Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Found Arcana - Tenth Interlude - Seattle [OOC]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Tecumseh
Here’s what we currently know about our Touristville: https://stormy-waters-2075.obsidianportal.c...is/touristville

Here is Redmond lifestyle for SIS HQ, plus some of our shared assets: https://stormy-waters-2075.obsidianportal.c...ervices-redmond

This is the new lifestyle for Bellevue: https://stormy-waters-2075.obsidianportal.c...rvices-bellevue

Chapter 1: Sunday, September 18, 2078
Chapter 2: Monday, September 26, 2078
First Interlude: Saturday, October 1, 2078
Chapter 3: Monday, October 10, 2078
Second Interlude: Sunday, October 16, 2078
Chapter 4: Sunday, November 6, 2078
Third Interlude: Wednesday, November 23, 2078
Chapter 5: Thursday, November 24, 2078
Fourth Interlude: Sunday, November 27, 2078
Chapter 6: Thursday, December 22, 2078
Fifth Interlude: Sunday, January 1, 2079
Chapter 7: Friday, January 20, 2079
Sixth Interlude: Wednesday, February 1, 2079
Chapter 8: Sunday, February 5, 2079
Seventh Interlude: Wednesday, February 8, 2079
Eighth Interlude: Tuesday, February 14, 2079
Chapter 9: Thursday, March 2, 2079
Ninth Interlude: Saturday, March 11, 2079
Chapter 10: Monday, March 20, 2079
Tenth Interlude - San Angelo: Tuesday, March 21, 2079
Tenth Interlude - Seattle: Friday, March 31, 2079
Jack_Spade
Haha, oh man, Mato is going to get an earful about leaking our home address to the Helloweeners
Thanee
@Jack: Technically, I believe, Bobby is still gone for almost two months. Or is he doing the initiation in-house? smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
In house - That's where our lodge is (and his ordeal is a purely mental one)
Thanee
I see. I somehow pictured him out in the wilds somewhere. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Tecumseh
Do you really think Mato is giving out the home address?

Give the kids a bit of credit; they were savvy enough to get the card.
Jack_Spade
We really need to work on our security 😅
Beta
@Gilga I wasn't clear from your post: do any of the team know it is coming up to AM's birthday?
Gilga
I think they would know it is her birthday. (if they are interested enough). I fixed the post after I remembered it was the 1st of April. (Felt appropriate and easy to remember).
Thanee
A RL friend of mine has April 1st birthday as well. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Tecumseh
Hmm, lemme think if there's a good way to incorporate this. This little vignette was just supposed to cover the afternoon/evening of March 31st.
Gilga
It would be nice, though I did not plan much shadowy things—pulling some harmless jokes on the neighbors and then a night out.

Beta
My older brother's birthday is April 1st. But he is definitely not touched by the trickster for it. AM makes much cooler use of that birthdate!
Tecumseh
Unless I'm overlooking something, Tamarind doesn't have the Hardware skill nor the Electronics skill group. Hardware isn't defaultable, so Tamarind doesn't seem to be in a good position to evaluate the craftsmanship of the commlink. (She could, of course, test out its functionality.)

AM would be in a better position to judge the workmanship, I think.
Gilga
Well AM is occupied for the next 10-15 minutes -but she'll have a look once she is clean.
Gilga
Btw: is Mato actually short for Miguel Ápngel TOrres and I missed it? Thinking it was simply a nickname for someone named Miguel.
Thanee
Oh, nice catch there, Gilga! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Tecumseh
Short answer is yes.

Longer answer is that I baked a couple layers into it.

In Lakota, mató means "bear". (The Lakota are one of the primary tribes of the Sioux.) Bear represents masculine character - bison represents feminine nature - so I figured Mato would like the association since most of his life (including his cyber) is a reaction to the physical insecurities of his youth.

But in Spanish, "mato" is a conjugation of the verb matar ("to kill") which means "I kill". Now Mato hasn't been much of a killer up to this point, but his Aztlaner heritage is a recent discovery. Maybe he'll grow into it, ha.
Tecumseh
Thanee, did Raven run off to start her jog? It wasn't clear from the IC. Edie and the Sakura personnel would be addressing Raven as well if she is still present.
Thanee
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 18 2023, 12:31 PM) *
"You better listen to him," she casually remarks, as she begins her running exercise, where most of her effort goes into looking like she actually knows what she is doing.

Yes, she did.

But she will probably not be gone for that long... she does not have the best constitution, after all. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Tecumseh
Yes, I saw that, but I wasn't sure if that was actual running (and leaving), or stretching, or some other warmup. (I used to be a regular runner and had a variety of routines before beginning the actual run.)
Gilga
Tecumseh - wow that deep! thanks for sharing.

With AM I wanted it to be her initials but also short for Emma.

Oh and I don't imagine her going out (unless Bobby asks herto ) before the uniform leaves.
Beta
Very cool layers, @Tecumseh! I have new appreciation for the name.

++++++++++++

For workmanship I was just thinking about is it solid, is it clean, that sort of thing. Not actually a technical evaluation, but more of a proxy for their character.

Also : I do need to buy her the hardware skill!
Tecumseh
Beta, feel free to spend Tamarind's karma mid-Interlude.

Also let me know if you update the sheet with Chapter 10 stuff.
Gilga
Remind ing you about the hardware inspection of the link.
Tecumseh
I haven't forgotten. It didn't work with the IC timeline, with AM taking a shower and delaying the analysis of the device. I needed to know how Bobby would handle Sakura's request for the trash to see if you will still have the device to analyze.

Similarly, Raven will be able to chat with the neighbors who will be all abuzz and gossiping, but Sakura will be gone before she returns.
Thanee
Okay, edited my post to reflect that. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
ICIC, no biggies I knew it would take a while for the time to pass.
Gilga
Tecumesh - what is it exactly? A makeshift cyberdeck or?
Tecumseh
Fair question. It's a Sony Emperor with a makeshift Stealth/Sleaze dongle.
Thanee
@Jack: I think, we still need a breakdown of those reagents that were in the car.

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
The reagents was a mix of regular powdered semi precious stones - regular unrefined materials of about 2000 drams worth 40k, 100 drams of refined for 35k and 40 drams of radical reagents for 90k.

So, probably enough to last the agency a while
Thanee
Ah, you already posted this... must have missed it then (or forget about it biggrin.gif). Thanks! smile.gif

And those are for the hermetic tradition? So, basically, half the value for us.

Bye
Thanee
Tecumseh
Okay, we got rid of the neighbors. What's the plan for Tom & Rat?

Here's what I wrote back in Chapter 9:

QUOTE (Tecumseh @ Mar 21 2023, 09:11 PM) *
That part complete, he tells Tamarind a bit about Rat and Tom. "You'd like them, I think. Rat seems to be a natural tinkerer. He had rigged up a Sony Emperor to do some hacking. Crude, but it worked. I bet you could find some fun projects to work on."

To the whole team, Mato explains the job offer he made to Rat and Tom. If anyone objects to them being on payroll, Mato will take their retainer out of his share.

I'm taking that to mean that everyone is informed about what Mato offered and why.

(As a reminder, Mato offered them ¥500 each per month as a retainer. They would be sources of local intel and could provide some hardware support the way that the Hackers Club provides Matrix support. He was also hoping that boosting them up to a Squatter lifestyle might help incentivize them to move away from the Halloweeners, although that doesn't seem to have worked given that Tom was wearing colors.)

Mato commissioned the new Sony Emperor mostly as a test to see if they would accept the job offer. He didn't have any plan for the device to be productively useful.
Thanee
Do we have the means to contact them (i.e. through that commlink)?

Bye
Thanee
Tecumseh
Yes, there's a commcode for them. So you have theirs but they don't have yours (except Mato's).
Gilga
Thanks for clearing that out.

I guess AM did not pay much attention then and figured Mato deserved to have his pet projects.
Tecumseh
Thanee, nothing on that shopping list is Restricted or Forbidden so it's pretty much all available immediately if purchasing with a SIN. Does Raven want to use her Rachel Moore SIN or is she wanting to buy them off-the-books?
Thanee
She would just buy them legally using her SIN.

Bye
Thanee
Tecumseh
Done and done! Feel free to RP and/or take delivery however you prefer.

Is there anything else for Friday evening/night or do folks want to fast-forward to Saturday (AM's biiiiirthdaaaaaay)?
Gilga
I have no particular plans; I assumed AM would spend the evening studying in simsense.
Thanee
Rachel will check out what the Bellevue club scene has to offer. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
I wanted to send Bobby to the meeting with the kids as well.
Tecumseh
Sounds good.

It's the end of the month so let's handle rent.

Everyone give me a Charisma + Etiquette (Corporate) roll. AM's our leader on this.

Mato's contribution: Charisma 5 + Etiquette 3 + Corporate 2: 10d6t5 2 hits, being stuck in a vat makes you unproductive, I guess
Gilga
Charisma + Etiquette + Teamwork: 11d6t5 3
Charisma + Etiquette ---- Teamwork: 5d6t5 3
So we get up to six hits with the maximum number of 5 extra dice from teamwork I think we can actually buy hits to get that.
Jack_Spade
Etiquette: 5d6t5 3

Bobby is doing his part.
Tecumseh
Okay, looks like we've maxed out AM's teamwork dice. So that brings us up to 6 hits.

Here's the math:

- ¥2,000 Touristville office
- ¥9,800 Bellevue lifestyle
+ ¥5,000 Mato's trust fund
+ ¥6,000 Etiquette test
+ ¥10,000 Bellevue Hackers' Club
=
+ ¥9,200 profit

Divided five ways that's ¥1,840 for each of us. This is above-the-table income so SINners should pay taxes (which would leave ¥1,564 remaining).

Mato also receives an extra ¥500 from his Trust Fund (¥425 after taxes). He will pay Tom & Rat's combined retainers of ¥1,000, presuming they show up tomorrow to collect it. He'll also pay ¥1,350 for the various subscriptions he has which I usually forget about:
- AR Fashion Subscription, Business
- CarnivoreGold: linguistic database and code-breaking software
- MonaLisa: facial recognition software
- Pheromone Detection
- Thermal Mood Reading: assists Judge Intentions
- Vocal Tension Lie Detection: also assists Judge Intentions
Thanee
Hmm... with that extra money, Rachel could actually afford a Transys Avalon instead of the Renraku Sensei. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Tecumseh
I was going to transition directly to Saturday morning (April 1st) but I decided to pause a beat to see if there's any mischief AM and Raven want to cause. I don't want to linger too long so that we can get everyone back together again, but Interludes are for RP so I'll give it a tick of the clock.

Gilga, how late will AM stay out? She has a boxing lesson early on Saturday, although I can imagine Iktomi making her forget that until her alarm goes off in the morning.
Thanee
I read Gilga's post more like AM is not going with Rachel, but rather staying and doing some mischief around the neighborhood.

Bye
Thanee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012