Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Uncaring Stars
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Thanee
QUOTE (Volker @ Sep 25 2020, 11:28 AM) *
I don't see a reason why she would be awakened.

The stuff the other girl, Yasmine, mentioned sounded very much like some uncontrolled magic to me.

"Christine said she could see through her mask and she managed to get up despite the restraints and through the window."

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
Actually, that was just the thermo sight of a dwarf.

The girl is very much unawakened.
Thanee
Alright. Could have been, though. To me it sounded like she might have had some flashes of astral perception and spontaneous levitation or something like that. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Volker
Does the crystal spine bear any resemblance to the blood crystals...?
Jack_Spade
Pretty much exactly blood crystals
Thanee
So, how much is on the credsticks again? smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
25k - if you bring the gear of the cultists with you, otherwise 22,5k
Gilga
What kind of equipment do they sport?
Thanee
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Sep 27 2020, 11:52 PM) *
... bring the gear of the cultists with you ...

Sure, there is no reason not to.

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
Jack while updating my char sheet -can you remind me what was the reward of the previous run?
Thanee
That was 25k as well. And we got 5k for getting to the meet, initially.

Bye
Thanee
Volker
so 55k in total by now?
Volker
I'm not sure whether I remember this correctly: Do they have bath and sleeping rooms in the hut? Or do we sleep in Prague? What are the rooms like?
Jack_Spade
The hut has seats that recline as well as a small bathroom - so about the comfort of a private jet
Crossbow
Hey Jack, I was going to reach out to Mr. Ironside and Jimmy V if the could help with intel. It occured to me I have never used a Friends in High Places contact, while I assume I have his number, can I just call him up like a regular contact?

Jack_Spade
Yes, you can smile.gif
Thanee
Weren't those monocycles rented? I assumed, that we gave them back before departing and do not have them, anymore. Might be wrong, of course. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
Bought - and we took them with us.
Thanee
Alright. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
Take a look at the website for the concert halls https://www.rudolfinum.cz/en/about-the-rudolfinum/
and the gallery: https://www.galerierudolfinum.cz/en/about-gallery/history/
Floorplan of the gallery: https://pyrophilios.files.wordpress.com/202...0-05_212438.png

And yes, the monowheels are with you - only kind of vehicles that can easily travel with you.
Volker
Are any devices slaved to the deck?
Jack_Spade
Nope, not with a DR 1 device
Thanee
@Volker: Is there any reason to think that the boy has anything to do with the runners and is not just there doing mischief or whatnot on his own? biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Volker
He's definitely part of a team. Why else would he mess with a door he has no access to. Nothing says, however, that those three are in league with him
Thanee
I honestly don't see why that is a reason he is part of some team. biggrin.gif

But better safe than sorry, I guess. So, let's assume he is for the time being.

Bye
Thanee
Volker
Why else would he manipulate the door?
Thanee
Because he's a hacker kid and just messing with stuff?

Bye
Thanee
Volker
Not likely. Not only did he attack a door, he also cracked a detailed map of the gallery
Thanee
We'll probably find out at some point. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Volker
Who is waiting for whom?
Jack_Spade
Well, I'm mainly waiting on what you all intend to do with the retreating team and/or the decker
Thanee
I really don't know. We have no real reason to do anything about them at the moment We probably want to keep tabs on them somehow, but only bnc can really do anything about that, I guess.

Bye
Thanee
Volker
bnc is the only one who's not on site. Her physical body is in the hut, the FlySpy is on the way and James is with the hacker (or on his way there). Except maybe for Taurus, everyone is in a better position to follow them than she is. Well, I guess, she could follow the icons.
Gilga
I am waiting for your input on the hacked door - Anna is not going to introduce herself or try to stop the mercenaries.
Volker
mine? I only know which door he targeted, and that I forwarded to the team. Or do you mean Jack's input about what Anna sees there?
Gilga
Yes, bnc sent Anna to check the locked door, she left. If the runners leave she would not even be there to stop them if she wanted. (and considering the mage is a chain breaker- she likely would be hostile toward Anna anyhow).
Jack_Spade
The door looks exactly like a locked emergency exit - there is nothing to see unless you take the time to look at it in the matrix.
Crossbow
I was thinking Taurus was going to introduce himself, but when the contact came back with hazy IDs I think he would end up following the group to the door.
Volker
Can I somehow find out what the kid did with the door's boot sector? If so, I'd love to
Jack_Spade
Yes, you can examine the door lock with a matrix perception roll threshold 3
Thanee
BTW, did we get enough rest to recover a point of Edge on the way to Prague?

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
If you slept and ate, yes
Volker
hooray!!
Thanee
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Oct 15 2020, 05:28 PM) *
If you slept and ate, yes

I suppose! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Crossbow
Okay, I am rolling with this because it is kinda funny, but I was specifically approaching the others, not the dwarf, I guess that got mixed up.

I used google translate, so I know what was said, but Taurus doesn't speak Czech. Can I assume that some got through the Russian to read the scene or am I just going to stand there looking lost again?
Jack_Spade
Yes, you can assume that your language soft gave you the gist of what she said.
As for who you spoke to, the dwarf was the last to leave, and the only one you had a somewhat positive ID from the photo. So I assumed she was your target. If you specified the orc/elf pair I have missed that, sorry.
Crossbow
np, yeah they were the ones I was approaching. Are they in sight, or did they split up?
Jack_Spade
They didn't leave as a group: The ork/elf left first, being closer to the exit, the dwarf left at the same time, but had to cover a greater distance (and was naturally slower). Right now the couple is about 50m further out than the dwarf down the street. They could at any moment chose to step into a side street or get into a car.
Volker
Is the FlySpy already close enough to shadow any of them?
Jack_Spade
The ork and elf are gone, but the dwarf might still be trackable - INT+Tracking (Urban) test from bnc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012