Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking at old screen caps like a hit to the gut
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Wounded Ronin
Between 2005 and 2007, I made a Fallout 2 mod. Wounded Ronin's Vintage Weapon mod. To be perfectly honest I think it's one of the best mods ever made, if you love classic rifles. I still remember how people I never knew in person helped me so much from across the globe especially with the graphics, which I wouldn't have been able to do myself.

Anyway, I was just on Steam looking at their page for Fallout Tactics. I looked at the old screen caps, and all of a sudden the memories of all the time I'd spent on classic fallout hit me in the gut. It felt like a physical thing. All the time, energy, and hope I'd put into my project connected with this old game.

It was totally unexpected. Just out of the blue and random as I had simply been planning to start Steam to play Darkest Dungeon. Instead of a little bit of light recreation I had the weight of memories crash into my core.
otomik
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ Aug 30 2015, 08:00 AM) *
It was totally unexpected. Just out of the blue and random as I had simply been planning to start Steam to play Darkest Dungeon. Instead of a little bit of light recreation I had the weight of memories crash into my core.

--------------------

At age 16 you were fascinated by it, though you didn't quite understand why ...
At age 23 you had so many things to do, you didn't think about it anymore ...
At age 33 you slowly start remembering it and you have the uncomfortable notion that there might be some ugly truth in it...
At age 40 you understand why you were fascinated by it many years ago and that finding makes you shiver...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrYvcFDNmBM

Hello. I used to post here regularly. I don't know what possessed me to look this place up today but I'm glad to hear from a familiar name. This is one of the first internet forums I used to frequent.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (otomik @ Sep 2 2015, 08:43 PM) *
Hello. I used to post here regularly. I don't know what possessed me to look this place up today but I'm glad to hear from a familiar name. This is one of the first internet forums I used to frequent.

It is a special place, of great power. As befits a place that evokes Shadowrun and its mix of the technological and the sacred.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012