Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [SR5] Building a rigger for the first time
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
SuperCracker
Hey guys.

We started playing SR5 this past Sunday. I had built a ninja-mage to bring to the table, and while fun, it was a bit redundant considering we ended up with another mage and a brawler-adept.

So I'm switching it up and going with something completely different. I want to try a street sam/rigger hybrid. I've noticed some cool drones (the flying hang-glider one gives me stupid Batman ideas), but I'm not quite sure what I'm doing.

So I come to you folks for beginner's advice. Teach me, o Dumpshock.
Slide
Do you plan on being a vehicle or drone rigger?
Find the errata that tells you the price and avaliblity for auto softs. They are the programs that let your drones do things on their own, like fire guns.
I'm not sure if it was ever cleared up about if a rigger uses their actual reaction or a mental stat to pilot a drone when "jumped in"
Flyspy's are your friend.
Network security is also your friend.
A rigger can be a powerful force for a team when used right weither driving the get away van, providing survelince or laying down suppressive fire with 5 roto drones.
If you have a cat shaman in the group don't hit stray cats on the road. He will not apretiate it.
SuperCracker
I was going to primarily be a drone rigger. Of course, since the other guys don't have cars, I'll probably end up being the one driving. But I doubt I'm going to super trick-out a vehicle with my resources.
Slide
QUOTE (SuperCracker @ Oct 3 2013, 05:35 PM) *
I was going to primarily be a drone rigger. Of course, since the other guys don't have cars, I'll probably end up being the one driving. But I doubt I'm going to super trick-out a vehicle with my resources.

The typical vehicle of choice is the bull dog step van. good body, good armor, lots of cargo space for willing and unwilling passengers, and if some one slaps a florist logo on the side you are compleatly incognito. speed and handling are also awesome on everything when you are jumped in.
Remnar
I feel like this thread didn't get enough love last time...

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=39729
SuperCracker
Haha. That's awesome. I probably won't use the ninja death drones, but it does help illustrate how to get a drone squad going.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012