Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ARK: Survival Evolved - Looking for more players!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Bull
ARK: Survival Evolved is a fantastic little Open World Survival and Crafting game that's currently in the latter stages of Early Access on Steam. The main thrust of the game is you're stranded on an island filled with Dinosaurs and other beasties that want to eat you, and to survive you need to level up, gather materials, learn to craft weapons, shelter, and other things to help you survive, and tame and ride dinosaurs.

That's right. Tame and RIDE Dinosaurs. smile.gif

You can go it solo, or you can team up with other players to form tribes, and either work with other tribes, co-existing, trading, and allying with them, or you can compete with them, attacking them to steal their resources or reduce their resources.

Our own Caine Hazen is running his own server for the game, details can be found here. As they've just added in a bunch of new content that drastically changed up the game (new Swamp and Snow biomes as well as some new critters), we're looking to relaunch the server this Saturday, and we're hoping to muster as many players as possible and really set the relaunch off with a bang!

If interested, come check us out! The games fantastic, and it should be a lot of fun.
Bull
Just to update, we're looking at a Noon EST launch time this Saturday, Oct 3, for the new ARK Server. Come join us!
Bull
Due to a couple RL issues, including illness, we're bumping the server restart back a week, so we'll be rebooting on Saturday, October 10th. Please join us for some fun and dino combat smile.gif
Sendaz
Have not been able to play myself due to work, however this is an interesting review:

Bull
Heh, that is an awesome little write up! smile.gif
Sendaz
Yeah, it was fun reading.

Having seen other reviews, I can see why one might want to do the private server thing to keep it more fun, less offline griefing.
Bull
For a certain type of player, I'm sure the official servers are fantastic. Tons of people, very competitive, etc. Probably appeals to the same general crowd that likes League of Legends or Counterstrike type games, online PvP stuff.

Me, I'm a bit more laid back. I don't mind getting a bit competitive and fighting, but I'd rather that not be the focus. Hence something like Caines BSF server is up my alley.
Sendaz
Continuing the awesome, Mr. Taylor shows us what passes for the ParaDinoTroopers on his server.

Best example of Maxim 11 seen yet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012