Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nothing's Free in the Free Zone (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
Lobo0705
So here is the OOC thread smile.gif

Some notes:

Here is where you communicate any OOC questions - if you feel like you want to keep the question secret from your fellow players, you can of course PM me.

When you post:

Anything spoken out loud should be in quotations and "cyan"
Anything communicated via commlink should be in side << >> and <<yellow>>
Anything you are thinking should be in italics and dark khaki

In addition to the dropbox, I'd like your first post to this thread to include your character, not only for easy reference but also to signify that you are ready to begin the adventure. Please also make sure that you can access the dropbox. If you cannot, please let me know, and we can address that.

A note on Perception tests - I will tend to PM you your results of Perception tests. I think this makes it more interesting, as it allows each player to share as much or as little of what they have learned to their teammates.

The IC thread will be up soon - please do not post in it until all 4 players have posted their characters into this thread.

I will be sending out "newsflashes" in game. These will be posted both IC and in the dropbox. Fair warning, in these newsflashes there will be some information that is completely false, some that are true but have no impact on the game, some that are germane to the adventure at hand, and some that will be used to set up future adventures. It is up to you as a group to determine which is which - don't automatically assume that something is important because I put it in the newsflash, but don't automatically disregard it either devil.gif

Rigger rules all in one spot.
[ Spoiler ]

Matrix House rules
[ Spoiler ]

Repairing Drones

[ Spoiler ]

Healing:

[ Spoiler ]

Barriers

[ Spoiler ]

Fencing Gear
[ Spoiler ]

Notoriety
[ Spoiler ]
Jack VII
Jack

Name: Javier Ramirez
Race: Ork

[ Spoiler ]

Gear in the CAS (Not all necessarily on his person, some in Mr. T)
[ Spoiler ]
DrZaius
Henry "Grease" Kemble
Metatype: Elf

Priorities
[ Spoiler ]

Attributes & Combat Pools
[ Spoiler ]

Qualities
[ Spoiler ]

Skills & Languages
[ Spoiler ]

Augmentations
[ Spoiler ]

Gear (Name, Rating, Cost, Notes)
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]

Description
[ Spoiler ]

Aliases
[ Spoiler ]
Chrome Head
Snap

Street names: Snap, Amy (she's been known only as Amy until recently)
Archetype: Street Shaman/mystic adept

Background
[ Spoiler ]

Character Sheet
[ Spoiler ]
Melpomene
Name: Katherine Vaughn
Alias(es): Melpomene, Mel
Archetype: Decker

Race: Human
Sex: Female
Height: 1.57m (5'2")
Weight: 48kg (106 lb)

A Picture
(only with blue hair, and fewer piercings)

Starting Nuyen: 5,495

Character Sheet
[ Spoiler ]

Gear
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts
[ Spoiler ]

Character Background

[ Spoiler ]
Lobo0705
IC thread is up smile.gif

I'll be posting intro's for Grease, Mel, and Snap over the next hour or two.
Jack VII
Whoop-whoop!

Do you want me to wait to reply until you get the intros set?

Oh, not that it matters, but I imagined the datajack as a temple datajack rather than base of the neck. I seem to remember some fluff from old editions about datajacks being located near the temple to access that area of the brain and VCRs being installed at the base of the neck to get closer to the middle/lower brain functions with which the VCR was more concerned. It doesn't really matter, particularly since you can get datajacks pretty much installed anywhere on you, LOL.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Nov 10 2014, 12:08 PM) *
Whoop-whoop!

Do you want me to wait to reply until you get the intros set?

Oh, not that it matters, but I imagined the datajack as a temple datajack rather than base of the neck. I seem to remember some fluff from old editions about datajacks being located near the temple to access that area of the brain and VCRs being installed at the base of the neck to get closer to the middle/lower brain functions with which the VCR was more concerned. It doesn't really matter, particularly since you can get datajacks pretty much installed anywhere on you, LOL.

You can go ahead and respond - I was actually going to ask about the datajack - I'll adjust my IC post accordingly smile.gif
Jack VII
<cough> September 11th? Actually, did that even happen in the SR timeline? I mean, it obviously didn't in earlier editions, but does anyone know if it was retconned in? I guess I could check Stolen Souls, I'm sure something would be mentioned in there since it covers Manhattan.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Nov 10 2014, 12:28 PM) *
<cough> September 11th? Actually, did that even happen in the SR timeline? I mean, it obviously didn't in earlier editions, but does anyone know if it was retconned in? I guess I could check Stolen Souls, I'm sure something would be mentioned in there since it covers Manhattan.

I don't believe it was ever put in. In 2005 (per Stolen Souls) there was a huge earthquake that leveled most of Manhattan.

ETA - Rolled for Mel's test to avoid slotting the Trip Chip

I believe this is psychological, and not physical:

10d6.hits(5)=3

She passes smile.gif Good to know that you wont start both runs with someone high at the meeting smile.gif
DrZaius
I'm going to be out of pocket for the remainder of the afternoon; I'll try to check in near the end of the workday.

@Lobo: If you wanted to have Grease post a, "Great- see you then" in respond to Chapel telling him the time, that'd be fine by me cyber.gif

Thanks,
-DrZ
Lobo0705
@Grease,

No problem - done smile.gif

@Mel,

So you know, the way we keep track of equipment you are carrying is easy. When you write your first post IC in a new environment, just put your equipment you are carrying on you in a spoiler box at the end of your post.

It is still great to describe it IC the way you did, but you don't want to have to list EVERYTHING you are carrying, so it is easy to cut and paste into a spoiler tag for your first post at McCormicks smile.gif
Melpomene
@Lobo

Okay, I'll definitely remember that for next time.

Also, I attempted to register for Invisible Castle, and have not gotten a confirm...I did this yesterday...has anyone had problems with them before?
Jack VII
QUOTE (Melpomene @ Nov 10 2014, 01:39 PM) *
Also, I attempted to register for Invisible Castle, and have not gotten a confirm...I did this yesterday...has anyone had problems with them before?

I think some people are still waiting for the confirmation message from when we started the first thread, LOL.

Shouldn't be a big deal, Lobo pretty much rolls everything to keep the tempo moving.
Melpomene
Oy! Okay, I won't worry about it. smile.gif Thanks!
Lobo0705
Next issue of the Tribune is up smile.gif

@Mel - as Jack said, don't worry about Invisible Castle.

@Jack - can you update the Ammo counter to include Mel's ammo?
Jack VII
Yeah, I'll take care of it.

Speaking of, does Mel have access to the Dropbox?

@Mel: I'm going to PM you a link to the map we're using. We'll need to figure out where Tempus Fugit is in the Warrens.

ETA: Poor Tayvon Charles, I was hoping that would be a fun run for us.
Lobo0705
He does have access to the dropbox, and yes:

@Mel,

As you know, the Warrens is in different zones of control. Do you picture Tempus Fugit as in Yak territory, Front's territory, some unaligned gang territory, or Vory territory?

If you could also post a description of the bar, then we can choose a location and Jack can add it to the map.

(Thanks in advance Jack smile.gif)
Melpomene
As Lobo said, I do have access to Dropbox, but for some stupid reason I can't access Dropbox's servers from my work comp...only home.

As for Tempus Fugit, I imagine it's probably in either in Front or another unaligned gang's turf.

As for a description:

Tempus Fugit is a club and bar that looks from the outside like a dilapidated warehouse. The inside is actually fairly clean and the acoustics are quality. It has a main floor, with a stage and a DJ booth, two main bars off the floor, and two staircases at the main doors that lead up to a mezzanine with seating and two more bars. The place is very popular for underground music...many people have never heard of this place, and a lot of its patrons are fine with that.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Melpomene @ Nov 10 2014, 02:24 PM) *
As Lobo said, I do have access to Dropbox, but for some stupid reason I can't access Dropbox's servers from my work comp...only home.

At work, I can only access it through the DB website, which means I have to download everything and upload it back to save changes, rather than being able to open it within the server. PITA

@Lobo: Just give me an address and I'll drop a pin. Also, the resource tracker is up to date.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Nov 10 2014, 03:31 PM) *
At work, I can only access it through the DB website, which means I have to download everything and upload it back to save changes, rather than being able to open it within the server. PITA

@Lobo: Just give me an address and I'll drop a pin. Also, the resource tracker is up to date.

Corner of E. Mexico and S. Naples - that puts it squarely in Front's territory.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 10 2014, 03:04 PM) *
Corner of E. Mexico and S. Naples - that puts it squarely in Front's territory.

I'm not actually seeing those two intersecting on the map. It looks like S. Naples dead ends on either side? It looks like it intersects with Norfolk though. Dropping the pin in the vicinity, should work either way.

Right down the street from Horseshoe Park!
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Nov 10 2014, 04:16 PM) *
I'm not actually seeing those two intersecting on the map. It looks like S. Naples dead ends on either side? It looks like it intersects with Norfolk though. Dropping the pin in the vicinity, should work either way.

Sorry - you are correct - actually, that works out better - it will be located in the cul-de-sac at the end of S. Naples smile.gif

Mel was probably too engrossed in her music to hear the gunfire...
Lobo0705
So, just a further note, let's wait until Chrome chimes in before we actually get to the meet, then based on who arrives first I'll put up the transition scene, and each of you can then arrive.

Jack is arriving around 5:40. Dr. Z and Mel, what time did you want to get there?

Also, Mel, you'll have to figure out whether you call Mile High or Amendola's Taxi (you can check them out in the drop box on the Locations file) - their price per km is in the Cost of Living document.

you'll have to drive about 5 km in the Warrens and then about 15 more - so it would be 65 nuyen.gif with Mile High and 40 nuyen.gif with Amendola.

@Amy - you are looking at about the same distance out of the Warrens but then an additional 25 km - so either 75 or 50 nuyen.gif
Jack VII
How much is my ride? I think I'm closer to Amy than anyone else now.
DrZaius
Grease would arrive ~5 minutes early. He'd send a fly-spy to scout ahead 30 minutes to see who all was arriving, and if he recognized anyone.

-DrZ
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Nov 10 2014, 05:05 PM) *
How much is my ride? I think I'm closer to Amy than anyone else now.

Yours would be about another 1 km in the Warrens - so 55 nuyen.gif since you went with Amendola.
Melpomene
@Lobo: Amendola is fine for Mel. She'll pay the $40.

Mel will try to arrive about 5-10 minutes early.
Jack VII
Resource Tracker updated, just need to know Amy's option.
Melpomene
@Lobo: Without a doubt, Mel would have heard the gunfire (please...). She also knows that this is a tough neighborhood, and shit happens. smile.gif
Chrome Head
Sorry for the delay, had a busy day yesterday and I didn't realize that things were starting.

So to get there Amy could hop along with Jack if he wants and we can split the bill. She'd contact him to check with him if he's been invited to the same party. If she gets to call the cab, she'll ask Turbine to be available at the right time.
Jack VII
If Lobo is okay with it, I'm okay with it. I could cancel my taxi ride and go with you in a Mile High cab.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Nov 11 2014, 01:02 PM) *
Sorry for the delay, had a busy day yesterday and I didn't realize that things were starting.

So to get there Amy could hop along with Jack if he wants and we can split the bill. She'd contact him to check with him if he's been invited to the same party. If she gets to call the cab, she'll ask Turbine to be available at the right time.

No worries smile.gif

Is Snap wearing any Armor, or just normal clothing?

If Jack is ok with that, I have no problem with you splitting the bill - Jack, if that is ok with you, I'll post the transition scene with Jack and Snap arriving at McCormick's at 5:40 (under the watchful eye of Grease's Fly Spy) and then Grease and Mel can post their own entrances when they arrive at about 5:55.
Jack VII
Rather than trying to do the math and pull up the map, can I say it's 40 nuyen.gif each for splitting the Mile High ride?

I'll update the tracker tonight when I have direct access to the folders.
Lobo0705
Now that I think about it - do you want to work that out IC, or do you want me to do it - I don't want to take away your chance to RP, especially as it is possible that you haven't seen one another in a month.

Why don't you guys RP that out (you can include the taxi ride over - Turbine is just starting his shift, so you can get him if you want) - let me know when you want me to bring you guys into McCormicks.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Nov 11 2014, 01:13 PM) *
Rather than trying to do the math and pull up the map, can I say it's 40 nuyen.gif each for splitting the Mile High ride?

That is perfectly acceptable.
Jack VII
I'm about to head over for lunch IRL. If Chrome wants to edit the post to include a message to Jack about sharing a ride, we can RP and work that out. I'll be back in about 30-45 minutes.

ETA: I'm back. I can post a response post as if Amy had messaged me and get it to the point of picking us up and putting us in the taxi on the way to McCormick's. Then Chrome can just edit Amy's initial post to include messaging Jack and respond to my post when he gets on. Thoughts?
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Nov 11 2014, 01:14 PM) *
I'm about to head over for lunch IRL. If Chrome wants to edit the post to include a message to Jack about sharing a ride, we can RP and work that out. I'll be back in about 30-45 minutes.

ETA: I'm back. I can post a response post as if Amy had messaged me and get it to the point of picking us up and putting us in the taxi on the way to McCormick's. Then Chrome can just edit Amy's initial post to include messaging Jack and respond to my post when he gets on. Thoughts?

That works for me smile.gif
DrZaius
Do you need a gear list from me, or would you like me to post my arrival at McCormick's? Just let me know if you're waiting on a post from me cyber.gif

-DrZ

ETA: Y'all need to get yourself a car!
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Nov 11 2014, 04:18 PM) *

Isn't that why we have you? Other than to provide additional targets for people to shoot at, of course? biggrin.gif
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Nov 11 2014, 05:18 PM) *
Do you need a gear list from me, or would you like me to post my arrival at McCormick's? Just let me know if you're waiting on a post from me cyber.gif

-DrZ

Right now we are waiting on Chrome to respond to Jack, and see the RP between the two characters who haven't seen each other in a month. Once that happens (or if Chrome and Jack decide they don't want to do that), then I'll post their arrival at McCormick's, and then you and Mel can post your arrival (with your gear lists).

As far as the car - as Jack said, that is what you are for, apart from Vampire Intervention should one be needed wink.gif
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 11 2014, 04:28 PM) *
As far as the car - as Jack said, that is what you are for, apart from Vampire Intervention should one be needed wink.gif

That's true, I did fail to consider the contributions of Grease van Helsing.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 11 2014, 01:10 PM) *
No worries smile.gif

Is Snap wearing any Armor, or just normal clothing?

If Jack is ok with that, I have no problem with you splitting the bill - Jack, if that is ok with you, I'll post the transition scene with Jack and Snap arriving at McCormick's at 5:40 (under the watchful eye of Grease's Fly Spy) and then Grease and Mel can post their own entrances when they arrive at about 5:55.

Oh yeah, my bad, she'll put on the armor vest under a light leather jacket.
Jack VII
I'm ready to move on to the meet if Amy is.
Chrome Head
Of course! We're just catching up doing small talk smile.gif
DrZaius
Sorry, got distracted today. Didn't mean to rush anyone!

@Lobo: how much would silver bullets cost? Or maybe a crossbow that shot stakes..
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Nov 11 2014, 09:56 PM) *
Sorry, got distracted today. Didn't mean to rush anyone!

@Lobo: how much would silver bullets cost? Or maybe a crossbow that shot stakes..

Apparently, silver bullets can be found for about $20 per bullet

Normal 45 caliber ammo is about 30-40 cents per bullet, so silver bullets would be about 66 times more expensive, so in SR, that means that the base cost of a bullet is 2 nuyen.gif then a silver bullet would be about 132 nuyen.gif - with cost of living that is 165 nuyen.gif each. Although if you ask Chapel he can get it to you for about 152 nuyen.gif each - a real bargain!
Lobo0705
@Grease and Mel,

You can go ahead and post your arrival - Jack and Chrome you can post as well, we can keep this pretty free flowing until Chapel gets down to brass tacks.

Just so it is out there, today (i.e. 9/11/75) is a Friday.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 11 2014, 09:46 PM) *
Just so it is out there, today (i.e. 9/11/75) is a Friday.

The Day of the Week Calculator says its a Wednesday. nyahnyah.gif (Also means it's a Friday the 13th month). I don't care, just poking fun.
Lobo0705
Ok - I'm going to wait to hear back from each of you before I post any more from Chapel.

In addition, just to be perfectly clear, he means 50,000 total per item, so you are looking at a maximum payout of 100,000, split four ways, or 25,000 each.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012