Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is there a way to export a thread?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Dumpshock News, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, & Discussion
Titan
Experience from the official Shadowrun Forums (shadowruntabletop.com) has got me thinking of future protecting any threads I might be a part of (I'm thinking PbP games).

I've done a cursory search and can't find any built in tools to aid in this.

Did I miss something?

If I haven't. and it is reasonable to do so (I'm not asking for custom code or anything), could I request the feature be added? Or at least looked in to?

EDIT: Rather than start a new thread, I'll just piggyback this one:
If IRC is no longer supported, you might want to remove the "Chat" option in the top left menu bar.
Redjack
QUOTE (Titan @ Jul 4 2017, 08:51 PM) *
Experience from the official Shadowrun Forums (shadowruntabletop.com) has got me thinking of future protecting any threads I might be a part of (I'm thinking PbP games).

I've done a cursory search and can't find any built in tools to aid in this.

Did I miss something?

If I haven't. and it is reasonable to do so (I'm not asking for custom code or anything), could I request the feature be added? Or at least looked in to?

EDIT: Rather than start a new thread, I'll just piggyback this one:
If IRC is no longer supported, you might want to remove the "Chat" option in the top left menu bar.
These forums are backups up on a nightly basis.
It would require custom code to add a feature to export a thread.
Titan
QUOTE (Redjack @ Jul 4 2017, 09:03 PM) *
It would require custom code

That is all I needed to see.

It isn't that important.

And I didn't mean to suggest these forums weren't properly managed, just that the lack of management over there has me in the "backup, backup, backup" mentality.
Redjack
Don't take my short reply as taking offense. The question is a valid one, especially given the issues on sites that were assumed "properly managed".
Bodak
QUOTE (Redjack @ Jul 5 2017, 02:03 AM) *
These forums are backups up on a nightly basis.
It would require custom code to add a feature to export a thread.
On the Original Post of whatever thread you want to export, go up to the top-right corner. Click "Options". Click "Download this Topic".

At least, that's how I've always done it.
Redjack
QUOTE (Bodak @ Jul 7 2017, 04:31 AM) *
On the Original Post of whatever thread you want to export, go up to the top-right corner. Click "Options". Click "Download this Topic".

Good catch. I replied so fast, I was thinking of "Export Thread" as the literal option, rather than the fact that topic/thread are used synonymously here.
Titan
QUOTE (Bodak @ Jul 7 2017, 04:31 AM) *

Thank you!

That is exactly what I was looking for... But didn't see it hiding in the title bar for some reason.
Imladir
In long threads, the option to download the topic (or to print it, same issue) stops after 300 posts, and omits everything after that. I suppose it's an option somewhere, would it be possible to fix that?
Tecumseh
I would like to echo this request. I'd love to download my completed PbP game. I'm really happy with some of the writing, which I'd like to save.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012