Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wait, the board wasn't down the last two days?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Dumpshock News, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, & Discussion
Sengir
The board seemed to have been dead on my side since around Friday (CET), loading the page took forever and ended with a "can't connect" error. OK, happens some times, but now that I can connect again it seems others were just merrily posting away -- did anybody else experience the same or do I need to kick my ISP?
Raiderj
Exact same error bro. It wasn't just you.
Stahlseele
Same here.
It was up for a short while in between though.
Redjack
There was a wrinkle. I will be doing an OS upgrade soon.
Sengir
Phew, and I thought I had to convince my ISP's tech support that they had a routing error biggrin.gif
Redjack
Just ping me via email (my username @dumpshock.com) if there is an issue; I check email regularly and will check any issues at my next opportunity.
Stahlseele
Wait, OS Upgrade? O.o
Are you running dumpshock from your own home? o.O
Redjack
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ May 18 2016, 09:03 AM) *
Wait, OS Upgrade? O.o
Are you running dumpshock from your own home? o.O
No. We have a dedicated VM at a cloud provider. We are currently on x86 Linux and moving to x64 Linux.
Stahlseele
Ah.
More RAMS.
Sengir
QUOTE (Redjack @ May 17 2016, 08:32 PM) *
Just ping me via email (my username @dumpshock.com) if there is an issue; I check email regularly and will check any issues at my next opportunity.

A privatly-run website going down for a few days is nothing where I feel the need to pester the admin. wink.gif

I was only wondering why others had been able to post when I couldn't access the site, but it seems I just missed the times when it was up intermittently.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012