Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battletech 30th...35th anniversary
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Iduno
Catalyst announced a new printing of the Battletech game about 6 years after the last one (25th Anniversary) became unavailable, it saw many pre-orders, and...I haven't heard of anyone having received one. There is a version with 2 mechs (normal 4 on 4) that got delivered to half of the people who ordered that.

Even for "if it's not a year late, it's early" Catalyst, this is a giant fuck-up. I know miniatures don't just get shat out as quick as they want, but you generally take pre-orders so you know how many you might need, and people who couldn't get one of the last several printings are still trying to get one. People are literally waiting years or decades, demanding to give Catalyst money, and they can't manage to make sales.
PlutoNick
Hello, I am a BattleTech fan and only recently I bought the 5th edition rule book. I played a little of 3rd edition. I decided to make an account here, after just browsing the forum, so I can reply to the BT thread and I found out I had an account here, since 2003...

Anyway, regarding the boxed set. Lots of people received it and everyone is super excited about it. Check the BattleTech facebook groups for photos and testimonies smile.gif

In general people are very happy about the quality of the mechs which is the best ever been in a boxed set so far.
People are unhappy because the number of mechs was decreased significantly, but the price they paid is still satisfactory in regards to what was included and what 'competitors' boxed sets include.

Lasty, there was a downgrade to the map's quality (thin paper as oppsed to last boxed set's cardboard), the complains were minor. Almost every BT boxed set had thin paper maps. The previous one was the exception.
Iduno
QUOTE (PlutoNick @ Mar 7 2019, 07:36 AM) *
Hello, I am a BattleTech fan and only recently I bought the 5th edition rule book. I played a little of 3rd edition. I decided to make an account here, after just browsing the forum, so I can reply to the BT thread and I found out I had an account here, since 2003...

Anyway, regarding the boxed set. Lots of people received it and everyone is super excited about it. Check the BattleTech facebook groups for photos and testimonies smile.gif

In general people are very happy about the quality of the mechs which is the best ever been in a boxed set so far.
People are unhappy because the number of mechs was decreased significantly, but the price they paid is still satisfactory in regards to what was included and what 'competitors' boxed sets include.

Lasty, there was a downgrade to the map's quality (thin paper as oppsed to last boxed set's cardboard), the complains were minor. Almost every BT boxed set had thin paper maps. The previous one was the exception.

Hopefully it's a weird regional thing then? It doesn't help that I've seen a total of 1 boxed set, zero mech packs, and zero books for sale during my entire lifetime, so not getting in on any particular printing means years more waiting.

I am probably too quick to blame Catalyst though.
PlutoNick
QUOTE (Iduno @ Mar 11 2019, 12:04 PM) *
Hopefully it's a weird regional thing then? It doesn't help that I've seen a total of 1 boxed set, zero mech packs, and zero books for sale during my entire lifetime, so not getting in on any particular printing means years more waiting.

I am probably too quick to blame Catalyst though.

Most people just order online (NOT from catalyst store). If you live in the US, check out Ares Miniatures or something. Again, this online shop, posts almost daily in the BT facebook groups, regarding the arrival of new stock, etc.
Wounded Ronin
So what's the story with Harmony Gold? Do they still bully others and claim they own the intellectual property? To my understanding Harmony Gold was basically blocking a lot of Battletech/Mechwarrior stuff in the US for years and years.
Stahlseele
http://www.sarna.net/news/harmony-golds-ca...emes-dismissed/
Technically, they should be unable to bother anybody ever again after that . .
But . . you know . . corporation, lots of money, enough to simply outcurt anybody they do not like in most cases . .
Thanee
QUOTE (PlutoNick @ Mar 7 2019, 01:36 PM) *

That's a shame. I really like the thick carboard maps. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Stahlseele
i prefer the thin paper maps, but some people i know have simply glued those onto cardboard or other materials.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012