Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] - Shadows of the CAS
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Umidori
Happy Holidays! Hope you lot are enjoying friends, family, and food!

~Umi
LordArcana
QUOTE (Umidori @ Dec 24 2013, 05:17 PM) *
Happy Holidays! Hope you lot are enjoying friends, family, and food!

~Umi

I'm enjoying friends as much as their boyfriends and husbands will let me wink.gif
Umidori
No comment. I don't have enough information to process that statement properly. nyahnyah.gif

As for my festive little bit of nonsense, I will of course replace it with pertinent IC in a day or two. wink.gif

~Umi
LordArcana
QUOTE (Umidori @ Dec 25 2013, 10:14 PM) *
No comment. I don't have enough information to process that statement properly. nyahnyah.gif

As for my festive little bit of nonsense, I will of course replace it with pertinent IC in a day or two. wink.gif

~Umi

Its all good. Keep it up if you want. That made me smile. I was waiting for Artemis to make his grand appearance and POOF!... there he was smile.gif

EDIT:

Go ahead and chat about anything you may have questions or concerns about the job. Let me know if you guys want to just skip to when matt gets there and i will bring him in.
Lobo0705
Hello all - happy holidays wink.gif

Umi - nice post on Christmas, made me smile as well.

Here is my thought on the run - I think we are stuck without more info. This info can be gotten from :

1) Autowired
2) Contacts
3) Physical surveillance

1) We need him to show up.
2) Lobo doesn't have any who can help, really - perhaps others do?
3) This turned out poorly, so Lobo isn't thrilled about doing it again, but will if necessary.

Info that I can see we need:

1) Layout of the building
2) Security on-site
3) What is the response time for the local cops?
4) Magical security?

Things we need to plan:

1) How we are getting in - brute force (not my first choice), stealth, impersonating an employee, having Artemis's prehensile hair sneak in and steal the chips?

2) How are we getting out - need a getaway vehicle, and preferably a cut-out vehicle.

Umidori
For general reference, Nick can bypass a lot of physical hardware given time to work on the devices. Since he's also reasonably ghostly in person, he's probably the person to take a second, more in-depth crack at on site surveillance - ideally with proper hacking support along for the ride.

Nick's hardware skills can also procure vehicles - again, when given time. If we just need a clunker or two that we plan to ditch, I can grab a couple reasonably quietly, and we can scrap them however we need to when done with them.

Brute force is of course our last ditch effort, and while it would be messy, we could surely manage.

Stealth is Nick's forte, particularly unrushed stealth where he can take the time to bypass security systems methodically.

Impersonation could work if Artemis and Nick team up, possibly with Autowired too. Nick's actually got the best Disguise out of all of us, at least in terms of costuming, with Artemis being slightly more skilled overall without a specialization. One possible avenue is to get in as some sort of utilities or service personnel - electricians, since Nick actually has the appropriate knowledge and tools to sell that angle, but other possibilities exist such as plumbing, air conditioning, etc.

We would want to fabricate a reason for our being there, of course. This could be done via hacking in to send fake memos and work orders to the security teams and floor managers and whatnot, that sort of thing. We could also manufacture an "accident", sabotaging some system to produce an actual need for workmen to be on sight, which creates a stronger alibi.

Of course, this assumes they hire third party contractors for things like electrical repairs, and don't have onsite electricians or personnel sent in from corporate or something. Although, if offsite personell turns out to be the case, we could possibly hijack the repairmen before they arrive and take their place, but it's risky.

Overall, relying on Impersonation seems more trouble than it's worth at the moment.

One option that hasn't been broached is blackmail - if we had someone on the inside to set things up for us, that would make both the Impersonation option a lot easier. Similarly, even if we don't employ a conscious agent, Nick could maybe steal and copy some passkeys and access codes "acquired" from the chief site manager or whoever and use them to assist in our Stealth option.

~Umi
LordArcana
Is it just me or has Dumpshock been down off and on the last few days? I go from being able to read the rite to being denied access to post then nothing at all. I will read up in the morning and get caught up... if able. smile.gif
LordArcana
I haven't forgotten the game guys... Just been wicked crazy busy trying to fix broken things and get stuff done while i have a few days off. I'll try to get caught up this weekend.
Umidori
Holiday season, still the first week of January, I think we all expect it. nyahnyah.gif

~Umi
Lobo0705
Bump - just saying I'm still interested - don't want this to die the death the previous games I've been in have gone through.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012