Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seattle Metro GM/Player Seeking
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Kiirnodel
I'm looking to start up a new group to play Shadowrun with, or join an existing group if one presents itself. I am posting here on behalf of myself and two other players so we already have a small group, we just need a few more players to round out a Runner team.

To start out, we are located in South King county (Auburn specifically) and we have a local store that seems like a good place to try out meeting at. We would need to work out the exact details, but it looks like a Weekday afternoon/evening would work best.

As far as the specific game, we have transitioned to Fifth Edition, so this would be our edition of choice. I am a Catalyst Demo Team member, so I have experience running and I can run some official Shadowrun Missions games. For starters, this seems like a good option for getting a group together, particularly so we don't have to worry as much if the group fluctuates on a week-to-week basis. If the "official" game style isn't an interest for you, let me know and I can see about working something out.

If you're in the area and are interested in Shadowrun, feel free to contact me!
Koekepan
QUOTE (Kiirnodel @ Sep 30 2014, 10:53 AM) *
To start out, we are located in South King county (Auburn specifically) and we have a local store that seems like a good place to try out meeting at. We would need to work out the exact details, but it looks like a Weekday afternoon/evening would work best.

The AFK tavern? I can recommend it.

I'm already booked hard for games, I'm afraid, but as a venue it's good.
Tecumseh
I'm in (downtown) Seattle so Auburn is a bit too far for me to make it, especially on a weekday, but l will lend a voice of support.

That said, if Koekepan ever emerges from the shadows I'd make the trip to GM one of my own Redneck Runs.
Koekepan
Well, hell. This is all sounding far too tempting.

I don't get to the 'plex all that often, but I might just have to make a pilgrimage.

What edition works for you? Maybe we can pull something together.
Tecumseh
I'm 5th Edition these days. I know 4th but it's getting rusty.
Koekepan
I don't have 5th Ed. I do have 2nd, 3rd and 4th (including SR4A).

I admit I liked the style of 2nd more than 3rd, and 3rd more than 4th, but in some people's books that makes me a grognard.
Tecumseh
I started on 2nd Edition and that is still my favorite, setting-wise. I only played 3rd Edition a couple times. I never liked target numbers though, and was glad when attributes were added to the skill tests. But I won't completely derail the thread with well-rehearsed arguments. Let's hope that Kiirnodel can find some regular players rather than a couple one-time drop-ins.
Kiirnodel
Thanks for the interest guys, maybe once I have a regular group going we can arrange for a one-shot so you can come out and show us what you got.

Still looking to hear from people for general interest, if anyone knows people who would be interested, steer them my way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012