Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Toronto search... again.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
pbangarth
OK, close to 10,000,000 people live within an hour's drive of my place. The third largest public transit system in North America (after Mexico City and New York City). The most culturally diverse city in the world according to the U.N. Five or six universities in that driving range. Is it too much to ask to find enough people for one face-to-face campaign of Shadowrun?

Share GM duties?

I have lots of resources up to SR4A, which is my preferred system right now. No SR5 materials, bit if someone else is willing to GM, I am willing to learn.

I have Crossfire as well.
Jame J
This is probably no help but I'm having the exact same issue in north-of-Boston in Massachusetts.
It feels like no one's looking to play SR, which is odd since SR's supposedly one of the most popular games that isn't d20.
pbangarth
Hey, misery loves company, man.

Oooohhhhh.. title for a misssion:

Misery loves the Company Man.
Ryu
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=13418.0

I´m only bored because I´m not doing what I´m supposed to do. Starting now... really. STOP WATCHING ME! *runs*
pbangarth
Thanks!
Ryu
Your welcome. Good luck!
Ryu
Apparently you are like that "CanRay" persona. If you ever haul your ass over here, you get to play if you want. Still: frown.gif
pbangarth
OK, so it currently appears as if I am the oldest member on Dumpshock.

So here's your chance, people! Come play with the oldest Dumpshocker in the world!!

Yeah? Yeah? How can you turn that down??
Major Doom
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Nov 14 2014, 01:48 PM) *
The third largest public transit system in North America (after Mexico City and New York City). The most culturally diverse city in the world according to the U.N. Five or six universities in that driving range. Is it too much to ask to find enough people for one face-to-face campaign of Shadowrun?

I am in NYC and I have a tough time finding players or someone running a game. I think right now Pathfinder and the new D&D have much more appeal for people. Shadowrun has always been a niche game anyway.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Major Doom @ Jun 18 2015, 08:47 AM) *
I am in NYC and I have a tough time finding players or someone running a game. I think right now Pathfinder and the new D&D have much more appeal for people. Shadowrun has always been a niche game anyway.

There was a study done a few years ago that showed Shadowrun in the top five for number of players. Things may have changed.
pbangarth
Resurrecting this call out. Old guy still looking for players.

Come play, and after a few beers I'll tell you about the time in 1993 I was arrested in Peru on suspicion of being a terrorist.
pbangarth
sonar signal in the Toronto ether:

quishhhh .... quishhhh .... quishhhh ....
pbangarth
So! Entering stage 3! We could all sit six feet apart from each other ... but in the same room! Face shields are cheap, and could be used for HUD!

Waddaya think?
SirRunOn
Hope I'm doing this right.

You're looking only for pen and paper tabletop in the flesh games right Mr. Phangarth?
pbangarth
Yes, that is what this thread is about. I'm in three PbP games here on DS. I just marvel that the fourth largest city in North America, (Mexico City, New York, Los Angeles, Toronto) seems to have so little interest in Shadowrun. Especially since a recent product focuses on this city.
Koekepan
If I were anywhere near there, I'd invite you in but ...

But alas.

Instead I'm sitting in my corner, dreaming up fresh insanities lest I grow stale.
pbangarth
And visiting those insanities on the rest of us. biggrin.gif
SirRunOn
Oh, is talking to each other over discord with a dice roller bot around considered PbP?

I'm still working out how these things are named.

We're a little too far away for a commute... something like six hours.
pbangarth
I guess that would be somewhere in between. I started this thread years before COVID isolated us all.

Discord does sound interesting. But alas, DS is my online home. My wife already says I spend too much time in front of the computer.
pbangarth
Hey, all. Moved to Orangeville, an hour north of Toronto. Closer to anyone? Does it matter with VITAS coming after us all?
SirRunOn
Kind of going in the wrong direction.
pbangarth
QUOTE (SirRunOn @ Oct 13 2020, 07:53 PM) *
Kind of going in the wrong direction.

That could be the story of my life. frown.gif
pbangarth
Resurrection might be a D&D spell, but I cast it here.

I live within an hour and a half's drive of some 10 million+ people. Surely there are a few brave souls to take on the dystopian future we are building?

Very familiar with SR3 and SR4. Willing to learn the latest rendition.
pbangarth
Of course, it could be that most people have moved on to SR5/6, and don't hang out here among the grognards.

Huh.
NeoJudas
Grognards? You are old. ;p
pbangarth
QUOTE (NeoJudas @ Jul 6 2023, 12:19 AM) *
Grognards? You are old. ;p

I believe I am the oldest on DS.
Kagetenshi
Frag-O Delux claims to be older, but the listed age would have made him slightly more than 100 years old as of his last post in 2007, which isn’t totally out of the question but seems unlikely. Certainly I dug through about two-thirds of accounts with more than 1000 posts and you’re older than anyone else I found—and for all his talking up being an old man, Fortune is shockingly young.

~J
pbangarth
Wow. Science in the home. I just keep an eye on the birthday notices. I do recall seeing someone being something like 107 years old, but didn't believe it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012