Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Code Of Silence {OOC}
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Slide
QUOTE (shonen_mask @ Oct 17 2013, 10:33 PM) *
Im not getting any verification emails from invisible castle which explains why I cant get on.

I thought up the system to make it easier to see that i won't forge any rolls....

Check your spam folder. I haven't heard of anyone having an issue with confirmation on invisible castle.. Your system makes zero sense.
shonen_mask
how so? its so easy to follow.

anyway the mail was in my spam folder....smile.gif

ill change to the new dice system...
NeVeRLiFt
QUOTE (shonen_mask @ Oct 17 2013, 11:34 PM) *
how so? its so easy to follow.

anyway the mail was in my spam folder....smile.gif

ill change to the new dice system...

In case you missed the group break down so far Shonen_Mask.

Deckard = Face/ well rounded skills jack of all master of none
Zap = Hacker/ can fight with pistol/unarmed maybe even use a drone
Switch = Mage/ can use firearms if needed
Killer B = Rigger/ gunnery/drones

So we have a Rigger and a Hacker... you don't bring anything to the table man, no offense but you might want to reconsider what you play.
Also you don't have any skills really except for in the matrix?

and your stats:
Body 1
Strength 1
Agility 2
Reaction 3
Willpower 4
Logic 7
Intuition 4
Charisma 3

You choose unarmed? You will hit like a little limp noodle... are you planning on using drones and picking up firearm skill later?

Just trying to figure out what you're going for and I think the team would be better served by another mage, adept, street samurai or merc typer character that combat oriented.

edit:
If you do want to play this character then I really hope we play smart and avoid combat, cause none of us are combat monsters. biggrin.gif
NeVeRLiFt
*Do you worry that two deckers for instance would step on each other's toes? Would one player feel bad that someone is stealing his role perhaps?*

As long as they're relatively equal in skill, I don't think this would be an issue. Two street sams wouldn't necessarily step on each others toes... they'd just watch each others backs in a firefight and possibly be able to take on an even larger force due to having 2 x the firepower.

With the way cybercombat works in 5e, at least, two deckers can be a good idea and (in fact), could be very very scary.

Decker1: I use Edge and do a Brute Force attack on the enemy decker. I roll 14 dice for Logic + Hacking, and an additional 5 for my Edge, for a total of 19 dice with exploding sixes.
Decker 2: I do the exact same thing.
GM: The enemy's cyberdeck explodes. On an unrelated note, your next run is going to be the middle of an unpopulated stretch of Arctic tundra with a noise rating of 6, you jerks.

The problem, of course, is that if your group over-specializes in one thing (hacking or combat or magic), then it's not going to be as strong in other areas. So choose your jobs carefully.
Slide
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Oct 18 2013, 01:00 AM) *
GM: The enemy's cyberdeck explodes. On an unrelated note, your next run is going to be the middle of an unpopulated stretch of Arctic tundra with a noise rating of 6, you jerks.

I have had players run off to siberia chasing a red herring before.
shonen_mask
Two things

I decided to go with the character I made since it's my first in SR5 and i can do more just learning the ropes and not being in the way. Yes two deckers can work and i have no problem just trying to backup the other decker when possible.

Second. Why did you wait until the IC post to comment? I posted my character a whole day before.

And what's this about exploding decks??
IridiosDZ
Slide,

It was pointed out that I missed the modifier for running silent. So I rerolled with the correct dice pool and added the result to my post. I left the old dice roll in there for the record.
NeVeRLiFt
QUOTE (shonen_mask @ Oct 18 2013, 06:11 AM) *
Two things

I decided to go with the character I made since it's my first in SR5 and i can do more just learning the ropes and not being in the way. Yes two deckers can work and i have no problem just trying to backup the other decker when possible.

Second. Why did you wait until the IC post to comment? I posted my character a whole day before.

And what's this about exploding decks??

That was a joke Shonen_Mask.... read it carefully.

I would suggest reworking your skills, drop unarmed and take pistol, you won't be doing any damage with unarmed and with your stats the way they are I'm not sure you would even want to risk using a "Shock Glove".
A good light pistol with Stick-N-Shock ammo would serve you very well and allow you stay at distance while keeping cover.
Rystefn
QUOTE (Slide @ Oct 18 2013, 08:30 AM) *
I have had players run off to siberia chasing a red herring before.

Yeah, but it was awesome. "Did that son of a bitch come back for revenge after I stripped his girlfriend naked, tied her up, and shot her in the back of the head? What an asshole... better track him down and teach him a lesson about revenge."
Slide
Also, I won't always be checking things on a daily basis and don't intend to hold anyone else to either. Real life always takes priority.
shonen_mask
For Slide....

I not sure about the program storage in SR5 but ill only have only sneak, stealth, exploit and my non-hacking programs on my deck. The agent and wrapper is alone on backup.
IridiosDZ
QUOTE (shonen_mask @ Oct 18 2013, 06:45 PM) *
For Slide....

I not sure about the program storage in SR5 but ill only have only sneak, stealth, exploit and my non-hacking programs on my deck. The agent and wrapper is alone on backup.

In SR5 and SR4 there is near limitless memory, your deck should be able to store as many programs as you want. However only 1 copy of each.
shonen_mask
QUOTE (IridiosDZ @ Oct 18 2013, 08:57 PM) *
In SR5 and SR4 there is near limitless memory, your deck should be able to store as many programs as you want. However only 1 copy of each.

I'll keep just thoes for now. If worst comes to worst ill have the others to retrieve if needed and it's not too risky.
Don't wanna Ghost myself now... cool.gif
Slide
Hey just to keep u guys in the loop I'm flying around the country on job interviews right now. I'll be able to make a post late tomorrow night.
NeVeRLiFt
Hope you have a safe trip Slide.
Can't wait till you get back and we can get this rocking!

I ended up getting in 4 Shadowrun play by posts, and 1 Pathfinder play by post and have several Roll20 campaigns coming together.... so I'm going to be loving it and should stay busy this winter if these all work out great and keep going.

Slide
I do love me some roll 20. due to my crazy schedule I have a hard time committing to games.
NeVeRLiFt
QUOTE (Slide @ Oct 23 2013, 08:54 PM) *
I do love me some roll 20. due to my crazy schedule I have a hard time committing to games.

Anytime you have spot open for a Roll20 Shadowrun or Pathfinder campaign let me know I would be interested.
shonen_mask
Anyone have a map of the seattle area. Maybe a downloadable SR source?
NeVeRLiFt
You might try this.
https://maps.google.com/maps/user?uid=21295...l=en&ptab=2
shonen_mask
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Oct 27 2013, 03:00 AM) *

No thanks. I will most likely try a published material source for SR maybe 'Seattle 2075.
NeVeRLiFt
QUOTE (shonen_mask @ Oct 27 2013, 05:56 AM) *
No thanks. I will most likely try a published material source for SR maybe 'Seattle 2075.

Check Blackjack's site, I downloaded all of his maps and while I have all the books I'm sure you can find them yourself and get what you need.

edit:
Just in case you don't find what you're looking for shonen.

Seattle 2072 area maps and floorplans
http://shadowrun.chinagreenelvis.com/maps/

Blackjack's Shadowrun Maps via Web Archive
https://web.archive.org/web/20061011040232/...HIVE_mapsat.htm
Lobo0705
Slide,

So how do you want us to handle this - are we waiting on you, or are you waiting on us?
NeVeRLiFt
I check back daily and would post daily if not several times a day.
But I'm waiting and don't want to get a head of the others and was assuming the GM would move the story along.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Oct 29 2013, 09:15 AM) *
I check back daily and would post daily if not several times a day.
But I'm waiting and don't want to get a head of the others and was assuming the GM would move the story along.

Ditto with the amount I check and can post.

I also think we are in a spot where the group at the sushi place is ready to go meet up with Zap - I wasn't sure if Slide was going to do it or if we were supposed to.
IridiosDZ
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Oct 29 2013, 11:25 AM) *
Ditto with the amount I check and can post.

I also think we are in a spot where the group at the sushi place is ready to go meet up with Zap - I wasn't sure if Slide was going to do it or if we were supposed to.

IMO, we need to wait for Slide. I need some results for Zap, and expect that I would be able to complete some actions before the others are able to arrive.
NeVeRLiFt
Well last post from Slide was he's out flying around the country for job interviews.

So hopefully we hear from him soon and he's ok.
shonen_mask

Cool references to the Seattle area they will help alot... cool.gif
NeVeRLiFt
Been 8 days and nothing from the GM.
frown.gif
Lobo0705
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Nov 1 2013, 12:43 PM) *
Been 8 days and nothing from the GM.
frown.gif

Hopefully he has been successful in the job hunt smile.gif
Slide
Ok, i'm sorry I have been incredibly unfair to you guys. I'm going through some changes right now, on top of working 100 hours this week. I've decided that I need to use my veteran benefits and go back to college for my engineering degree, so I've also been trying to get that taken care of for the spring semester. Life got crazy on my. I'll take a look at where we are and try and get things moving again.
Slide
Also I was kinda waiting to see where you guys were going with things at the sushi place. I haven't seen real sort of plan so far.
Slide
Ok, did you guys ever figure out who is driving, what time you are gonna get there, and where you are parking before you go in? are you doing a drive by first or are you guys gonna just drop of deckard?
Lobo0705
Slide,

No worries - I was sincere in my wishing you well on the job hunt. That is far more important than a PbP Shadowrun game smile.gif

Here is where I see things - someone correct me if I've got this wrong.

Deckard, B, and Switch are going to meet up with Zap at the bar she's at, across the street of the Coy. At that point, Deckard can go inside, and I would like to Astrally Project and take a look around the place.

Zap is checking out the Host of the Coy and potentially wants to get some Matrix actions done before we actually arrive there (which makes sense, given that it is probably a 20-30 minute drive from Tacoma to Redmond.)

As for who is driving, I don't have a car, and neither does Deckard, so I'm thinking B has to drop us off smile.gif

Hin seems to be doing some sort of legwork, and is in communication with Deckard, but I'm not sure where exactly he is now.
shonen_mask
Glad you are back. smile.gif

Hin's at a motel in Renton just outside of the Downtown District layin low. By late evening maybe later he'll head out to the downtown district...

[ Spoiler ]
NeVeRLiFt
I have the FordAmericar and B has a van of some type.
Lobo0705
So, it looks like we are all agreed to get into B's Bulldog.

Do you want us to write up getting to Zap's location?
NeVeRLiFt
I drive there in my FordAmericar.
Rystefn
It's a GM call on how many people can fit in the van with all the drones I've got in it. I'm not sure if it matters very much at this point, but it might come up in a crisis later.
shonen_mask
I figure it's still late afternoon game time so my action wont take place till night....
shonen_mask

Are you still with us Slide?
NeVeRLiFt
I'm going to bow out of this... good luck everyone.
Thank you for giving me the chance to try play by post.
shonen_mask
Hey i got an idea...

How bout we slow down a bit and work out a plan to take turns running some actions?
seems different but ill be willing to try...
IridiosDZ
I'm with Neverlift. I've been considering dropping for a few days. The next couple of months will be hectic for me. Good luck gentlemen.
shonen_mask

Ill just post my last action. Maybe we can pick up sometime else....
shonen_mask

I'm going to update my character and I'll just owe you a karma debt.
shonen_mask
Hey, has someone been in touch with Slide he hasn't posted at all in a while.

Being new to PhP would it be ok to use his topic to post actions if he doesn't update? It's been about a month....

EDIT:

I'll just move him to Cast of Shadows...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012