Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is the corrected SR5 Core available in print yet?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Nawara
I've had the SR5 core in PDF form since release day, but been holding off on buying the dead tree for... oh, about two years now.

Anyway, does anyone know if the corrected printing has shipped yet? If so, is there any physical difference between it and the first two printings aside from the incorporated fixes?
binarywraith
No.

As of the last I knew, the second printing went to press without corrections, and a third printing has not been announced.
eidolon
My core book, purchased about two weeks ago from my FLGS, is the "Third Printing, Corrected."

I can't begin to tell you what is and isn't changed/corrected, because I was waiting until at least a 3rd to buy the book and I've not run or played 5th seriously yet (just a few QSR sessions).
SpellBinder
Take a look at the cost of technomancer submersion (page 257). If the cost is listed as "Each grade has a Karma cost equal to 10 x (Grade x 3) Karma." then I think it might be safe to say it isn't corrected, even though there is no errata (that I know of) to put this to be on par with the awakened.
Abschalten
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jul 22 2015, 08:01 PM) *
Take a look at the cost of technomancer submersion (page 257). If the cost is listed as "Each grade has a Karma cost equal to 10 x (Grade x 3) Karma." then I think it might be safe to say it isn't corrected, even though there is no errata (that I know of) to put this to be on par with the awakened.

Nah, given CGL's track record with technomancers, it's entirely possible those numbers are correct and as intended.
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Abschalten @ Jul 22 2015, 06:27 PM) *
Nah, given CGL's track record with technomancers, it's entirely possible those numbers are correct and as intended.
True, don't want entire parties of matrix gods now, do we? nyahnyah.gif sarcastic.gif
Prime Mover
Errata for core book, Run and Gun and Street Grimore is out. Spent this afternoon adding colored tabs to the relevant pages. About 4 pages of errata for each. The joys of using first printings.
eidolon
I mean, "corrected" doesn't mean "we found everything and nothing is wrong anymore." Merely that stuff changed between 2nd and 3rd printings.

I'll never expect a Catalyst book to be "fixed."
SpellBinder
QUOTE (eidolon @ Jul 27 2015, 07:44 PM) *
I'll never expect a Catalyst book to be "fixed."
Good thing to keep in mind. That way you'll never be disappointed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012