous creature though a small girl, perhaps eight years old, skips out to meet you. She appears to be naked, clad only in impossibly long anime esque hair, and you can almost feel the cold of the stone passage striking through her bare feet. She sketches you a mocking bow and flashes a dimpled smile at you all

"Welcome to my domain! I am Aria. Ryl speaks highly of you all which is why I have allowed you to meet here..." she frowns momentarily and it is like the sun going down "it is unlikely that other gamers would reach this far but it is not unheard of, perhaps you would like to change your personas to something more suited to the game zone?" she cocks her head "follow me please" and skips back towards the entrance

Flinging her arms wide she stands in the entrance, beyond her you can barely make out a vast cavern filled with twinkling lights. The floor and walls are covered with what looks like an ancient city that wouldn't look out of place in Greece where it not for the arching skyways spanning between buildings

"Welcome to the kaer..."
JxJxA
Lazare "Gemeaux" de Coulomb

Lazare is slightly taken aback by the small girl's sudden appearance and flair for the dramatic. He looks over towards Vivienne to see her reaction. However, the AI's expression is one of curiosity. She seems to briefly study the girl with academic interest.

"Of course," Vivienne says after a femtosecond's pause, and she snaps her fingers. The clothes around Lazare and Vivienne melt back into shimmering liquid light, and shift into something to fit the Grecian time period and the game design.

The mousquetaire outfit transforms into an outfit worthy of the Myrmidons of lore, but matching the artistic style of the game. He wears a shining bronze cuirass with matching helm and shinguards, and a crimson tunic underneath. A short sword rests at Lazare's side, and a bow and quiver are strapped across his back.

Vivienne's kimono disappears into a Grecian dress, decorated with rich purple and blue dyes. Her hair tumbles down in long curls. Delicate sandals gilded with gold are strapped to her feet. The swords disappear, turning into an ivory magical staff decorated with various arcane and alchemical symbols.

"I believe this is more appropriate? If not, I can change again. I rather enjoy playing dress-up."

Lazare walks towards the ancient, sprawling metropolis to get a better view. He takes each step slowly, indicative of his hesitation in being in this place at all.

"The 'kaer', you said? Is this where we will all meet?"
Always Overkill
General Genry von Tresckow, Saturday July 20th, 2075; After Hours, VTID Installation, Outside Paris, France

Tresckow sat uncomfortably in his chair as Drave prepared to jack him into the Matrix, "You know, Meine Genosse, I have never been overly fond of this process of letting the Matrix have a full access to my brain in order to carry my consciousness thousands of miles away."

"Welcome to the Sixth World,"
Drave replied with his usual sarcasm. "Look on the bright side, at least its not magic. From what I know, the Citadel is a gaming host, so expect the usual mix of wizards, pirates, and ninjas. I will run Overwatch from here."

"Just make sure I blend in; this meeting is supposed to be low profile."
Tresckow stated dryly, completely uninterested in the trappings of the virtual world he was about to step into. "Perhaps I can find some answers as to what the Lady deBathyre believes the Comte and his friends are up to."

"Shame we didn't learn more at the ceremony. It never ceases to amaze me how much these high society types can talk without actually saying anything."
Drave added, working in his AR display the whole time. "The system is hot; are you ready?"

Tresckow gave his friend a confident nod, and jacked in.
Always Overkill
General Genry von Tresckow, Saturday July 20th, 2075; Citadel Matrix Host, Seattle

As Tresckow materialized in gaming node, he appears as a Teutonic Knight; wearing ornately crafted full plate and with a bastard sword at his side. His features themselves were no different than that of his everyday life, bearing every scar and wrinkle as badges of honor.

He stood for a moment to take in his surroundings, countless gamers lost in their fantasies, playing out virtual lives in immaculately detailed worlds of their own creation. It never ceased to amaze Tresckow how much time and energy went into these "games". He had one time figured that if he had just a fraction of their combined efforts working towards a real, material goal, he could have freed half the Sixth World from the tyranny of the Megacorps by now.

He had to wait only a moment before the Gatekeeper approached, leading them on into one of the glowing portals that filled the entry hall. He noticed Gemeaux next to him, decked out in musketeer garb, alongside a beautiful woman dressed as a Samurai; and gave him a polite nod as they entered through the portal.

Upon arrival in the cavern, Tresckow wondered what could be behind the massive doors that lay in front them. He then heard Drave's voice over the comm.

<<@Tresckow[Drave]: You changed zones; let me find you something more appropriate...>>

Before Tresckow could respond, his garb changed from that of a Teutonic Knight to the bronze armor and cloak worthy of a Spartan Warrior King of old. Then the doors if front of them opened, and Aria's diminutive figure danced out, welcoming them all to the "kaer".

Not in the mood for games, Tresckow wanted to cut to the chase; but restrained himself and politely responded, "Thank you for welcoming us into your kaer. Is the Lady deBathyre waiting for us?" As he spoke he looked out onto the magnificent city, oddly curious about what they would find within.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012