Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Something weird happening with view counts?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Dumpshock News, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, & Discussion
Kren Cooper
Has anyone else noticed a really weird jump in view counts on any of the topics in the last few days?

I keep a track of the view count on my story / game writeup thread, to see if people are still reading / interested, but found that somehow this week it's jumped by +16k views - which doesn't seem right at all, as it's normally somewhere in the region of a couple of hundred. This week it's showing as 16,491 higher than last Sunday, which seems *highly* unlikely.
Redjack
QUOTE (Kren Cooper @ Dec 12 2020, 06:07 PM) *
Has anyone else noticed a really weird jump in view counts on any of the topics in the last few days?

I keep a track of the view count on my story / game writeup thread, to see if people are still reading / interested, but found that somehow this week it's jumped by +16k views - which doesn't seem right at all, as it's normally somewhere in the region of a couple of hundred. This week it's showing as 16,491 higher than last Sunday, which seems *highly* unlikely.
Several CPU usage alerts. Not sure it a search engine is going crazy; haven't had time for root cause analysis.
Kren Cooper
Cheers Redjack. Not a massive issue (at least not from a user POV) but did seem odd. Would make sense for some google spider to be having a bit of a loop issue to generate a gazilion page refreshes or something before bombing out...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012