Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tangled Currents - Seeker
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Mercy
Sunday 10 June 2075 1030 Seeker's Home Seattle

The ping on your 'link wakes you from a nap. The caller ID tells you that you are being graced with a call from Special Agent Thomas Fin. There are nicer federal agents, but there are also a lot that are not as nice, or as handsome, as the man who sent you the message. >>Hey there. I know you have heard about everything that went down at Washington Rec yesterday. How would you like to be a part of it? There are just too many leads to follow and we are getting our asses busted for not moving fast enough. If you want a paycheck, get down to the lake and look for me. I will be the tired and grumpy guy with a day-old beard and no shower. Bring some caf if you can find any.<<
Aria

Seeker waved away the plethora of AR windows orbiting in her field of view to focus in on the KASF feed for Seattle, a tweak of her search parameters and there was the news about a fracas at Washington Rec…a terrorist act perhaps? Lots of casualties anyway, certainly a bad business and that was saying something for the average Seattle event. Scum that perpetrated this kind of shit were exactly the kind of mark she liked…ones that required an unambiguous response…ones that didn’t necessarily need to be brought back in a functioning state.

She sent a terse >>On my way<< back to Special Agent Fin
Aria

Seeker sighed at the loss of her planned quiet Sunday but knew that she needed this contract in order to maintain her position. Stripping quickly she wriggled in to her work gear, ensuring that the active camouflage and sensor mesh was functioning correctly before once more donning the loose street clothes over the top. The Colt went in to the tiny holster in the small of her back and the rest of her gear was already in the car.

>>Sine, plot a good route to Washington Rec please

>>Of course Seeker. Traffic indicators are light although there are road closures around your destination
Mercy
As you approach the large parking lot at Washington Rec, you see that Sine was not lying to you about the road closures. It seems that the closest you are going to get is about two blocks away, unless you want to try your luck at one of the road blocks.
Aria
Sunday 10 June 2075 1130 Near Washington Rec Seattle

Seeker pulled over before getting snarled in the angry traffic, engaged the car's sec system, and then started on foot towards the barricades. Ensuring that her 'link was displaying her SIN and registered Hunter's licence she approached the harassed looking officer.

"I'm here to see Special Agent Fin, he is expecting me" and she vaguely gestured at the tray of soycafs she had picked up en route...
Mercy
Sunday 10 June 2075 1133 Near Washington Rec Seattle

The KE officer at the barricade does indeed look harassed and in no mood to take drek from anyone. He opens his mouth to tell you to go away but changes his mind when you mention Fin's name. He makes a call on his 'link and sort of smiles at you as he motions you to go to a van a hundred feet up the road. "You are expected. Go to the command van just over there."

By the time you get to the van marked "Crime Scene Control" the door opens and Special Agent Thomas Fin steps out. He takes one of the cups from your tray and passes the rest inside to another officer before joining you on the ground. He sips at the soycaf and sort of smiles. The bags under his eyes tell you that he has not slept much lately, even if the rumpled clothes he is wearing had not already told you that. He looks at you and motions with his head to walk with him and leads you to a park bench that overlooks this part of the beach and the vendor vans that are now sealed off with yellow "Do Not Cross" tape. Sitting, he sips again and says, "I will start off by asking what you know about what happened here yesterday?"
Aria
Sunday 10 June 2075 1133 Near Washington Rec Seattle

Seeker assessed the weary looking Agent before replying, "Only what the screamsheets are saying and I know that won't be the full picture, or even the same picture! I do know there was some sort of massacre... too sloppy for a professional hit or mob involvement I would think, but no credible group has claimed responsibility yet as far as I could find...so, what do you think went on here...?"
Mercy
Sunday 10 June 2075 1137 Near Washington Rec Seattle

Fin sips again then says, "Yeah, those rags have it all wrong, although a couple of the newsies seem to have an IQ larger than their show size and are starting to sniff in the right directions. We still do not know the whole picture, but what we are pretty sure of is that this was not an isolated hit. The storyline here is that a man carrying an attache case approached that food van over there. No, not that one.....that one next to it. Several men with automatic rifles started shooting people but we are certain that was for show; to disguise their real target, who we are certain was the man with the case. Somehow, one of the bystanders was crazy enough to want to interfere and not only did he have a gun on him, he knew how to use it. At least two of the gunmen went down for the count, but not before they shot up their target. That is when it got even more crazy. The waitress for the food van got involved as a good Samaritan and tried to help the attache man, getting shot for her trouble. Several witnesses have said that he told her something before he died in her arms. At that point, the interfering shooter I have tagged as pistol guy brokered some sort of deal and the gunmen left with the case and he fled the area, getting into a car driven by another woman. The shot girl was taken to Mercy General for emergency surgery."

He looks up at you. "Got all this? Good, because it gets weirder from here. From what we have been able to piece together, it seems that this was not an isolated event. Earlier in the day, a former Renraku suit was blown up, along with his family. There was an explosion at the offices of a messenger service that wiped out the entire on-site staff of the company.....a company, it turns out, that the attache guy worked for. Some time after the shootout here, another firefight erupted at the local office of some PI firm..........a firm that the pistol guy and the girl who swooped in to pick up up just happen to work for. What do you think so far?"
Aria
Sunday 10 June 2075 1137 Near Washington Rec Seattle

“What do I think?” Seeker paused for a moment… “that someone very desperate, or perhaps someone powerful enough not to care, is cleaning up a mess. The casual disregard for collateral damage is distressing, even the corps usually know the kind of negative impact such actions can have. I know you’re working on face recog back traces on the key protagonists, presumably as you’ve called me in they’ve either turned up nothing, or something that the Bureau can’t be seen to be involved with…so which is it?”
Mercy
Sunday 10 June 2075 1138 Near Washington Rec Seattle

Fin forms his hand into a gun and pulls the trigger in your general direction. "Always knew you were a smart one. Yeah, we got lots and we got nothing. Yesterday afternoon, about a couple of hours after what happened here, a bunch of heavily armored and armed men stormed Mercy General. From what we have pieced together from CCTV and survivors, they were looking for the wounded girl, but pistol guy showed up to get her out of the hospital. He and the other woman stole the car of one of the doctors and fled. Now they are in the wind. I need help finding them and I need help figuring out what the frag is going on. What part of the elephant do you want to take on first? I am authorized to pay as much as I need to, so you can pretty much name your ticket......within reason."
Aria
Sunday 10 June 2075 1138 Near Washington Rec Seattle

"Well finding people rather than facts is what I do, and I may have some resources that the Bureau doesn't have ready access to, so I'll see if I can track down the pistolier and his charge..." and she went on to negotiate a reasonable fee for her services...

"Send Sine the data you have and I will set her to analysing it...let's see how good these people are at staying off the grid...and whether I can find them before the hunters do!"
Mercy
Sunday 10 June 2075 1140 Near Washington Rec Seattle

"Thanks, I can use the help. Some of my bureau guys can't find their shoes in broad daylight. I will send what we got so far. Good luck. It looks like this pistol guy knows what he is doing."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012