Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speed Archery
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tashiro
From Lars Anderson

I've seen this guy before - he's freaking amazing, but the bottom video is new. Effectively, he goes by a three on a motorcycle, and shoots all three of them in 1.3 seconds. How would this be done in SR5 though? I mean, in theory it could be done via split dice pools, but I'm not so certain that would be entirely the way to go.
binarywraith
That's not so much an 'ancient technique discovered' as it is a lightly strung bow and a guy with fast hands. It's impressive, but not groundbreaking.

He's shooting close range targets with a light bow, with arrows already held in his shooting hand.

I find this more impressive, to be honest : https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id...p;v=gdes3XCkhcM
Umidori
This exact same stupid fucking video has shown up on Dumpshock like three times now.

The motorcycle one is new, but hey, it's been like two years, guess you can't blame the guy for trying to rekindle his viral nonsense.

~Umi
Medicineman
QUOTE (Tashiro @ Dec 28 2013, 02:59 AM) *
From Lars Anderson

I've seen this guy before - he's freaking amazing, but the bottom video is new. Effectively, he goes by a three on a motorcycle, and shoots all three of them in 1.3 seconds. How would this be done in SR5 though? I mean, in theory it could be done via split dice pools, but I'm not so certain that would be entirely the way to go.

It can't be done , not in SR5 , not by RAW
Splitting the Pool and targeting multiple Targets is by RAW only possible with Long or Full Auto Burst.
In SR4A however with Quickdraw he could shoot an Arrow as a simple Action at different Targets (for a -2 Mod)
and with 3 Inipasses he could shoot at a total of 6 different Targets in 3 Seconds . He wouldn't even need to split his Pool as each attack is a different one

With a Dance by the Pools
Medicineman
Neraph
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Dec 29 2013, 02:16 AM) *
It can't be done , not in SR5 , not by RAW
Splitting the Pool and targeting multiple Targets is by RAW only possible with Long or Full Auto Burst.
In SR4A however with Quickdraw he could shoot an Arrow as a simple Action at different Targets (for a -2 Mod)
and with 3 Inipasses he could shoot at a total of 6 different Targets in 3 Seconds . He wouldn't even need to split his Pool as each attack is a different one

With a Dance by the Pools
Medicineman

Without being an Adept you could also use Martial Arts and take Iaijutsu (for either the bow or the arrow, whichever your GM prefers) to get an action that goes:
1 IP: 1 free Ready, 1 fire, 1 standard ready
2 IP: 1 standard fire, 1 free ready, 1 standard fire

Ad nausea. With 4 IP per turn you could fire 6 arrows in one Combat Turn, meaning you're doing about two arrows a second. Without magic.
Medicineman
or, if Your GM allows it and You have a quickdraw-quiver (like a Quickdraw-Holster) You can draw and shoot the Arrow with only one simple Action (if You make the Quickdraw Roll (IIRC Projektile & AGI [2] )
But we're approaching Houserule Territory with that

with a Dance at the Border
Medicineman
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012