Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Through the Looking Glass [SR5] Recruitment
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Aria

I’m looking for a dedicated team of runners for a datasteal. This will be linked with and follow on from my Looking Glass run but you don’t need to have been on that run or know anything about it. Recruitment will be flexible and if we get a large number of applications I may well split you into a couple of teams…who wants to be on the distraction team? ork.gif

As with the original LG and in an attempt to avoid the blight of many pbp threads (players losing interest before any action starts!) I’m going pitch the players into the run mid-way through. There will be a chance for some OoC planning so that you aren’t completely in the dark but they do say that a plan never survives contact with the enemy anyway…

This will be an ongoing part of the my 2075 thread and character gen and rewards will be as per that thread…essentially it is normal gen + 1 free GM contact (in this case your fixer Silk) and you earn 1 karma and 2000¥ for every 2 IC posts you make (cumulative across any of my 2075 games!) which can be spent mid run (we can work out IC reasons for new equipment or increases to skills etc)…

Character concepts can either be posted here or in the master OoC thread which will be used for all the OoC once the game kicks off.

Any questions please yell!
adamu
Yeah, you know I'm in!
Jayde Moon
I was thinking of joining in on the other thread, but then it looked like folks had lost some steam or whatever and it was kind of getting to a conclusion... so this looks like a great place for me to plug in, here.
8-bit
I'm in, still finishing up a character concept and backstory.
RdMarquis
You'll need a hacker, won't you? : )
8-bit
I've got a decker setup, still figuring out Knowledge skills and backstory. I should have the character sheet by tomorrow, background might take a bit longer ...
Aria
If Jayde fancies covering the magic angle and we can persuade Ericen to bring his rigger Haze along too then we have the makings of a balanced team! Of course we can muddle along without a mage if Jayde wants a change from Rodeo (or anther mage type...)
8-bit
Here's the character sheet - Edited because creating a different character instead.

Still working on background of both the character and his contacts.
RdMarquis
That comment on hackers was actually meant to imply that I'd continue playing LeFey in this storyline. ^_^; But I do have a mage or mystic adept build in the works if we need magical coverage.
8-bit
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Oct 23 2014, 05:41 PM) *
That comment on hackers was actually meant to imply that I'd continue playing LeFey in this storyline. ^_^; But I do have a mage or mystic adept build in the works if we need magical coverage.

Ah, I had already had one in mind before your comment. If you want to play LeFey, I can quite easily switch to another build that I'm eager to try out.
adamu
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Oct 23 2014, 10:41 PM) *

It would definitely be cool if you played LeFey, though.
More continuity with the team/run.

Vegas
I'd bring Ali on again if you'd have her. biggrin.gif
adamu
QUOTE (Vegas @ Oct 23 2014, 11:11 PM) *

Another enthusiastic yes to that one as well.
8-bit
I'll make another character, don't worry. I think it would be best if we kept as much of the original team as possible if everyone wants to continue playing them.
RdMarquis
Only if you're sure. The Awakened runner I had in mind is actually part of the continuity, in a way. He's LeFey's brother and (sort of) mentor.
8-bit
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Oct 23 2014, 11:05 PM) *
Only if you're sure. The Awakened runner I had in mind is actually part of the continuity, in a way. He's LeFey's brother and (sort of) mentor.

I've made probably 50 characters in the past 3 months because I enjoy doing it. Trust me, it's no big deal. If you want to run with LeFey, that's fine by me. If you want to try something new, also not a problem.
RdMarquis
Cool. I'll stick with LeFey, then.

And frankly, I'd probably be the same way with characters if I didn't end up agonizing over the small details each time. ^_^;
Aria
QUOTE (Vegas @ Oct 23 2014, 11:11 PM) *

Without a shadow of a doubt!
Jayde Moon
I'll bring Rodeo along for the ride. I had another concept, but I just found the official catalyst guy in my area and put that character to use in the actual Shadowrun Missions. I'm pretty excited about that!

I also like how Rodeo is turning out, even though I just started. Originally she was going to be a Mystic Adept Decker (essence loss for just the DNI would keep her from losing too much mojo), which is viable to start but gets karmically expensive to maintain! Then I decided that what we really needed was some astral projection ability, so I dropped the Adept part...

Anyway, she'll be on board.

Man, I have a lot of work to do...
8-bit
I'm working on an Infiltration Adept, I'll try to get backstory and character sheet done soon.
8-bit
Character sheet done - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gDB...dit?usp=sharing

I'll try to get backstory and contacts more fleshed out; might take a few days, because this weekend is crazily busy for me.
Ericen
Sure Haze will join in. Having a lot of fun with him so far
Lusis
Well hell, I might as well come over here. What does the team need?
Aria
QUOTE (Lusis @ Oct 29 2014, 11:22 PM) *
Well hell, I might as well come over here. What does the team need?

Check out the start of the main OoC, all the current characters are listed there! Other than that, as you like!
TCArknight
Would there happen to be an open spot for this? I have a couple of concepts in mind, and could fill in any blanks being needed. smile.gif
Aria
QUOTE (TCArknight @ Dec 4 2014, 03:48 AM) *
Would there happen to be an open spot for this? I have a couple of concepts in mind, and could fill in any blanks being needed. smile.gif

Can always accommodate more. Don't worry about 'filling blanks' just post up the character you'd like to play and join the IC/OoC meeting!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012