Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GTA V!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
CanRay
Well, first off, I got GTA V for $7 (Returned a bunch of games for credit.).

One of the parts of the game are "Heists", as two of the protagonists are bank robbers (and the third is in training.). The planning sessions, however, are quite interesting. As is the acquiring of equipment needed for the job. It certainly makes me think of Shadowrun.

I really wish my group planned things out that well!

One of the jobs involves a map from a local fast food joint! biggrin.gif I certainly laughed at that!

So, who is up for a crew when the Online part of the game (Yes, GTA MMO comes with the game!) kicks off next month?
Critias
I haven't been able to dig in as much as I'd like, but I'm certainly enjoying it so far. I'm looking forward to multiplayer, yeah (it'll be cool to make my own dude and feel a bit more attached, instead of like I'm playing someone else's character).
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 21 2013, 08:31 PM) *
Well, first off, I got GTA V for $7 (Returned a bunch of games for credit.).

One of the parts of the game are "Heists", as two of the protagonists are bank robbers (and the third is in training.). The planning sessions, however, are quite interesting. As is the acquiring of equipment needed for the job. It certainly makes me think of Shadowrun.

I really wish my group planned things out that well!

One of the jobs involves a map from a local fast food joint! biggrin.gif I certainly laughed at that!

So, who is up for a crew when the Online part of the game (Yes, GTA MMO comes with the game!) kicks off next month?

Trevor always makes me think of 'Ray, Canadian and everything!
Angelone
I have Trevor looking like a crazy crazy hillbilly. I really like the other two characters, but Trev doesn't do anything for me.
Chance359
a dumpshock crew could be interesting. I agree about Trevor, I'm just playing through his parts to get back to Franklin and Micheal.
CanRay
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Sep 22 2013, 01:38 PM) *
Trevor always makes me think of 'Ray, Canadian and everything!
All you have to do is give me male pattern baldness, a meth habit, and get rid of my morals. biggrin.gif
QUOTE (Angelone @ Sep 22 2013, 04:40 PM) *
I have Trevor looking like a crazy crazy hillbilly. I really like the other two characters, but Trev doesn't do anything for me.
I love him. Too many protagonists have gone the "Anti-Hero" type, and seemed somewhat hypocritical. Niko was done in a decent enough fashion, especially when he has his own murdering ways in Liberty City thrown in his face, but it is getting old. Trevor is nice because he is what he is, and refuses to let anyone dictate otherwise.
QUOTE (Chance359 @ Sep 22 2013, 06:45 PM) *
a dumpshock crew could be interesting. I agree about Trevor, I'm just playing through his parts to get back to Franklin and Micheal.
I like the storyline of all three.

And, yes, a Dumpshock Crew would rock. Imagine the insane plans/jobs we'd end up doing.

So, who wants to crash Pißwasser stock? biggrin.gif
X-Kalibur
Trevor is basically who we all were when playing GTA 1 - 3. He even has throwback rampage missions (and, come on, he's the proto hipster!)
Angelone
I'm playing right now as Franklin and got a wanted star for gunning down someone who blocked me in traffic. When the cops got to me I swear one of them said "Be advised suspected is black" then my wanted level went up.
CanRay
QUOTE (Angelone @ Sep 23 2013, 03:42 PM) *
I'm playing right now as Franklin and got a wanted star for gunning down someone who blocked me in traffic. When the cops got to me I swear one of them said "Be advised suspected is black" then my wanted level went up.
So, just like RL LA? nyahnyah.gif
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 23 2013, 04:47 PM) *
So, just like RL LA? nyahnyah.gif

Pretty much; speaking as someone who lives quite close to LA.
Angelone
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 22 2013, 08:47 PM) *
So, who wants to crash Pißwasser stock? biggrin.gif

Trevor would flip, that's a proto-hipster's lifeblood.
CanRay
QUOTE (Angelone @ Sep 23 2013, 08:31 PM) *
Trevor would flip, that's a proto-hipster's lifeblood.
Wouldn't that be Patriot, or Logger?
Angelone
Keep seeing him drinking Pißwasser in game. You'd think it be a different beer but nope.
CanRay
I guess the GTA-Verse never got into MicroBreweries.
X-Kalibur
They don't have a PBR equivalent. But he's the proto-hipster, so the Budweiser knockoff is even more appropriate.
CanRay
Mmmmmmmmmmm, Bavarian Virgin Urine!
Angelone
That's a sipping beer not a chugging beer.
Angelone
So I beat it. What choice you make at the end A, B, or C. I'm trying to avoid spoilers. Also my psyche report was pretty good wish I could find it again.
Remnar
Does it recieve a good Dumpshock Approval Rating? I was considering picking it up for my PS3 since my computer went kablooey.

Sounds like it is a hit.
CanRay
It is quite interesting, and the major complaint about GTA games has been dealt with: "That F***ING MISSION!"

You fail a mission too many times in frustration, the game will actually allow you to skip it.
X-Kalibur
My new favorite thing - skydiving with Trevor - without a parachute. He's so manly, he doesn't even need one.
CanRay
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Sep 26 2013, 02:38 PM) *
My new favorite thing - skydiving with Trevor - without a parachute. He's so manly, he doesn't even need one.
Until he headbutts the planet.

Then again, I elbow dropped the planet and was able to walk away after giving it a warning...
Angelone
It is definitely worth getting. The story is well done and the characters are very different.
StealthSigma
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 22 2013, 10:47 PM) *
get rid of my morals.

I thought we already did that?
CanRay
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Sep 27 2013, 08:08 AM) *
I thought we already did that?
Sometimes it feels like all I have left are my morals...
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 26 2013, 11:52 AM) *
Until he headbutts the planet.

Then again, I elbow dropped the planet and was able to walk away after giving it a warning...

Without saying too much, Trevor can survive a sub-orbital impact on to any part of his body. Just think about it for a minute and you'll realize it. (used this to find his bounties and practically dive on top of them)
CanRay
IT'S LIVE!

Well, on life support. You can make your character now. Interesting way to go about it.
Critias
Their servers have been up and down all day, but for folks looking for a Crew, a bunch of us over on RPG.net have thrown this one together. Recruits are welcome!
CanRay
QUOTE (Critias @ Oct 1 2013, 04:37 PM) *
Their servers have been up and down all day, but for folks looking for a Crew, a bunch of us over on RPG.net have thrown this one together. Recruits are welcome!
Sent a recruit request. biggrin.gif
CanRay
*Beats GTA Online With My Cane* You work, but not work well!!!
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (CanRay @ Oct 7 2013, 01:20 PM) *
*Beats GTA Online With My Cane* You work, but not work well!!!

My roommate and I managed to jump the military base fence and steal us an F-16. We then commenced the buzzing (and subsequent razing) of most of LS.
CanRay
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Oct 7 2013, 04:06 PM) *
My roommate and I managed to jump the military base fence and steal us an F-16. We then commenced the buzzing (and subsequent razing) of most of LS.
I really have to get my USB headset to work with my PS3. I saw a guy rocketing everything when I had TWO Police Helicopters on me after knocking over a 24/7.

Really, Four Stars for knocking over a gas station? Do you guys have nothing else to do???
X-Kalibur
That happens when you knock over too many stores without hiding your face.
CanRay
Come on, unlock Heists already!!!

Ooooooooooooooooo, Trevor is now employing me!
DWC
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 26 2013, 02:00 PM) *
It is quite interesting, and the major complaint about GTA games has been dealt with: "That F***ING MISSION!"

You fail a mission too many times in frustration, the game will actually allow you to skip it.

That was something they came up with in Red Dead Redemption, which was just GTA 4.5
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (DWC @ Oct 12 2013, 06:17 PM) *
That was something they came up with in Red Dead Redemption, which was just GTA 4.5

Grand Theft Palamino

Although if I'm being totally honest... probably a better game than GTA5.
CanRay
*Beats GTA: Online with my cane* Open up Heists already!!!
mister__joshua
I'm just getting into GTA Online on PS3. Did anyone ever start a Dumpshock crew?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012