Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Talismonger’s Guide to Hunting and Gathering Reagents
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tyrhaynes
Shadowrun House rules

I think this could be pretty useful for anyone doing a campaign that deals heavily with Talismongers and talislegging. Monster hunts can be fun.
bannockburn
While I don't play SR5, this seems pretty useful in general.
However, one thing immediately popped out at me:
You demand that animals are killed with archery predominantly, everything else seems to reduce the quality.
I like the spirit behind it, but I'd think about spears, bolas, traps, fishing rods and so on.
Also, it could provide a bonus, or at least a reagent if the animal in question isn't killed, and, let's say only a bit of fur is harvested from a trapped one.
Trapping could be done with Survival skill tests, while anything else would obviously require combat type interactions.
Tyrhaynes
Treated/Cleansed archery or melee weapons. That bit is from Street Grimoire but I really like introducing trapping, bolas and fishing. I will add that. It also occurred to me that a smart talismonger with control in an area might want to leave the critter alive for next time. Thank you.
Sendaz
Critters with regeneration are especially good harvesting sources, though they often are either tough or cagey enough to problematic keeping.

Tyrhaynes
That is a very good point Sendaz!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012