Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The System Shock remake is on Kickstarter.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Tanegar
Y-your goddess comman-mands it...
Koekepan
Diego contacted me with an unusual request. He said that it was a fund for the reconstruction of Citadel Station. I don't know how much he knows about what happened to the original, but I guess he knows what he's doing.

He promised a share, and a job, to everyone who chipped in at least a few bucks, so I threw $150 into the hat. I mean, a job? In space? In this economy? I'd be crazy not to.
Tanegar
So, you're a Cyborg Enforcer, too, eh? wink.gif
Koekepan
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Jul 10 2016, 04:08 AM) *
So, you're a Cyborg Enforcer, too, eh? wink.gif

The Cortex Reavers made me an offer I couldn't refuse. And, you know, once you get used to it, it isn't so bad. At least Diego kept to his word about employment.
Wounded Ronin
Pledged $30. I am excited to see an old classic reach its full potential, instead of everything being a sequel all the time.

I did play the original System Shock but never finished it. I remember enjoying it on the one hand, but also how dated it was on the other. Being dated is not bad in my book. I play many retrogames and appreciated the aspect of planning and resource management that is absent from many more modern games. The thing I thought was the hardest about System Shock was navigating the levels. Games in those old days tended to have very large maps (I guess the simplified graphics made it easier to make really big maps) and combine that with the low resolution graphics it was easy to get lost or turned around. I remember how with some games you were even expected to make a paper and pencil map as you went along.

So, I am looking forward to their take on revisiting and revising System Shock to keep what was unique about the original, while bringing some aspects up to speed with what we expect in a modern game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012