Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tangled Currents - Cynthia & Jeremiah
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
Imladir
~~~~~~ OOC ~~~~~~

Mostly it's from the University. Though Tanya was supposed to call at some point too to discuss things. Might be she wants to talk at dinner?
There's the Prime Datahaven Membership [Jaclpoint] to take care of too, but that's not something Cynthia knows anything about for now.

There's something I was considering doing too that involves some calls, but that'll wait until the incomings are taken care of ^^
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 1430, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

There are three messages from the university registrar's office. Each indicates that a professor has expressed an interest in you and would like to set up an interview. You are asked to provide your availability.
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 14:30, Friday June 14th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1017

Cynthia's first reaction was to grumble. Availability, availability... Her agenda was filling up quite quickly recently. Though maybe... As answer, she sent a question of her own: could those interviews take place on the Matrix, or did they need her to be present in the flesh? If they could handle all that through the Matrix, it would make things a lot easier on her side after all.

As she waited for the answer, she started another communication. She called Paige Aslpin - or at least, that was the name she knew the woman by - about a...well, a job. Paige had been giving her the odd jobs from time to time, where someone was needed to dig stuff on the Matrix. Given the nature of the jobs, Cynthia was sure Paige had her fingers in a lot of pies and knew a lot of people that were... Well, that didn't mix too well with the law.

>>Paige [Cynthia]: Hey Paige, how you doing? Listen I have a...well, a job... Yeah, no, one to... I'm doing the hiring. Well sort of. Thing is, I want DNA samples of a couple of people. Six to be precise, in five locations, nothing too secured. Just needs to be collected on their brushes or something, no need for anything more...drastic, let's say. I'd be willing to pay... Let's say 3k as a base, and 3k more if no one notices anything went on. Do you think that would be fair and that you could handle to details for me?<<
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 1431, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

>>Cynthia [Paige]: Names?<<
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 14:31, Friday June 14th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1018

>>Paige [Cynthia]: Matthew and Kristen, Sean, Frank, Mikael and Cynthia Rawson. Here are the adresses. Like I said, none of them are too secured, but the last one might be watched.<<
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 1432, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

>>And guessing at the last names is part of the fun? And isn't the last one you? Perhaps a short explanation is in order here.<<
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 14:32, Friday June 14th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1019

>>Paige [Cynthia]: Yes, the last one is me. As for the last names, they're are all the same: Rawson. My parents and my brothers, in order. I want to check something, so I need DNA samples. And since they're unlikely to agree... And before you ask, no, I can't get my own DNA sample at the moment. Not from me, and not from my place. Which is why I'm asking.<<
Mercy

>>Cynthis [Paige]: Got it. I will put out a feeler or two, but I know a couple of up and comers that could use some experience in something like this. You have a timeline for the job?<<
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 14:32, Friday June 14th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1020

Cynthia snorted >>Paige [Cynthia]: The sooner the better? More seriously, I don't have anything I must do in two hours with that, so there's no strict limit, just... Anyway, like I said, there's no security to speak of, but it's still in the nice parts of town, so...<<
Mercy

>>Cynthia [Paige]: I will find someone to put on it. Do you need me to arrange the DNA tests as well or is that for you to do?<<
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 14:32, Friday June 14th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1021

Cynthia hesitated >>Paige [Cynthia]: Hmm... Ask me again when you have the samples? If it takes a bit of time I may have left Seattle for a week or two, so I'll have to ask you to do it, but otherwise I'd prefer doing it myself. I'll send you half the money now.<<

Concluding her call, she settled back down, pensive. Maybe all of this was completely unnecessary, and it would show that she is, indeed, the daughter of Matthew and Kristen Rawson. But at the very least, she would be sure of it, once and for all. Just that would be worth it. And if she weren't...

Good question. She had no idea what she'd do. She didn't have a close relationship with her parents - or her entire family for that matter - so she probably wouldn't feel too... Losing her family wouldn't hurt, it was pretty much already the case anyway. But she wouldn't know who she was, and that may be hard.

She shook her head. It was useless thinking about it for now. She had taken steps to check and be able to know, and that was all she could do at the moment. For now, she had better things to focus back on. Like the two girls sleeping on her...
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 1440, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

The tone of some sort of synth instrumental signals the end of the break. Claudia stirs and turns off the alarm on her 'link. She blushes a bit as she realizes where her head has been. "Sorry. I did not mean to fall asleep like that." She stretches and stands up. "I had the weirdest dream, though. It is already leaving my mind but I think it had to do with this place."

Sandy rouses with the talking and stands up as well, offering you a hand. "Wow. I did not intend to sleep that hard. I only just put my head against the tree and suddenly I felt so tired. Say, we have interviews in twenty minutes so we had best get back inside, right?"
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 14:40, Friday June 14th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1022

Cynthia shrugged, as she waved her hand a bit to get the blood flowing normally "No problem." With a smirk, she added "At least I know I make for a comfortable pillow." She grabbed Sandy's hand then, and nodded "Yup." She tapped her lips, pensive "I had a weird dream too. I don't know what about though." She shrugged, unconcerned. It was just a dream, nothing significant. And she had never believed that dreams said much of anything, except a mix of stuff recently experienced.

"Hey by the way, did you see the Maze over there?" She waved, indicating the place where the Maze was "We'll have to see what's in it. I didn't have thr right clothes," she indicated her skirt "So I didn't but maybe there's something interesting in the centre."
Mercy

Sandy gives you a warm smile as she helps you to her feet. Both girls look out to the hedge maze and nod. Claudia says, "Yes, we saw it on the way out to find you. Sort of neat, huh? Our own hedge maze. Would love to try to find out what is there."

Sandy agrees with her. "It is very cool. We should try it." She sighs. "But not right now, I guess. We have people waiting."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 14:40, Friday June 14th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1023

"And if I scratch my boots or tear the skirt, Renaud and Renee will kill me. We probably want to avoid that. Which reminds me that I'll have to pick some stuff at Renee's once this is done." Cynthia shrugged "At least it probably won't disappear until we try to find out what's in there. Of course, give the house, you never know..."

She shook her head, not really believing that it was a possibility. As she walked back to the house, she asked "So anyway, anything I should know before we hear why we should hire anyone except for the simple fact that there's no one else for the position?"
Mercy

Claudia laughs out loud and Sandy grins. "Very good, Cynthia. To be honest, I do not know. It is quite apparent that we will hire all of these people for the positions they have applied for." She giggles. "So what happens if we decide to not hire some of them?"

Claudia shakes her head. "We probably get locked out of the house."

Sandy looks at her and nods. "Very likely. But after all, it is a good thing, right? I mean all of this is a good thing."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 14:40, Friday June 14th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1024

"I guess we'd get into all sorts of troubles. Since the house kinda requires a certain amount of staff, we'd have to recruit someone. And if there's still only that same person, we'd have to hire him or her anyway. We don't really have much choice..." She grumbled, then grimaced "But I suppose we should see at the bright side of things, like the fact that we won't have to decide who to keep and who to reject. It makes things easy..."

She paused, then glancing at the house, added "And if they don't fit, the house will probably toss them out anyway..." She seemed to be joking...and at the same time, not completely, as if she considered that to be a real posibility. "Alright, let's get this charade over with. I have plenty of stuff to do. Though I suppose we shouldn't be going too fast, if we're to learn a bit about everyone... Hey by the way, anyone got an idea on how we'll deal with the language barrier? I tried to learn a few things, but I doubt it'll be enough for a conversation..." Looking at Claudia, she asked "You speak French, right?"
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 1441, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

Claudia nods and shakes her head. "Yes, I speak French, but that is not what these people are speaking. I can try my French and hope that they speak that as well as whatever sort of Creole they are using. There are some similarities, but also enough differences that I get lost if they get to talking fast. I am going to make a real effort to learn this language, though."

As you near the house, you receive a text from Tanya. >>Cynthia [Tanya]: Hey, how are you doing after the operation? Are you interested in meeting for dinner?<<
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 14:41, Friday June 14th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1025

"Oh, yeah." Cynthia sent Claudia the documents she had found about the local Creole "Here's what I'm using. Seems good enough." She grimaced "I hope anyway, but we'll see pretty soon..."

>>Tanya [Cynthia]: Except for the lack of hair, and the need to go back Sunday for most of the stuff, I'm fine yes. As for dinner, sure. Did you have some place in mind? I'd offer our house, but I'm not sure there's enough to make anything decent yet.<<
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 1441, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

Claudia smiles. "Hey, thanks for this. It will come in quite useful. All I need is the time to study it."

>>Cynthia [Tanya]: Sorry to hear about your hair, but it ought to grow back. It sounds like you need to wait a day or so before entertaining there. Why don't you come out to eat here at my place? Let me know if that is suitable and I will make the arrangements.<<

Back in the house, you walk to the table and take your seats. At precisely 1500 you have a knock at your door and Sandy goes to bring the man in who has interviewed for the position of butler.
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 15:00, Friday June 14th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1026

"Yeah, I know what you mean..." She shrugged "Though with people using that language around us, it should be easier."

>>Tanya [Cynthia]: Hmm, should be. I'll let you know. We may be three though.<< Of course, that would mean explaining to Claudia what was going on exactly. That being said... now that she though about it, she hadn't really explained everything to Sandy either, it would be a good occasion to fix that.

When the future buttler followed Sandy in, she said cautiously "Bonjou, sa ou fé ?" Hopefully, she had gotten that right...

~~~~~~ OOC ~~~~~~

It's a Creole from Guadeloupa, meaning "Hi, how are you?"
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 1501, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

>>Cynthia [Tanya]: There is probably a story behind that, but three is not a problem. Let me know.<<

The man smiles broadly before going into butler mode. Apparently, you have done fine and set the tone. he seems to be fully qualified for the job and even has some very good references in the file. You do not recognize the names, but all gush about his skill and ability to manage a house like this and its staff.
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 15:01, Friday June 14th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1027

>>Cynthia [Tanya]: Yeah, it involves being kicked out of yesterday's gala...<<

Cynthia nodded. Very seriously, she said "Alright, we'll be sure to check on those references and we'll contact you later once we have made our choice and heard from the other applicants." she let a few seconds go by then snorted "Or I suppose that's what I'd say in normal circumstances, like if there were other applicants..." She glanced at the others, then shrugged "Fine, you're in. You'll have to help us figure this stuff though, we're way out of our depth."
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 1502, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

The man's name is Blackmoor and he nods. "That is what I am here for, Miss Cynthia; to help you get to know this fine house and make your life easier for you. Might I suggest interviewing Mrs Smith next? I believe that she will make a fine addition to the staff as the head housekeeper. She has a firm but fair approach and will certainly keep the house maids and other female staff in line, just as I will do for the men and young men you decide to hire."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 15:01, Friday June 14th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1028

Cynthia nods "Mrs Smith it is then." She frowned "But please, I know it's not done out of malice," or at least, she hoped it wasn't "But let's say things as they are. This is not about us deciding much of anything, it's about introductions and getting to know each others..."
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 1502, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

Broadmoor nods and smiles at the three of you. "I am quite sure that I do not entirely understand what you mean, but, yes, it does seem that the people outside represent the best qualified for each position. You always have it in your right to refuse to hire someone and put out a new advertisement, but if you are essentially satisfied we can certainly dispense with the interviews and introduce the staff to you, the new mistresses of Serenity."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 15:02, Friday June 14th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1028

Cynthia sighed, then shook her head "No, let's do things as we should. We wouldn't want anyone to think we're not taking things seriously, right?" She grumbled, then shrugged "At least we'll be able to add a new line on our resume, something like 'conducted interviews to hire a large staff'..."
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 1503, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

The other girls nod their heads and Sandy reaches over to grasp your hand. "I agree, Cynthia. At least this way we get to meet everyone and won't like some families and never even know the name of the person cooking our food or cleaning our clothes."

Claudia adds, "I also think it is important. But I do like the sound of that..........Mistresses of Serenity"

Broadmoor nods. "Very well, I will escoort Mrs, Smith in." He bows and leaves the room, returning in a minute with a tell black woman. "Misses Cynthia, Sandy, and Claudia, this is Mrs. Alana Smith. She is interviewing for the position of head housekeeper at Serenity. I believe that you already have her references."

The woman bows her head slightly and gives you a large smile.

Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 15:03, Friday June 14th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1029

Cynthia grumbled "I'm not sure how I feel about someone else washing my panties..." She sighed, rubbing her cheek for a second. When there was a talk about mistress of anything, she smiled crookedly "While Mistress might not be wrong, it remains to be seen who's the mistress of who..."

When Alana came in, she greeted her, and started the "interview" process, asking some questions, and generally trying to get a feel of the person. Unlike most interviews, there weren't any risk of failing anything though, since everyone would be hired anyway. She used the time to make some of her preferences known though, since it would be best if done early rather than later.
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 1503, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

Claudia snorts and nods and Sandy chuckles at your mistress crack. Sandy puts a hand on yours and whispers loud enough for Claudia to hear. "I will let you be my mistress..............unless it is my turn." Claudia laughs at that, but all of you are back to normal by the time Broadmoor appears with Mrs. Smith.

Alana seems to take the odd interview format in stride. She comes across as extremely professional and smiles as you and the others talk about your preferences. When you are done, she smiles at you. "Thank you, Miss Cynthia. I am sure that we will all do the best we can to work together. I do appreciate knowing some of the things you like and dislike." She looks to all three of you. "I hope that we can get a schedule of meal times and such and what foods you all like to eat."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 15:03, Friday June 14th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1029

Cynthia smirked "Yeah, well, regarding that... As of thirty-six hours ago, I have no idea anymore." She shifted a bit on her seat uncomfortably "Oh, speaking about food. I've not been doing it for long, but I like to make stuff in the kitchen, so you'll see me in there from time to time. I don't want anyone saying the kitchen is their domain and we shouldn't set foot in there..." She raised her hand a bit "I'm not saying you or anyone here would do it but... I've seen it happen." and from the grimace accompanying this, it was pretty obvious she had done more than just see it.
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 1504, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

Alana smiles. "I think that we can work something out with Cook for allowing you to use the kitchen. After all, it is your house and we are all here to make your lives easier, not more complicated. Miss Anna will see you right in the kitchen, I am sure. Now, do you have a day that you want to set as your laundry day?"
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 15:04, Friday June 14th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1030

"Laundry?" Cynthia seemed a bit confused. Looking at the two other girls, she added "I... I don't care" she shook her head, a bit mesmerized "I don't even know what I'll be doing on Monday so planning for a regular laundry day doesn't make much sense for me. As far as I'm concerned, you can set it as whatever is more convenient for you."
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 1504, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

Alana looks a bit surprised but recovers quickly. She nods to Broadmoor, who leaves the room, then she turns back to you. "I am sure that we will work something out regards the laundry. All of this must be a bit new to you. Do you have any questions of me while Mr. Broadmoor is fetching Anna? I am here to assist you in every way possible. This is a large, old, and very special house. It, and we, have been waiting a long time for the right owners to come along. Let us make life easier for you."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 15:04, Friday June 14th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1031

"A bit new?" She grimaced "Yeah, you could say that. I don't think I have questions for now." Though of course, just as she said that... "Well except, were you able to talk among yourselves about the 'links requirement?"
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 1505, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

Alana smiles and nods. "I think that you will find that requirement has been satisfied, Miss Cynthia. I do hope, though, that you will allow us to talk amongst ourselves as normal, without all that new-fangled stuff? We can keep the 'links on and ready to respond if you call, but I think most of us are not used to them, yet."

Footsteps herald the arrival of Broadmoor and another woman. She is a light cream in color, so perhaps mulatto, and much younger than you might have expected the woman applying for the position of senior cook to be. She curtsies as she reaches the point on the floor indicated to her by Broadmoor. "Good afternoon, Misses Cynthia, Sandy, and Claudia. Fine day out, isn't it?"
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 15:05, Friday June 14th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1032

"Of course." Cynthia nodded "I just want the 'links there in case we need to contact you and for some reason can't do it the 'normal' way. I don't intend to make you addicted to it or anything. For all I care about it, you could leave those completely blanks except for our commcodes."

She greeted Anna with a nod "Hi. You could say that yes." She glanced at the others "Alright, let's get on with it." Once Anna has answered to most usual questions any of them could wish to ask, she concluded "Okay, I suppose I'd just have a question for the other cooks to know if they'd have a problem taking orders from you since they're older but..." She shrugged "If they're still here, I suppose they don't."

She frowned pensive, glancing at Claudia and Sandy "But... I guess it's not a problem anyway, given that I'm the younger of us all, so if any of you are still here..." She shook her head "Anyway, as I said earlier, I don't know where my tastes lie anymore, but..." She cocked an eyebrow at Claudia and Sandy, encouraging them to talk about their own tastes to the cook.
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 1506, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

Anna looks at all three of you and smiles as she nods her head, although there is a glint of steel in her eyes. "There will be no troubles with the kitchen staff over my age, Miss Cynthia. You can trust me on that. I have been told that each of you may wish to have access to the kitchen at times and I find that laudable. You will be welcome at any time, although I would ask for consideration if we are in the midst of preparing any large meals for guests."

Sandy shakes her head but Claudia nods with enthusiasm. "Thank you, Anna. I will likely be around a lot so just let me know if I am underfoot. I appreciate the offer very much as I am all too familiar with being told to stay out of the kitchen."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 15:06, Friday June 14th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1033

Cynthia shrugged "If we have guests, I'm likely to have other things in my mind than spending time in the kitchen. I'm more talking about normal times." She smiled knowingly at Claudia "I can't say I ever went there to make stuff until recently but... I guess I wasn't the only one told that 'A kitchen is no place for a young lady'..."

She snorted, shaking her head, then focused back on Anna "Anyway. I suppose your first task will be to make an inventory of the stuff we currently have and what we're missing. Nothing urgent since we won't be dining here tonight though." She glanced at the other two "I'll tell you later."
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 1506, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

Anna nods her head at you. "Yes, Miss, and thank you for letting me know about tonight. That gives us time to see what we need and get it from the town. May I ask for the three of you to make me a list of your favorite foods and another of the foods that you do not like? I will make sure to tailor the meals to those lists. Would you care to go over a weekly meal schedule or leave that up to me?"
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 15:06, Friday June 14th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1034

Cynthia let the other two give the list of things they liked and disliked, not putting anything in there. If asked, she'd once again say that she had no idea, since pretty much everything tasted different now. Not that different of course, but still enough that some stuff she didn't like before make have gone to the side of the things she liked. Or the other way around anyway.

While they were writing down their lists, she said "As for the schedule... I'm not entirely sure. There's so much going on at the moment that I'm afraid you'll have to be pretty flexible." She rubbed her chin "For example, we're likely to be away next week, and maybe the week after that too, depending on how things go." She shrugged "I don't know yet. So I guess 'flexibility' will be a pretty important word for some time..."
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 1508, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

Anna nods as she picks up the lists from the others. "Flexibility is my watchword, then, Miss Cynthia."

Alana interjects, "If you do not mind a recommendation, Misses, would it be best to interview the remaining kitchen staff, so that they can begin work cataloging what is present and what is needed?"
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 15:08, Friday June 14th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1035

Cynthia shrugged "Sure, it's not like the gardeners' work can start right now anyway."
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 1508, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

Alana gives a sharp laugh. "Don't you worry, Miss Cynthia. Don Trumble is the best man around these part for your garden. he will have it up and blooming in no time."

One after another, four people are brought into the room and introduced as your kitchen staff. The youngest cannot be older than fifteen, but she has good references from a Miss Paisley, who is sad to lose her but willingly gives her up to the fine ladies at the manor.

After Anna takes her four staff, Broadmoor looks at the three of you expectantly. "Who would you see next, Misses?"
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 15:08, Friday June 14th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1036

Cynthia felt...weird. She really tried to go with the flow, to not over think it, but sometimes like when she read that message from Miss Paisley, whoever that wad, it was pretty hard. It was...surreal, it didn't feel real, like they tried to make her something she was not, she could not be. Like they saw in her something she knew wasn't there. Frag, when all was said and done, she was just a young girl, not even an adult yet, who wasn't remarkable in any way and with plenty of personal issues. Alright, except maybe for the Technomancer thing, but that wasn't of any meaning as far as the house, the staff or whatever around hwre was concerned. She felt completely inadapted, almost like a crook pulling a con and hoping no one would notice until it was too late...

When Broadmoor asked his question, she shrugged "Since we were talking about the gardens, we may as well go on that way."
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 1510, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

The man nods. "Very good, Miss." He leaves the room, returning shortly with an older man. "Mister Don Trumble, Misses. He is applying for the position of head gardener."

The man has a hat in his hands and he looks like he has spent a lot of time outside.
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 15:10, Friday June 14th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1037

Much like she had done with the others, Cynthia asked the questions she thought she was supposed to. It was becoming tedious, and she wanted to be done with this as soon as possible, but now that they had started it, it wouldn't be a good thing to stop midway. At the end of the interview, she said "Alright, for now I only have one request: you probably know there's a Maze there, and I'd like you to leave it alone for now." She shrugged "Just the time for me to get to the centre of it, it likely won't take too long I suppose, but... I'm curious."

She paused, taping her fingers on the table, pensive "I suppose the first order of business will be to remove the weeds, but when you have an idea of the direction you want the garden to take, could you show us? It's likely we won't have anything to say, but who knows?"
Mercy

Your new head gardener nods his head. "Of course, Miss. I would have it no other way. Would it be proper here to introduce those applying for the positions of assistants on the grounds? All are hand picked and will do you right proud."

At your nod, He goes back out to the door, returning with three strapping young men that he introduces to you. The procedure continues with the housemaids, both upstairs and downstairs. At the end of it, a man of about thirty and a young woman of maybe nineteen are shown into the room. "This is John Amos Hardy and Alyssa Monroe, Misses. John Amos has applied for the position of Gamesman and Miss Monroe as his assistant."

Unlike the others you have seen so far, who have been dressed to impress, John Amos and Alyssa are dressed rough.
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 15:10, Friday June 14th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1038

Cynthia blinked in surprise, but still nodded to Amos and Alyssa >>Claudia, Sandy [Cynthia]: Er... What's a gamesman? Never heard of that job...<<
Mercy

>>Cynthia, Sandy [Claudia]: I think he is looking to be maybe your game warden, or something like that. A hunter? Maybe?<<

Sandy nods without saying anything.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012