Full Version: New Games that may be of interest:
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Stahlseele
ATOM RPG: Post-apocalyptic indie game:
Basically, it is Fallout 2.5
It is out now as early access on steam for cheapish 15 bucks
http://store.steampowered.com/app/552620/

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War
Basically, it looks, from the Trailer, like a Civ style 4X game in the WH40K Universe.
Necrons. Speech Mehringues, Orkze and Imperial Army as starting Factions.
More news probably December 1st as that is the first Twitch streaming date
http://store.steampowered.com/app/489630
nezumi
Atom looks pretty neat. RPG, mechanics based on GURPS, with a focus on conversations and characters, all set in post-apocalyptic Soviet Union?

Not sure if I should get my hopes up. But very promising premise.
Stahlseele
Eh, it is only 15 bucks on early access, not that big a risk.
nezumi
The risk is time. I get a few hours a week and I prefer to spend it on games which already have some polish. I'll wait until at least the second wave of adopters wink.gif

Stahlseele
Eh, fair enough . . .
The UI is . . questionable in my eyes <.<
Stahlseele
Today on Steam:

Battletech, a round based attempt to recreate the TableTopGame by the original makers of ClassicBattleTech.

Frostpunk. Horribly bleak. Horribly beautifull steampunk artwork and design.
Stahlseele
Sadly, at least for me, due to using three 21:9 displays, the Battletech game is an unplayable broken mess <.<
Tanegar
That's unfortunate, because it works great for me. I finished the intro mission last night, I'll play more of it when I get home from work.
Stahlseele
Have fun, i got my steam refund.
I'll rebuy it if there ever is a fix for the 21:9 / multi display problem <.<
Tanegar
I'm having great fun with BattleTech on my solo 5:4 monitor. Ironically, I requested a refund for Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation because it's only playable in 21:9.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Tanegar @ May 13 2018, 12:16 AM) *
I'm having great fun with BattleTech on my solo 5:4 monitor. Ironically, I requested a refund for Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation because it's only playable in 21:9.

For obvious reasons, i never noticed that . . that is also exceptionally stupid to do with a game o.O
Tanegar
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ May 14 2018, 05:17 PM) *
For obvious reasons, i never noticed that . . that is also exceptionally stupid to do with a game o.O

No argument here. The devs' (well, one dev in particular) dismissive attitude toward a couple of people who raised the issue made me really not want them to have any of my money. I get that widescreen is the standard for new monitors, but I'm also pretty damned certain that 5:4 still has a sizeable installed base; and looking down on people who don't want to go drop several hundred dollars to replace a monitor that still works perfectly just didn't sit right with me.
Iduno
It's been 2 years, are either of them good games?

Also, I'd recommend Satellite Reign. There are 4 characters, which are good for 2-3 player multiplayer (the support class is almost entirely passive support). With 1 player, the difficulty is managing 4 characters. With more players, it's herding cats. But also, before the game you stole rez technology, so death is only a speed bump. Also, it's on sale more often than not.
Stahlseele
Battletech is pretty good now.
They had fixed most issues i had with the game within weeks after release if i remember correctly.
Also, 3 DLCs are out, the unseen are in.
Official Mod Support now too.

Frostpunk is . . more or less a one time playing thing, as the gameplay loop does not change that much.

Sattelite Reign is basically a more modern Version of Syndicate and thus is an easy recommendation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012