Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deus Ex GMDX
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Wounded Ronin
http://genericname112.wix.com/gmdx

Well I'm glad that people are still making Deus Ex mods. For me it remains one the best games of all time. Shifter remains one of my all time favorite mods as well.

I'm not sure how I like the sound of this mod, though. It sounds like they made stealth a lot harder by boosting AI detection radii, and they also decided it would be a good idea to reduce the amount of ammo you find.

I thought Deus Ex was a little bit of an ammo starvation game in the first place. In the interests of realism, you'd think you could pick up over 100 rounds of ammo from each UNATCO or MJ12 trooper you took down, so less ammo seems less realistic, not more. Unless they implement the opponents running out of ammo as well, so that after they chase you for a while firing they have to pull out their knives and try to stab you.

They also say they made LAMs and crates of TNT less powerful, which is kind of no fun. One of the most outrageous and memorable and initially surprising things about Deus Ex was how overpowered these things were.

I think at the end of the day one of the things I really liked with Deus Ex was the ability to take things slow, enjoy the atmosphere, and role play a little. It sounds like they just sat around and figured out how to make things harder.
Tanegar
The constant references to "balance" are a little confusing; I found DX very well balanced. Also, to what "widely agreed upon flaws" are they referring?
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Sep 6 2014, 06:16 PM) *
The constant references to "balance" are a little confusing; I found DX very well balanced. Also, to what "widely agreed upon flaws" are they referring?

It occurs to me that something that might be easy for someone who has been playing the came continuously for over ten years might not be "easy" in the conventional sense. The ten year gamer experience being easy or whatever doesn't mean the game is flawed in terms of being too easy.
Tiralee
Thanks Ronin - you've heard of the "Deus Ex effect"?

Now I have to find where I've stashed my CD's and reinstall it.

(FYI: "Every time the game Deus Ex is mentioned, someone just HAS to play it again.")

...Would have loved a revisit of the Original in the new game's skins and engine...sooo pretty.

Would have also loved the original concept of your bioelectricity running from an accumulator, so you'd recharge totally given time, food and drink. (food and drinks, especially those containing electrolytes, speed up this recovery).

...Also, have to re-voice JC Denton. How corny was he?smile.gif
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Tiralee @ Sep 7 2014, 08:14 AM) *
Thanks Ronin - you've heard of the "Deus Ex effect"?

Now I have to find where I've stashed my CD's and reinstall it.

(FYI: "Every time the game Deus Ex is mentioned, someone just HAS to play it again.")

...Would have loved a revisit of the Original in the new game's skins and engine...sooo pretty.

Would have also loved the original concept of your bioelectricity running from an accumulator, so you'd recharge totally given time, food and drink. (food and drinks, especially those containing electrolytes, speed up this recovery).

...Also, have to re-voice JC Denton. How corny was he?smile.gif

Yeah, I installed and played it again last night.

"I cannot bereave you have not lead this book!"

"I'm not big into books."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012