Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [crowdfunding] New Novel Project!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Critias
Hi guys,

I'm not sure how often General Gaming gets checked, but I don't want to spam up the actual Shadowrun discussion area with some non-Shadowrun stuff. I'm still going to be continuing my SR fiction -- I just sent in a first draft of Kincaid's next novel, in fact! -- but at the same time, I'd love to stretch my legs and tell my own stories with my own toys in my own sandbox, instead of never being able to rock the boat, having to keep one eye on sourcebooks to stay current, and knowing that a couple dozen other people are all writing in the same world.

To that end, and spurred on by a Nerdist.com contest, I've launched an Inkshares campaign to try and get my own sci-fi series jump-started. I'll save the longer pitch for those of you that click the link -- THE LINK RIGHT HERE -- but the TL;DR version is that Over The Stars is a distant future tale of two warring ideologies, as a pair of dystopian nation-states clash on the ground of a hundred worlds, and in the cold vastness of space in between them. It promises big fleet/armada action, dogfights, boots on the ground, boarding actions, cityfighting, and anything in between that I've forgotten. It's not quite a cyberpunk setting, but you'll recognize some tropes; corporations fund one of the two warring space-nations, for instance, and many of the main cast of characters are going to meet competing against one another on a reality tv show, fighting for corporate sponsorships to keep their branches of the military state-of-the-art.

If you've enjoyed my fiction over the years, check it out. Every pre-order helps, especially those made prior to March 15, when this contest ends. I started this contest halfway through it, and Over The Stars has still climbed up to 18th place, out of 85 competitors. Another good ten or twelve readers, and we'll be in the top ten, and that extra exposure could be just what we need to rocket into the top three, and get full Nerdist.com support, sponsorship, and distribution.

So please click the link, read the previews posted so far -- more are coming later this week! -- and if you like what you see, share the link, and maybe bet $10 on me by getting yourself an e-book pre-order.

Thanks, Dumpshockers.
Stahlseele
Err . . dude . . did you forget to put the link in there? O.o
Critias
*hurriedly edits*

I have no idea what you're talking about. The link was there all along, honest! wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012