Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mage: The Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Tanegar
Deluxe Mage: the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition

I dropped $210, which is more than three times what I've pledged to any other Kickstarter. Even though I have never actually gotten to play a game of Mage: The Ascension, it remains one of my favorites for its ideas and setting. This edition is going to be 500,000 words long, and the intent is to make it the definitive Mage. I am incredibly stoked.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Mar 5 2014, 02:37 AM) *
Deluxe Mage: the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition

I dropped $210, which is more than three times what I've pledged to any other Kickstarter. Even though I have never actually gotten to play a game of Mage: The Ascension, it remains one of my favorites for its ideas and setting. This edition is going to be 500,000 words long, and the intent is to make it the definitive Mage. I am incredibly stoked.

LOL I never kick in more than 15 or 20 dollars or so.
Tanegar
*shrug* Your choice. $20 wouldn't have gotten me anywhere close to the book, plus I want to support the project.
Sendaz
I will have to consider it...

Always liked it as source material, though usually they left some truck sized holes that always needed mending.
Tanegar
Five days left, half a million pledged, and a metric fuckton of stretch goals unlocked. Take another look.
NoMessiah
Mage and Call of Cthulhu are probably tied for my favorite game with one or the other edging up over the other once in a while. I pledged $135 on the first day of the kickstarter, and last week, I found out my wife overspent our budget, so I had to withdraw my pledge. That was a sad, sad day. If only they could extend it another week, I'd gladly pledge the $360 or so for the spiffy cover. As soon as I get my hands on a PoD copy, I'm scrapping whatever game I happen to be running (Werewolf currently, but SR5 in the works for the near-ish future), and I'm running some Mage.
Wounded Ronin
I played Mage one time in my life in high school. A 45 minute one shot. It was fun. Not pretentious or floridly dramatic, but rather the style was more imaginative, figuring out how to influence various real world situations and problems using magic in a subtle way that no one notices. It was kind of clever and low key and kind of fun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012