Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Captcha
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Dumpshock News, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, & Discussion
Redjack
I have become aware that the captcha for user account creation is broken.
I am working on that today... hacking on the fly, so registration will definitely be wonky.
Redjack
Holy cow... A few years since coding, add in certificate issues. Been a long day on this. test code is now working... now to hack it into dumpshock's code base.
Redjack
Ok. Captcha is now upgraded.

I might try turning on self-registration, though if the spammers return, it will have to go back off.
Redjack
Password reset working properly, in addition to registration. An email to forums <@> dumpshock.com is currently still required to get an account out of "New User Probation" jail.
fistandantilus4.0
Bust day huh RJ? smile.gif
Redjack
Took longer than I expected because I had to reverse engineer the Invision code and retrofit the new captcha code into the code base. Actually, looking back, the fact I got it done in such a short time actually made me feel pretty good.

-RJ
fistandantilus4.0
I only understood bout half of what you said there, but well done sir. Well done. * slowclap*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012