http://io9.com/the-24-most-embarrassing-du...cter-1524448977

The article lists a bunch of oddball D&D classes and basically lampoons them.

That being said if I were going to play a first edition game, I wouldn't mind trying out some of the classes.

For me, I sort of like the idea of a down-to-earth antihero in a high fantasy heroic setting. As such, I wouldn't mind giving the Beggar or the Peasant Hero a try. After all character progression is so rigid in old school D&D that I'd rather potentially be underpowered but have a fun character than have a character that is statistically better but is totally boring.

And honestly some of these characters sound fun. What if my Peasant Hero is some kind of communist agitator? What if my Beggar is some kind of drunken master, or always tries to ambush the campaign villain by hiding in the latrine, or something like that? It sounds like much more fun than, "Durh, Paladin smash. Again."

Holy hell, you can be a Clown. So you could either play a creepy evil clown, or be some kind of demented Batman-esque super hero who uses an evil clown act to torment evildoers. This stuff makes me want to actually go play some D&D.