Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Striding the Soul's Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
WinterRat1
We could always go with the "Touch of Death" (Killing Hands and Delay Damage Lv. 2) approach. Of course, cutting the guy's head off makes a pretty visible statement too. BTW, I am around and lurking, but since I'm basically just patrolling the ship (which we have under control anyway) I've just sat back and let Nameless continue wandering. Once we get back together (in game) and regroup, I'll try to be more active.

Oh, and I'm betting on the Yakuza
BishopMcQ
Sadly I don't have Phys-Ad powers in my repertoire...though if you bring it up, that'd certainly be a way to get you back into the action.
Fenris
All the items described within the manifest are minor personal electronics and electronic parts. Cheap poc-secs, chip readers, chip burners, blank optical chips, sim-game chips, that sort of thing.
Buddha72
I'm for offing this guy. He seems to be taking all of this personally and I would rather not have him around. We might endear ourselves to the crew by at least removing his bad vibe. I also want to pop some crates, the one we're suppose to make sure don't get in the Yaks hands and see what they carry.
BishopMcQ
I'll just wait for the Command staff to make their choice and then do what needs to be done.
BishopMcQ
Taking reach for myself, TN3

7 skill, 3 focus, 4 CP

17 05 05 04 04 03 03 03 03 02 02 01 01 01 (9 successes) Will karma if necessary to deal a D wound.

Base damage 9M
BishopMcQ
Where and how was the sabotage done? Schnell should be able to say...

Also can we tell when it was done, somebody didn't succumb to the toxin and did it while we were cleaning up or did they some how escape lock down and do it while we were moving people out of the hold?
Fenris
Errr...first, Schnell's not coming up from the boat.

Second, the sabotage was what you guys had engineered to guarantee that the boat would be at the right place at the right time.
BishopMcQ
I thought he had moved up from his boat to the new boat, that was how we was going to drive. and why he was on the Bridge for Iblis' questions.

As for the sabotage, I thought you were referring to additional work that we didn't know about...sorry...
Fenris
No problem about the sabotage, but if I remember correctly (and definitely correct me if I'm wrong, it's been months) Moe was going to do the piloting, because you didn't trust a random rigger. As far as I remembered he was just a taxi.
BishopMcQ
He's a taxi and driving the boat back to our safe harbor, but we weren't paying him to fight.

"Schnell, the name's Jake. I'm Li'l Moe's employer for this one. You've got the details of what we need. I can toss five your way for taxi service, and piloting the target back to a safe harbor. There's an extra two, if you are able to get us side by side without them knowing that we are crashing the party."

Schnell gives Moe a wry grin at the abrupt shift, and slides his tongue across his upper teeth contemplatively.

"Pop the bonus to three and you gotta deal. I'll slide you guys in there quieter then a man sneaking home from his mistresses' slipping into bed at home."
Buddha72
My internet connection goes POOF today and I will be out for a few days until the DSL at the new house gets set up. Please feel free to NPC me to keep things moving forward. See ya in a few! smile.gif
Joker9125
Im still here and lurking.
WinterRat1
Same, just checking in.
BishopMcQ
Fenris is on the move, his internet connection should be back up by the end of the week if everything goes well.
Fenris
Sorry guys, and thanks McQuillan for the note. Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm still out here, and that I should be back up to full connectivity by the beginning of next week.
Fenris
Alright guys, I should be back up with full connection from now on, so feel free to up and post again biggrin.gif
BishopMcQ
Umm...Schnell was driving us back right? I got the feeling that he wanted to take his sailboat and head home...
Fenris
Absolutely! Of course! After the gm re-read the thread, Schnell will be more then happy to move the ship into port biggrin.gif
WinterRat1
Just checking in again, I figure we're still doing what we were doing since we haven't been ordered by Number One (Jake) to do anything different, so yeah, still going about my biz as instructed. smile.gif
Fenris
Thanks for checking in. Sorry about the long delays and all, I'm definitely looking forward to getting the game moving again.
Fenris
Just to clarify, the explosives and such were not in the hold.
Buddha72
Ok defaulting to Intelligence to try and figure out where a smauugling hold could be hidden on the ship

13 09 04 04 02 02 02 01 (will karma if I need to)

Anyone else got some sort of skilll to help here?
Fenris
Unfortunately, the ship is large enough that there could be literally hundreds of places. Common sense would seem to dictate that in this situation, the company man probably would have wanted to keep the goods somewhat close, just to keep an eye on them.
Buddha72
Ok Computer roll with Browse 12 to find out where this guy was staying on the ship. I'll look for traces of where his com calls, LTG, or text messages were sent.

16 05 05 05 04 04 02 01
Fenris
The most obvious bit of information that comes back with the wisps is comm-calls to a series of Japanese and Seattle LTG's from one particular cabin.
Fenris
I apologize if I was unclear. The information that came back indicates at least one potential location.
BishopMcQ
No worries...I'm just playing out Jake the way he would act....send a spirit to do a man's job...
Fenris
Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm going to have very spotty internet access for the next three weeks. Going up to visit some friends, and I don't know if I'll be able to post regularly. I'll try and keep it going as much as I can, but don't expect too much. In the meantime, feel free to plan in the OOC post, and I'll bump it forward as far as I can when I get back so we can start playing quickly. By the way, the thread just passed a year a week ago, so congratulations, and don't forget, everyone has 53 good karma acquired in the last year wink.gif
Buddha72
Just want to let everyone know it's official, I am back, so feel free to start posting again wink.gif
Fenris
In case anyone's curious, yes, I borrowed Buddha's computer to do some posting, so just assume the above post is me biggrin.gif
BishopMcQ
Defaulting to charisma (I could have sworn I had etiquette...)
10 07 03 03 02 02

that should leave me a 6 and a 3 after the -4...

I'm cute if that helps wink.gif
WinterRat1
Hey can we get a regroup and roll call here? This has been one of my favorite threads since I joined Dumpshock, and it's kinda sad to see it faltering and dragging like this. I know Buddha and McQuillan are still around, Fenris too obviously, and I'm lurking as well. Anyone else out there, status?

Fenris, you got any ideas to regroup us and kinda get everything rolling again, or was this just a one shot adventure that's now rolling to a close?
BishopMcQ
If people want to help guide the volunteers into the hold and help unload stuff that could pull us all together. Also I was planning to have a few people do the "muscle" bit so that these guys don't try and steal the ship we're about to sell.
WinterRat1
I meant regroup us as players actually Boss. I know our characters are all around (reasonably close) I was thinking more that it seems half the team player-wise has gone AWOL.
BishopMcQ
I'm fairly sure that Blitz has gone AWOL, but I'm not sure about Medesha and Joker...they were in here a little while ago...

*Blows dust off the furniture, straightens a chair*

Or maybe it has been longer. Let's see if this works....

MARCO!!!
WinterRat1
POLO!!! biggrin.gif
Fenris
POLO

Not a player, I know, but it looked like fine wink.gif

Winterrat, to answer your question, yes, it was supposed to continue on through a series of runs.

I'm sure Blitz is AWOL, but I think we have all the rest of the players.
Fenris
Alright, what kind of place are you guys looking for, and what do you plan on doing for the evening?

And question for the group, would you rather just skip over tonight, or roleplay things in town a bit?
WinterRat1
Personally I'd like to role-play it, but only if we have at least four of us around to actually play it out. I'm still around, McQ, Buddha, anyone else (besides Fenris of course)
Fenris
Alright, things are definitely dragging and people aren't really posting. This games had a good run, and the run itself is basically open, so I'm putting it to the group.

Do you want to continue on as we are, with sporadic posting and limited membership, or shall I just award karma and cash for the run and we'll call it a night here?
WinterRat1
This is kinda what I meant when I said regroup earlier. Obviously McQuillan and Buddha are still up and active, and I'm still willing to play. This has been one of my favorite games and the first really fun game I've had on Dumpshock since I joined, so I kinda don't want it to end.

But we haven't seen Panzer post in months, same thing with Blitz. Joker and Medesha not quite as long, but they haven't been up and running either. It's pretty tough for any of us to post consistently when the posting from more than half the team is that disjointed.

Perhaps we could open up a sequel to this run like I've seen done elsewhere, and spend our cash and karma to update our characters (or just update/remake them since at least SOTA 2064, if not SOTA 2063, have come out since we started; can't remember how many but it's just a thought).

Then we have our core three who've been reasonably consistent, and however many else you want to pick up. The only thing is, my favorite part of the game was having a team that actually knew each other, so I don't know how or if we could/would work that again. To be honest, I'd be fine just running with three. I know it'd be a bit difficult, but I really enjoyed that whole 'family' thing and I'd be willing to play shorthanded to keep it going. That's my two cents. What about the rest of you guys?
BishopMcQ
I'll keep trucking along if there is team buy in...
Fenris
Team buy in?
BishopMcQ
If other people are in for it, so it doesn't become a thread of Fenris posts, one of us replies...three days pass, Fenris posts again. If the people that are staying are all willing to commit to pushing this forward than I'd say to keep the thread going.

If this is a back burner item for a few people than let's allow the story to pass with dignity and take her final rest.
WinterRat1
If other people are in for it, so it doesn't become a thread of Fenris posts, one of us replies...three days pass, Fenris posts again. If the people that are staying are all willing to commit to pushing this forward than I'd say to keep the thread going.

If this is a back burner item for a few people than let's allow the story to pass with dignity and take her final rest.

Dunno if you meant me McQuillan, but whether you did or not, it's a fair assessment of my posting at least. I admit, this had become a back burner thread for me, although more due to sheer lack of progress than any lack of enjoyment of the thread. So no offense taken on my end (didn't want to give the impression I was offended) and I think you make a very good point.

If you and Buddha are in and committed to pushing forward, I'm in as well. Consider it the three of us 'recommitting' so to speak. After we've got that settled, however we want to go about moving forward, we can discuss.

I guess that's a rather wordy way to say, "I'm in for the long haul if you two are". smile.gif

The only qualifying statement I'd make to my recommitment and moving forward is that I don't want a bunch of characters around with non-existant players. I'd rather run short with three characters and three committed players than 7 characters and three players, with the others just NPCed by Fenris. I think it breaks the continuity and flow, as we all just saw the past few months.

It's natural, because we can't help but be uncertain how to deal with that many major NPCs with each one having such a major impact on the game. So as long as every character has a player who's in for real, however many or few that may be, count me in.
Buddha72
I would say put this thread to bed and open a new one. I agree about not wanting a hollow cast of characters. I'd rather have people back there running things instead of Fenris playing every bit part. So put this lovely lady to bed and start a new one. I would also ask for a recruitment drive, and try to get at least one more player for the new thread. I enjoy a little more player interaction. biggrin.gif
BishopMcQ
Winter--I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, I think all three of us have fallen prey to the act a few times.

Overall, I'm going to side in with Buddha at this point. Let's put her to bed.

Fenris--If you're still interested in running with a familial band of misfits, please send out a recruitment drive and let's find out where Vinnie sends us next. (I've never been to the Zurich orbital platform....)
WinterRat1
All right, sounds good to me. Chalk me up as siding with McQ and Buddha then. What's next Fenris?
Fenris
Thanks for your input everyone. I will close this thread and open a quick recruitment thread for a new character, and start a new thread when I have the next person.

Thanks for your persistence, and I'm glad everyone enjoyed the game.

Those of you remaining, you may take an extra 10 karma on top of the weekly point you've been getting for the last year, and you can also add 1,000,000 in certified cred.

Thank you again, it has been a pleasure wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012