Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Omae
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
DeathStrobe
I'm working on a javascript SR5 character generator. You can check out what I got so far at my site

http://www.dethstrobe.com/omae/

I've made it open source and licensed it using a GNU general license. So if you want to go in and mess around with the code, go ahead. When I get it a bit more feature complete I'll add in some hooks to access external files, like a custom css file if you don't like how I made it look, and libraries that can load your own skills and gear, and other things that I'm sure I'll think of later.

If anyone has the free time I could use some help with data entry. Right now, specifically, skills. But I assume I'll need help with spells, power points, qualities, and gear as well. But for now, I'm at the skills. I have them formatted to look like this: I have the skills all entered from the help of a reddit user named Kaycat.

archery:{name:"Archery", catalog: "agility", stat:agi, rating:0, mod:0, max:6, defaultable:true},
heavyweapons:{name:"Heavy Weapons", catalog: "agility", stat:agi, rating:0, mod:0, max:6, defaultable:false},

First is the object name, which is just the name of the skill as one word and lowercase.
Next is the name of the skill on how I'd like it to look on the actual page.
Catalog is the name of the attribute that it falls under.
Stat is the actual attribute, which is represented by the 3 letter shorthand of the attribute.
You shouldn't need to change the rating, mod, or max; but they are the rating of the skill, modification from gear/qualities/whatever, and max is the highest you can raise the skill at chargen.
Defaultable is if the skill can be defaulted or not.

If anyone would like to help out, that'd be much appreciated.
Fyndhal
Very nice!

Looking at it, I see the Influence Skill Group is missing.
Machine Ghost
You might want to add an extra field/element to that object structure. The group that the skill belongs to or none/null.

Edit: unless 'catalog' is intended to be the group, when the description here says attribute

Bug: After filling in the top of the page, every click on "technomancer" adds 10 skill points
AccessControl
Played with this for a bit, figured I'd post a few things I'd noticed that needed adjusting with the bits that are already here (I'm assuming the other major missing bits like Qualities, etc are on a to-do list):

• Nothing stopping you from taking two items from the same priority level. Also seems to accept choosing two priorities for the same column, but it looks like only the first one chosen applies.
  • Changing something's priority requires you to double-click the element for the changes to propagate to the rest of the page. (i.e. If I choose Attributes A, it gives 24 Attribute Points. If I then change my mind and shift it to Attributes B, it still gives you 24 Attribute Points unless you double-click the proper priority box, which seems to "reset" both any other selections for that column (as noted above) and updates the proper section of the page with the proper values.
  • Doing the above double-click to reset one section seems to reset some other areas in strange ways. I reset the Attributes column, which cleared out the assigned attribute points, but also seemed to have reset the skill points left to spend without clearing out skill point assignments (so it basically gave another set of skill points). Doing this in reverse (resetting Skills priority) does the same for Attributes, giving another set of Attribute points. Doing it for Nuyen seems to make both of these areas give free points.
  • The "Free skills" for Resonance don't seem to work (For example: I picked Resonance C, which is supposed to give 2 Resonance skills at R4, but adding points to these skills deducts from normal skillpoint pool)
  • "Header" bubbles (the ones with the filled-in-green background rather than transparent/grey) are hard to read. While points should be given for the old-timey green-screen look of the page, the bits where the background and text colors are reversed makes it hard to make out the text. Perhaps make it the bright yellow that some of the subtotal or other bits are?
  • "Attribute" header in the skill listings is misspelled.
  • Resonance skill group is missing from the skill groups area.

Overall, looks like good effort so far. I hope this turns out to be a good chargen in the long run! I already miss Chummer.
DeathStrobe
QUOTE (AccessControl @ Nov 1 2013, 01:15 PM) *
Played with this for a bit, figured I'd post a few things I'd noticed that needed adjusting with the bits that are already here (I'm assuming the other major missing bits like Qualities, etc are on a to-do list):

• Nothing stopping you from taking two items from the same priority level. Also seems to accept choosing two priorities for the same column, but it looks like only the first one chosen applies.
  • Changing something's priority requires you to double-click the element for the changes to propagate to the rest of the page. (i.e. If I choose Attributes A, it gives 24 Attribute Points. If I then change my mind and shift it to Attributes B, it still gives you 24 Attribute Points unless you double-click the proper priority box, which seems to "reset" both any other selections for that column (as noted above) and updates the proper section of the page with the proper values.
  • Doing the above double-click to reset one section seems to reset some other areas in strange ways. I reset the Attributes column, which cleared out the assigned attribute points, but also seemed to have reset the skill points left to spend without clearing out skill point assignments (so it basically gave another set of skill points). Doing this in reverse (resetting Skills priority) does the same for Attributes, giving another set of Attribute points. Doing it for Nuyen seems to make both of these areas give free points.

Its going to be a while before I go back to fix that. Right now I'd rather be able to be able to create a complete character then squash all the bugs. But thanks for the feedback.

• The "Free skills" for Resonance don't seem to work (For example: I picked Resonance C, which is supposed to give 2 Resonance skills at R4, but adding points to these skills deducts from normal skillpoint pool)

• Priority C doesn't give you any skills. Priority A and B however, add skill points to the character. I just assumed people would actually use them on magic/resonance skills, and I didn't want to reinvent the wheel just to make those two work, or at least yet...

• "Header" bubbles (the ones with the filled-in-green background rather than transparent/grey) are hard to read. While points should be given for the old-timey green-screen look of the page, the bits where the background and text colors are reversed makes it hard to make out the text. Perhaps make it the bright yellow that some of the subtotal or other bits are?
  • "Attribute" header in the skill listings is misspelled.
  • Resonance skill group is missing from the skill groups area.

• Overall, looks like good effort so far. I hope this turns out to be a good chargen in the long run! I already miss Chummer.

I'll be added a css hook later so you can actually customize the look of Omae if you download it and run it offline. But I've been debating on changing the labels to. I'm not sure yet.

The typo is fixed in my current build. But its really unstable, because I'm trying to add licenses to restricted weapons and weapon focus bonus. It is not going very well, so it might be a while before I get a new build up online.

Tasking is in the skill groups. And if you have have more then 0 resonance the 3 resonance skills should appear for you.
    This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
    Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012