Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wireless Bonuses in Real Life
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
tsuyoshikentsu
http://m.imgur.com/gallery/ktmgi7y
Happy Turkey Day!
KCKitsune
QUOTE (tsuyoshikentsu @ Nov 28 2013, 11:48 PM) *

Yeah, but you would have to show that if the grill didn't have WiFi then the turkey would have to be watched CONSTANTLY... I mean every second or it would burn or explode or something stupidly implausible like the current Wireless rules.

Sorry if this a little late, but I just got off of work.
SpellBinder
So what happens to a turkey that gets bricked?
DeathStrobe
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Nov 29 2013, 06:24 AM) *
Yeah, but you would have to show that if the grill didn't have WiFi then the turkey would have to be watched CONSTANTLY... I mean every second or it would burn or explode or something stupidly implausible like the current Wireless rules.

Sorry if this a little late, but I just got off of work.

But that's not at all how wireless bonuses work. Are you thinking about if the oven was bricked?
DMiller
Mmmm, brick ovens. smile.gif
FuelDrop
isn't there a toilet with wireless bonuses? I seem to remember that they had EVEN WORSE security built in than shadowrun gear.
Sengir
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Nov 29 2013, 02:24 PM) *

Turkey without wifi becomes incompatible with side dishes? Opening the oven becomes a Complex Action? biggrin.gif
Backgammon
More like this:

In Shadowrun, you stick a Turkey in the oven. End of process. The oven wirelessly pings the RFID chips inside the Turkey and discover how long it needs to cook for. Nobody, and I nobody, would know what temperature and how long to cook a turkey they just bought. Why would they? It would seem incredibly archaic and backwards if you had to dial the right settings in your oven. You're not a professional chef! Why would you know this??!!

Now, if you turn off the Oven's wireless capabilities... well, what the hell does your oven have to go on? There aren't even manual controls on the damn thing. You need to crack it open and jury-rig yourself a basic interface to control temp and time. Your wifi oven WILL cook a better turkey than you - it will adjust when you open the door and let the heat out, will adjust perfectly to the weight of the Turkey, etc. You do that by hand - you get an inferior turkey. Possibly burnt black.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012