Hoi chummer.

Currently I have three interested runners for my upcoming Shadowrun 5E game, which start mid-August. I am still looking for one or two more runners, for in-person gaming, not online play.

I will be running a homebrew mini-campaign, set in Seattle 2075. The story arc will be about 4-6 sessions. If the players like the game and my GMing style, I will continue with subsequent mini-campaigns, while the players get to keep their characters and continue accumulating Karma.

The setting will be predominantly in the meatworld. There will be small need for Matrix-related actions, such as hacking and bypassing/disabling security, but I wish to avoid Matrix combat as it detracts from meatworld actions. If no player plays a hacker, I can easily adjust the game to fit the skill set of the group. I also will avoid metaplanar jaunts, but will make an exception in case of an Awakened character undergoing Initiation.

I do allow players to portray a character beyond the basic metatypes, if they choose. Metavariants, metasapients, shapeshifters, even Infected are allowed.

I plan on running my game once every 3 weeks, on a Saturday, starting about 1 or 2 PM. I will host the game from my apartment in Queens, by the 7 train. My place is 10-15 minutes from Manhattan.

I do have some requirements for players.

First, and foremost, please have tabletop RPG experience, or at least understand how a tabletop RPG works. New players to Shadowrun are welcome, but I do expect you to have read the core rulebook.

Please have a Google account, since I will have discussions, share house rules, and schedule game sessions on a Google+ community I have created.

Shadowrun is a roleplaying game, so I require a player to roleplay their character. This includes portraying Negative Qualities as well as the Positive Qualities. I encourage players to play up strengths and flaws, as they can add humor and exciting drama to the game. There will be plenty of opportunity for combat and in-game social interactions. If you just want to roll dice and not interact, then my game is not for you.

Power-gamers need not apply. I have no problem with a player that knows how to build an optimized combat character, but Shadowrun is more than just rolling a lot of dice and killing things. As mentioned before, portraying your character is important, and there will be other elements involved with my game such as investigation, intrigue, horror, betrayal, and more. Sometimes a challenge can be overcome by good ideas, good roleplaying, or using non-combat related skills (ie: Knowledge skills).

Rules lawyers need not apply. As is the right of a GM, some rules will be changed to promote fluid gameplay, some rules will be changed to benefit the player characters, and some will be changed to challenge the player characters. I do invite players that know the rules very well. Shadowrun is a rules-heavy game, and I will not remember everything. But I do wish to avoid heated discussions about rules.

Finally, I also require to have a meet-and-greet with an interested player. This is to discuss anything further about the game beyond email, to see if you are a functioning member of society and not a curmudgeon, and to see if you are actually serious enough about gaming. If the idea of a meet-and-greet scares you, then my game is definitely not for you.

If you are interested and meet the requirements, please send me an email or private message.