Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What makes a 'combat character'?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
binarywraith
QUOTE (Dolanar @ Mar 22 2014, 02:30 AM) *
I will muddy the waters a bit more. I have a sniper who, personality wise, would find a brawl in the bar an annoyance & not worth the effort of drawing a weapon unless his life was threatened. However, I consider him a combat/stealth character because he defines himself as a killer & would probably trade his whole team is for a nice 5mil nuyen pricetag.

That doesn't muddy anything. He's a sniper by profession. That means that he is, in fact, a combatant by trade.
Cain
QUOTE (binarywraith @ Mar 22 2014, 12:32 AM) *
That doesn't muddy anything. He's a sniper by profession. That means that he is, in fact, a combatant by trade.

You could draw a distinction between a combatant and an assassin. He might not do much in a fight, as per Toturi's definition, but he can shoot well. It'd be the difference between a combat marksman and an olympic shooter.
FuelDrop
I would define sniper as a combat role not dissimilar to designated marksman.
Not assassin, though, as poisoning someone's food is an example of a non combat assassination.

Ps sorry if my post is a confused mess. Jet lag.
Shortstraw
QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Mar 22 2014, 09:51 PM) *
I would define sniper as a combat role not dissimilar to designated marksman.
Not assassin, though, as poisoning someone's food is an example of a non combat assassination.

What about an adept assassin that throws poisoned hot dogs?
Jack VII
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Mar 22 2014, 08:47 AM) *
What about an adept assassin that throws poisoned hot dogs?

My next character design! Do throwing hot dogs use physical limit for accuracy and do they have a wireless bonus?
Shortstraw
Wireless bonus: hot dog separates mid air (treat as narrow spread).
Happy Trees
Dang, I forgot to use contact poison on the hot dogs, and none of the baddies are eating them!
Achsin
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Mar 22 2014, 06:53 AM) *
Wireless bonus: hot dog separates mid air (treat as narrow spread).

I think I snorted ketchup out my nose.
binarywraith
QUOTE (Happy Trees @ Mar 22 2014, 08:46 AM) *
Dang, I forgot to use contact poison on the hot dogs, and none of the baddies are eating them!

He specializes in Barghests.
Shortstraw
QUOTE (binarywraith @ Mar 23 2014, 06:28 AM) *
He specializes in Barghests.

Barghests or baguettes?
toturi
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Mar 23 2014, 10:11 AM) *
Barghests or baguettes?

Both perhaps?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012