Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nothing's Free in the Free Zone (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jun 10 2015, 03:22 PM) *
Considering the challenges we had getting into the CAS, I'm not sure if any of us would think the CAS would be part of her area of operations. The only time we've run into her or her people was in the UCAS sector. But I'm sure if Huiquing doesn't really think he knows anyone, we could try to reach out to the two fixers we met on this side.

Understandable - I sort of picture it like this. You guys (your characters obviously) are all relatively new to the Shadowrunning biz, but grizzled veterans would have fake SINs capable of handling zone crossings, along with caches of weapons and equipment to avoid having to smuggle stuff from place to place.

Valkyrie is also an exception in that she has a legitimate business "Valkyrie Industries" which means that she could obtain legal means of crossing the border.

That being said, usually it is much cheaper to stay in-zone than to go looking outside of it, but it can be done in a pinch.
Melpomene
I never got a chance to ask, but Mel is really keen on fixing the rest of the Matrix Damage done to her deck. I know there's a 30 minute jump of "driving around". Would it be possible to see how much (if any) can be repaired in that span?

If you don't want to go that route, I have no problem starting the repairs now (i.e., as soon as I post IC).
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Melpomene @ Jun 10 2015, 08:48 PM) *
I never got a chance to ask, but Mel is really keen on fixing the rest of the Matrix Damage done to her deck. I know there's a 30 minute jump of "driving around". Would it be possible to see how much (if any) can be repaired in that span?

If you don't want to go that route, I have no problem starting the repairs now (i.e., as soon as I post IC).

Sure - no problem at all:

So, you've already fixed 5 boxes out of the 11 boxes you had taken.

Sisco is driving, so I'm assuming he isn't helping you with the task, so you roll 8 dice (you lose one die since this is the 2nd test of the extended task)

8d6: 26 [8d6=4, 3, 1, 5, 2, 4, 5, 2]

So 2 hits, which means in that half hour you heal 1 more box (or you can be busy for an hour, and heal two boxes).
Melpomene
Let's just do the one box in 30 minutes.
Jack VII
What are we looking at?

I'm not sure I follow. Is she asking for a threat profile or something? Or how many people we need?
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jun 15 2015, 11:55 AM) *
I'm not sure I follow. Is she asking for a threat profile or something? Or how many people we need?

I'm sorry - that probably could have been clearer smile.gif

She is mostly looking at protection - i.e. do you need just a glorified gopher to keep his needs met, or do you want something more substantial in the way of protection, and if more substantial, how much more. Magical needs, matrix needs, if any, etc.

Lobo0705
I believe Jack is speaking to Sisco, Mel and Snap, rather than Huiquing, right?

Feel free to plan OOC or IC.
Chrome Head
I forget, does Amy have a spirit summoned right now? It wouldn't be hard to send a spirit check it out.
Jack VII
Oops. I just remembered that none of us have SINs w/visas for the area (short of Sisco who has an actual SIN for the area). A public, but probably somewhat secure, area like the zoo may not be a great place to try to set up a meeting for all of us.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jun 17 2015, 11:11 AM) *
Oops. I just remembered that none of us have SINs w/visas for the area (short of Sisco who has an actual SIN for the area). A public, but probably somewhat secure, area like the zoo may not be a great place to try to set up a meeting for all of us.

True - although Sisco or Huiquing can buy all the tickets. You'd just have to worry about someone asking for your id at some point.
PraetorGradivus
In a place like the zoo, with all the children etc, security is going to find it suspicious that you aren't broadcasting your SIN.
Doesn't mean you'll get arrested.
But ticket or not, they'll probably check and when you don't have one, they'll kick you out for be a transient.
Lobo0705
Just a gentle nudge, what is the next move? smile.gif
Jack VII
Not so worried about the transient part as about the illegal alien bit. I guess I'll post something IC to try to move us along.
Jack VII
I'm thinking the Pioneer 60 from Run & Gun would be perfect for an ersatz sniper rifle. Cheap (500 nuyen) and plentiful (Availability 2R).
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jun 23 2015, 02:59 PM) *
I'm thinking the Pioneer 60 from Run & Gun would be perfect for an ersatz sniper rifle. Cheap (500 nuyen) and plentiful (Availability 2R).

The Pioneer is perfect - produced in the CAS, so should be readily available in the CAS Zone (would have been problematic to get if you were in the PCC or the Sioux territory though wink.gif)

So - what do you guys need from me?

Figure you need to acquire the gun and the ammo (there is a good chance Stone will have one on hand) - and then head back to the bottling plant.

You will have the advantage of setting up any type of security you wish (within reason).
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jun 23 2015, 03:19 PM) *
The Pioneer is perfect - produced in the CAS, so should be readily available in the CAS Zone

Yeah, I was a little despondent looking through Gun Haven and not finding anything really suitable under a grand. Then the last one in R&G was pretty much the archetype for cheap CAS hunting rifles. Yay!

QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jun 23 2015, 03:19 PM) *
Figure you need to acquire the gun and the ammo (there is a good chance Stone will have one on hand) - and then head back to the bottling plant.

I think we probably want to drop Bai off wherever he needs to go while we're out getting the rifle and before we set up the meeting. I think Sisco is the only one who can use it, but I think it would be valuable to have a sniper set up in the rafters at the plant.

We can send Huiquing's dude a message once we have everything put together at the plant. Mel covers the Matrix and maybe hangs out in the office as backup, Sisco in the rafters, Jack and Snap providing bodyguard duty to Huiquing. Snap is insanely fast and almost can't be surprised, so she's a no-brainer. Jack can catch bullets.
Lobo0705
Ok, so the following needs to be done IC:

1) Tara has to call you back and give you the location of the drop.
2) You need to contact Stone to order and then pick up the gear.
3) You need to make the call to Huiquing's contact and arrange the meet.
4) You need to have everything set up.

Something to think about - what time do you want to have the meeting for? It's 12:30 now, assuming no difficulties with the rifle and the drop off, you are probably looking at getting to the plant at around lets say 4:00 PM.
Jack VII
I updated my IC post to try to address some of that, let's get planning!

ETA: Oh, LOL. I just noticed that Sisco has Loss of Confidence: Longarms as an NQ.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jun 23 2015, 05:26 PM) *
I updated my IC post to try to address some of that, let's get planning!

ETA: Oh, LOL. I just noticed that Sisco has Loss of Confidence: Longarms as an NQ.

Lol - yeah, that is a sort of important part of his background too smile.gif

"For 7 years he worked for Phelps, until the day where John’s life changed. He was working overwatch on a wetwork assignment, covering a team that was to go in and “neutralize” a Golden Triangle lieutenant. Things went pear-shaped, and he got the call that the target was coming out hot. He caught a glimpse of movement and put two shots downrange, but his aim was off by a couple of inches. The first bullet hit the target center mass, but the second shot clipped the target’s arm and slammed into his 8 year old son standing behind him. Haunted by the specter of the child he had inadvertently killed, John left the DDI and went into business for himself."
Jack VII
Whelp, this should be interesting. Better make sure Bai is far away, LOL.
Jack VII
FYI: Leaving for vacation tomorrow. I'll probably have internet access, but don't plan on updating any games. Feel free to NPC Jack!
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jun 27 2015, 01:03 PM) *
FYI: Leaving for vacation tomorrow. I'll probably have internet access, but don't plan on updating any games. Feel free to NPC Jack!

Have fun on vacation!!! - just out of curiosity, when will you be back?
Jack VII
Probably back to posting on Monday, July 6th.
Chrome Head
I'll be out July 2-5 too.
Lobo0705
Good morning all - Chrome Flesh is in the dropbox.

Jack and Chrome should be back from vacation. (Hope you both had a great time smile.gif)

I've not had Sisco's contact respond yet, as there would probably be a slight delay - anything you gentlemen need to resolve in character before I do?
Jack VII
Back, had a great time. I'll need to catch up on work today, but may be able to post tonight. I need to catch up on where we're at with the game first.
PraetorGradivus
Hope everyone's 4th mini-vacation went well...

I want modular cyberlimbs...just saying.
PraetorGradivus
Hope everyone's 4th mini-vacation went well...

I want modular cyberlimbs...just saying.
Chrome Head
Hey guys. Hope your summer is going well.
Melpomene
Ready to go!
Lobo0705
Ok then - we are all back - let's kick this into gear smile.gif

I'm going to give it til tomorrow for people to post, but then I'm going to push it forward to the team getting the dropoff location for Bai, and pushing you forward to that.

PG, I'm leaving it to you to send whatever request you want to Stone, but just try and post it today or tomorrow at the latest.

Any other precautions or plans you guys want to take, by all means post them.

Jack VII
Do we have enough cash for all of that? Jack is dipping really hard into his own personal funds just to take care of Bai's safehouse. If we have to cut anything, I would say the assault rifle and just put the Dobie at ground level with an SMG behind cover.

Also, I would swap out half the flashbangs for thermo smoke grenades.
PraetorGradivus
I had planned on paying for the assault rifle myself.... i figured we might need a little better range than the SMG
Lobo0705
Ok, so we have:

Stone's 5 rolls, in order:

14d6.hits(5)=3, 14d6.hits(5)=5, 14d6.hits(5)=4, 14d6.hits(5)=2, 14d6.hits(5)=1

And then the equipment:

50 Rounds S&S for the SMG 6d6.hits(5)=0
AK 97 4d6.hits(5)=0
80 rounds APDS for AR 12d6.hits(5)=2
8 Flash Bangs (or 4 and 4 thermal smoke) 6d6.hits(5)=3
4 Flash Paks 4d6.hits(5)=2

So, he is going to have the S&S on hand, as well as the AK, and the APDS is going to take a day to get his hands on, and he'll be on the look out for the flashbangs and flaskpaks (but he won't find them until he gets to roll again).

To get explosive instead
14d6.hits(5)=5

The ammo:
9d6.hits(5)=3

He'll have that in a couple of hours.

Sorry - forgot the miniwelder and 3 cannisters:
His roll
14d6.hits(5)=5

The equipment
2d6.hits(5)=1

So he'll have that on hand as well.

I'll get an IC post of all that up in the next hour or so, but you can start planning accordingly (oh, and yes, you can have your Doberman back wink.gif)

ETA - prices would be good, though, right?

50 Rounds S&S for the SMG - 280 nuyen.gif
AK 97 855 nuyen.gif
80 rounds Explosive for AR 448 nuyen.gif (gotta love the CAS)
Miniwelder & 3 containers 490 nuyen.gif

Total is 2073 nuyen.gif
Jack VII
@Lobo: WRT the Miniwelder, do we recall if any of the entrances could be sealed with it? I don't think we need to blow the money on the welder if we wouldn't get any use out of it.

Smoke grenades aren't listed above, but Jack had mentioned them. With the Flash-Bangs and Flash Packs out of the question, we probably should shoot for some regular and thermal smoke grenades.

ETA: Never mind, I see thermal smoke was part of the Flash-bang roll (surprised they have the same availability). Can we check for regular smoke grenades then? They have an availability of 4. It might help...
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jul 10 2015, 09:09 AM) *
@Lobo: WRT the Miniwelder, do we recall if any of the entrances could be sealed with it? I don't think we need to blow the money on the welder if we wouldn't get any use out of it.

Smoke grenades aren't listed above, but Jack had mentioned them. With the Flash-Bangs and Flash Packs out of the question, we probably should shoot for some regular and thermal smoke grenades.

ETA: Never mind, I see thermal smoke was part of the Flash-bang roll (surprised they have the same availability). Can we check for regular smoke grenades then? They have an availability of 4. It might help...

Yes - most of the entrances are metal fire doors that you could use the miniwelder to seal shut.

Stone rolling for Smoke grenades
14d6.hits(5)=3

And they resist
4d6.hits(5)=1

So, if you want 2 of them, he'll have them on hand. Any more than that and it will be 12 hours.
Jack VII
I think we're shooting for sooner rather than later. I think we should get them.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jul 10 2015, 11:06 AM) *
I think we're shooting for sooner rather than later. I think we should get them.

Ok - if the group is cool with that, I'll add them in, 90 nuyen.gif more
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jul 10 2015, 10:37 AM) *
Ok - if the group is cool with that, I'll add them in, 90 nuyen.gif more

Haha let's not argue over 90 nuyen smile.gif

So what's our setup gonna be like for when we wait for the potential traitor to come in and for when he's there?

For Snap I was thinking that higher ground would be good. Her (combat) spells have the range of how far she can see but little else, and astral sight will be important. And she can easily come down to the meeting once it's safe to do so, and cast Analyze truth only when needed. She'll also have a spirit on hand to continue with surveillance while she's away, i.e. taking part in the meeting.

What is the best position in the building, with a good point of view? A bird's nest with 360 view would be ideal but probably not available to us.
Lobo0705
Updated the IC thread to include the 2 smoke grenades as part of the purchase smile.gif

It might be useful to go back here:

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...0815&st=400

for when you first arrived there, this is where I've described what the place looks like smile.gif

I will of course answer any other questions you may have.

Does anyone object to pushing the time forward to where Tara contacts Jack for the location of the drop off for Bai?
Jack VII
Isn't there something of a map of the facility in the dropbox? I think it only laid out ground level. But a bottling plant is going to have a large open floor with high ceilings.

I don't have an issue with moving forward to Tara. How much time will it be? Probably want to say that we spend the time working on our planning and setup if enough time is allowed.

ETA: Oops, OK, it's actually a photo of what it's probably supposed to look like if you add several decades of grime and gross to it. We could probably rig something for Snap hang out in the rafters. Not sure what that would do to her mobility though, as far as getting shot at.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jul 10 2015, 12:12 PM) *
Isn't there something of a map of the facility in the dropbox? I think it only laid out ground level. But a bottling plant is going to have a large open floor with high ceilings.

I don't have an issue with moving forward to Tara. How much time will it be? Probably want to say that we spend the time working on our planning and setup if enough time is allowed.

ETA: Oops, OK, it's actually a photo of what it's probably supposed to look like if you add several decades of grime and gross to it. We could probably rig something for Snap hang out in the rafters. Not sure what that would do to her mobility though, as far as getting shot at.

Correct - it is a photo (much easier to show you than describe it sometimes smile.gif

Tara said she would get back to you in an hour, so it would be an hour time jump.
Jack VII
Are we still at the zoo or did we move over the course of the hour? I figured we might have headed back to the bottling plant to get a better look and figure out what we wanted to do.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jul 10 2015, 02:39 PM) *
Are we still at the zoo or did we move over the course of the hour? I figured we might have headed back to the bottling plant to get a better look and figure out what we wanted to do.

I have no problem with you going to the bottling plant in that time - you'd have at least 30 minutes to check it out before Tara's message came in.
Jack VII
I'll take a look at the money spreadsheet this evening. No reason for Sisco to pay for everything out of his pocket. We have an advance.
PraetorGradivus
I payed for everything up front as it's easier plus the bulk of it is mine anyway... it's really only the miniwelder and the smoke grenades that needs to come out of the group fund since there were no flash bangs or packs and you guys didn't request ammo.
Jack VII
We'll just deduct the stuff accordingly on the spreadsheets. Should have it done tomorrow.
PraetorGradivus
Am I the only one sad that Wakshanni forgot encephelon augmentation?
Lobo0705
Who is going in, and who is staying in Mr. T?
Jack VII
Jack's going in for sure. His meet, his risk.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012