Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR:A Conversions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tashiro
Hey, everybody!
Yeah, I've not been here for a few years - fell out of SR5, and came back in with SR:A.

So, for those who know anything about Shadowrun: Anarchy, here's the thing. I'm looking at taking a bunch of PCs, and converting them from SR5 to SRA, and I'm stumped on a few concepts. A few characters are easy, but there's going to be one that's going to require some extra thought.

Specifically...
Night Elf Fox Shaman who is possessed by his sister (basically, taking an 'ancestor spirit' and making it a free spirit who is using him as a host).
So, I need to figure out 'Night Elf', then I need to figure out 'Free Spirit', then I need to figure out how to have Spirit B possess Elf A, and how to do that as Shadow Tags.

The elfin driver/gunkata adept should be easy.
The dryad technomancer and dryad hermetic might be a bit trickier.
The pacifistic elf technomancer / decker / rigger is going to be something else.

Help? biggrin.gif
Beta
Given that Anarchy is more story driven and less mechanical, that it has less in the way of fine-tuning/optimization, and given the shadow amps limitations, I’d say that it shouldn’t be as hard as all of that -- just because there are only so many moving parts to play with.

Basically don’t worry about accurately converting the SR5 abilities and powers, and just focus on the character highlights. Night elf can probably just be elf, as far as cost and attributes go. Everything else comes down to qualities and shadow amps – and they absolutely will not reach to every aspect of the SR5 character. So figure out the few key items, and the rest is just colour. Granted that you are likely to have to make up a quality and an amp or two, but if the player wants any quantity of spells, that will eat up most of their amps right there. (one quality will be fox shaman, other will probably relate to the possession. 2-3 spells and maybe one amp related to an advantage of possession?)
Tashiro
Interesting.
I presume, then, that Initiation or Submersion is probably a Shadow Amp as well?
Gingivitis
Agreed. There are not enough big differences between night elf and elf for a stat change. Just Tag it.

Fox Mentor is definitely a Positive Quality. Just look at the other mentors for inspiration. Possessed might be a positive, like +2 to something his sister was good at. Or if could be negative, like having to spend a Plot Point to avoid doing something the sister would want to do.

Initiation would just be a Shadow Amp granting some bonus (like +1 to Sorcery) or ability to manipulate Plot Points (like spend a Plot Point to quicken a spell for a scene or Contract Brief). The higher the initiation level, the higher the Shadow Amp level, the more the bonus. Like anything else, it would be 1 point to have the thing and 1 point for the dice bonus.

2-3 spells seems about average for an Anarchy caster.

Just focus on the highlights and translate the small stuff to Tags, Cues, Gear, etc.
Tashiro
Now, taken the other way - if my sister's playing the free spirit, and I'm playing the host, maybe could use a tag for the possession. Hmm.
I really hope Anarchy comes out with more books.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012