Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Krav Maga (Arsenal Martial Art)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Angrillori
So, I'm skimming Arsenal, and I see for 5BP each you can buy Krav Maga abilities of:
Ready Weapon as a free action
Take Aim as a free action

These sound pretty great. Am I missing something?

I'm working on a gunbunny sort of build, and had positive qualities of:

Restricted Gear (5) To get MBW2
Genetic Heritage (10) To get free Genetic Optimization (AGI)
Biocompatibility (10) To help make MBW2 + 2 Cyberarms leave a touch of essence behind to fit an attention coprocessor, and a couple reflex recorders

Which leaves me with 10 BP left. I had considered going 10BP into perceptive for the +2 to all perception tests. But I'm tempted to go with the Free Take Aim and Free Ready Weapon Actions from Krav Maga. I can get perception bonuses from a lot of different gear (notably, Reception Enhancers R2 provide the exact same benefit for 40K Y and .2 E because of the Bioware halving E cost at this point) but I can't get gear that free actions ready Weapon or Take Aim. OTOH, I don't know if I'll have the E to spare for Perception Boosting Cyb/Bioware down the road.

Advice?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
The Krav Maga abilities are very nice, yes.
Not really missing anything with them, from a mechanical standpoint.

For a gunbunny, though, I have always liked the Hawkeye Quality (Reduce Range Penalties by One Category) as well..
Angrillori
I seem to remember Hawkeye only worked on unmodified eyes?

Oh, except I'll have unmodified eyes. (I forgot this dude's forgoing cybereyes and using gear.)

Thanks for the info!
Udoshi
Hawkeye has nice synergy with an improved rangefinder modification from arsenal.

Works fine with smartlink glasses or contacts
SpellBinder
If a reflex recorder is for Infiltration or Longarms, and your Essence is at most 2.99, you've just met the qualifications for the Sharpshooter quality (10 BP, though) from Way Of The Samurai. If you expect to be taking a lot of Take Aim actions, among other things Sharpshooter will let you go up to your full skill instead of half.

Or on another course, if your Essence is still no more than 2.99, your Intuition + Charisma is at least 7 & you have Perception 3 & Pistols 3, you could take Bodyguard (also Way Of The Samurai & 10 BP). You get a +2 dice pool bonus to Perception checks (which stacks with Hawkeye) and you get your choice of Ready Weapon or Take Aim is a Free Action.

Or, if these are appealing to you, check with your GM about buying either (or both) of these with karma later on.
Elfenlied
Note that you only get 1 free action per pass.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
Also note that you can also use a "Simple Action" to take a "Free Action" Action. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012