Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Elaborate Hoax?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Paul
So I frequent a number of forums, and one is the TSS forum where I saw this.

This has to be one of the best hoaxes I have ever read, or one of the silliest things I have ever seen posted.
toturi
Maybe the guy lost his job or something to Rob and is trying to smear him.

Come on, we have seen better in Shadowtalk.
Paul
Hence my reply.

I just am flabbergasted as to what would make someone post this? I just don't get it, sorry.

I thought it was worth sharing, and making people aware that this is indeed a hoax or worse.
Jason Farlander
A similar thread was on RPG.net, as noted towards the end of this thread. After about 30 seconds of googling, I found a website for the Anarchist Black Cross Network, which lists a Robert Boyle as the US contact for the Anti-Repression Task Force.

Clearly, no two people could possibly have that same name, so you can probably also ignore the fact that this Robert Boyle is in New York.

As a note, insofar as no evidence has been cited to back up his case, I take issue with the "elaborate" label. This seems much more along the lines of a "simplistic" or "uninspired" hoax.
Panzergeist
The Link takes me to a thing that says "This topic does not exist."
Kanada Ten
Looks like Adam removed it. Can't say I blame him.
Connor
Did it basically say the same thing that the guy said on RPG.net then?

Sounds pretty lame to me. The guy obviously doesn't have much of a clue.

Conspiricy Theory: Did Adam take it down from the TSS forums because the crazy poster was on to something!!!???!!!???!!!??? (btw, that's a joke)
locomotiveman
I find this helpful, only because I had no idea the TSS had forums, do our sn and password work over there or do we have to sign up?
Adam
No; it uses different forum software, so you'll need to sign up for an account there.

I took the posts down because they were offtopic, plain and simple. smile.gif
Diesel
What was the gist of it? I feel left out. :\
TinkerGnome
Basicly, someone was posting about the fac that he'd run out of tinfoil to make new hats, and the government's mind control rays were fritzing out his homemade datajack. The primary conspirator in stealing his tin foil was a Fanpro employee who also happened to be an Anarchist organizer.

That's pretty much it, I think.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012