Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stolen Souls predictions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Slithery D
Anyone have any speculative or educated guesses on where the plot in Stolen Souls is going to take us? With all of the major figures with risky implants listed in Storm Front, and the background plot of Sacrificial Limb I think Damien Knight and Richard Villiers are both finally going away. Plus random high ranking people in other corps and governments that provide an excuse for some new shifts in national or corporate politics.
BishopMcQ
I think it's going to be about the Universal Brotherhood's rise from the ashes, and we learn that all the early members of the UB are actually still alive through an arcane technique to transfer their soul into little gems. Now, the UB is implanting those gems into other hosts to transfer the memories and reclaim their rightful place in the Sixth world.
KarmaInferno
Deus is back. AND NOW DEUS IS US. EMBRACE THE RAPTURE.

I called it.

-k
Trax
Ghosts in the machine from the 2nd Crash are taking over new hosts so they may have flesh bodies again or are being held captive and studied, Captain Chaos returns from the grave!

I've been gone for a long time..what's Stolen Souls and Sacrificial Limb in?
Slithery D
Stolen Souls is the forthcoming first plot book for SR5.

Sacrificial Limb was the second Boardroom Backstabs mission. It starts with Nadja Daviar and Samantha Villiers teaming up to help the other knock off/down their respective rivals in their own corps. In this one Villiers hires runners to get dirt on Damien Knight for Daviar to use against him.

Both Villiers and Knight used augmentations that were mentioned as problematic for some people in Storm Front, so they're plausibly losing their minds or fighting off another personality at the same time their ex-wives/bitter rivals go for the kill.
Freya
Yeah, all that personality over-writing/e-ghost/problematic implants stuff makes me wonder if we're going to see some sort of e-possession plot. (I dunno, it almost seems like there's a quota for body-snatching stories - first the UB, then shedim, now this.) If nothing else, the name seems to be confirming it...
Sendaz
I am secretly hoping that all these e-ghost overwriting personas are actually video game figures that were backed up onto a legacy ultraviolet server and eventually achieved quasi-sentience , but were let loose by FJ and the rest during their little escapade.

Just to have Villiers facing off with Samantha and when she demands to know who the hell is possessing her ex, he can say 'It's a me...... Mario' nyahnyah.gif

Or to see when Bull (Real) meets Bull (video game character).
toturi
Has anything been written after the aftermath of Tempo? I recall a short story written after the events of Ghost Cartel but was there anything else?
Angelone
Tempo is pretty much done, the people who were working that arc are gone and no one else has wanted to pick it up again.
Sendaz
Cuz drugs are bad, m'kay? nyahnyah.gif
Angelone
Yes they are kids.

The augmentations help, but are not essential, look at Fastjack and his "possessor" demanding he get those augmentations to make it easier to possess him. My guess, mass hysteria and swamp gas.
Fiddler
Ok i'm betting on the long shot that stolen souls is about a cartel of elves taking over the shoe industry.
Oh wait that would be stolen soles. Well i'm sticking with it and saying the title was an autocorrect error.
Linkdeath
QUOTE (Angelone @ Sep 23 2013, 08:43 AM) *
Yes they are kids.

The augmentations help, but are not essential, look at Fastjack and his "possessor" demanding he get those augmentations to make it easier to possess him. My guess, mass hysteria and swamp gas.

Don't forget about the light from Venus reflecting off the aforementioned gas...
Angelone
Those darn Venusians always messing with our swamp gas.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012