Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's your pleasure, sir?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Stahlseele
I have, unfortunately, been reminded that civilization is worse than crack cocaine in terms of addictivity.
Been playing Civ5 more or less non-stop since wednesday by now and just some hours ago finished my first whole round.
And that was the easy way out using politics to win the game, not the old fashioned nuing things outside my borders into glowing glass.

What other games do you have that will sucker you back in and not let you go for a week untill you drop from exhaustion?
Backgammon
I played Europa Universalis 3 last year. It wasn't pretty. Skyrim caused my "Week of Skyrim" when it came out, where I took a whole week off work to play it like a motherfucker. Well HR said I needed to take vacay anyway, so that's a bit of a factor, but I don't regret doing it one little bit. Best week EVAH!

But yeah, Civ definately brings out the worse. Sim City a little bit, but they server fiasco dented that a lot.
CanRay
Civ, of course. Tropico as well, especially with the rare DLC they drop. SimCity used to, but the most recent one I never got.
pbangarth
Yeah ... Civ.

Marriages, theses, jobs ... updates for my players on Dumpshock ... all suffer(ed) because of this one.
Stahlseele
To make matters worse . . when you win in Civ5?
You know what it does?
it gives you 2 buttons.
one says:"return to main menu"
the other says:"just . . one . . more . . turn . . "
CanRay
Just proves they know their audience.

Also: "Culture Bomb". biggrin.gif
Stahlseele
better that than culture beat
Iduno
If you like Civ, I assume you've played Alpha Centauri? It's the only game in the Civilization series that really grabbed me.
pbangarth
QUOTE (CanRay @ Oct 1 2013, 01:33 AM) *
Just proves they know their audience.

Also: "Culture Bomb". biggrin.gif

Yup. Conquer the world with artists. My favourite way to expand territory.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Iduno @ Oct 26 2013, 08:16 PM) *
If you like Civ, I assume you've played Alpha Centauri? It's the only game in the Civilization series that really grabbed me.

No, I haven't tried it. So many games. So little time.
Tanegar
I keep going back to Galactic Civilizations II.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012