Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What would be the easiest way to share a RPG you created with the world?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Wounded Ronin
So, as someone who used to GM SR for several years, and who's had some interesting life experiences, I'm thinking that maybe someday when I'm less busy I'll sit down and think of the best RPG storyline ever.

Besides for learning how the latest D20 system and turning out a paper module of some kind, what would be the easiest way to write a RPG and share it with the world? Would it be to use RPG Maker and do some kind of JRPG where the focus is on dialogue and text? Would it be to try and use Shadowrun Returns? What would have the smallest technical hurdle or learning curve? Given that this might be something I'm planning for the future, the platform as it were should be something that would be viable for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for your thoughts!
ShadowDragon8685
Get chummy with someone who works for Wizards. Talk up your idea with them over drinks and food over an extended peroid of time. Get them hyped about it. Then see your work shamelessly plagarized and module-ized with a WotC logo on the front, don't see a single red cent for it, and become known briefly as that crazy internet ranting guy who swears blue in the face that [popular module released by Wizards] was his idea first, and they stole it, damnit.
Sendaz
So WotC has Disney staff now?
Wounded Ronin
I'm currently in the closest inhabited place to R'lyeh. I think I'm safe from the Wizards for now.
Tiralee
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!"

-Tir
Wounded Ronin
Maybe safe from the Wizards of the Coast, but not safe from those wizards!

QUOTE (Tiralee @ May 2 2014, 05:23 AM) *
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!"

-Tir

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012