Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Genetech Biological cyberware
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Wanderer
A thought that struck me while shaping my Dark-Angel style genegineered super-soldier template:

which pieces of cyberware might be actually treated as theoretically biological, not mechanical or electronic in nature, and so liable to be reproduced as bioware or genetic modifications (to burden the Bio Index instead of Essence) ?

I'd list:

Booster Reflexes (they are described as electro-chemical in anture, and can be removed via genetic treatments)

Bone Lacing (Aluminium & Titanium: an enzymatic process could certainly be develop, that would induce the body to deposit the desired metal in bones; afterwards, it would just have to be administered as a dietary supplement).

Dermal Sheating (it is described as semi-organic, and like metal bone lacing, it is theoretically possible to develop an enzymatic process that would induce the sheating substance to deposit in the subcutaneous layer).
Cray74
Booster Reflexes (they are described as electro-chemical in anture, and can be removed via genetic treatments)

When bioware makes these, the result seems to be Synaptic Accelerators.

Bone Lacing (Aluminium & Titanium: an enzymatic process could certainly be develop, that would induce the body to deposit the desired metal in bones; afterwards, it would just have to be administered as a dietary supplement).

See: Calcitonin.

I can also see further, more structured bone reinforcement (encouraging the growth of long fibers in the bone or elastic protein reinforcement in the bone) with a somewhat better Body enhancements and barrier ratings for bones than what Calcitonin delivers, perhaps mimicing Aluminum and Ceramic BL.

Dermal Sheating (it is described as semi-organic, and like metal bone lacing, it is theoretically possible to develop an enzymatic process that would induce the sheating substance to deposit in the subcutaneous layer).

I can see something like this. Re-engineer the skin and body fat to be tougher and more elastic. I'm not sure if I'd crank it up to level 3 dermal sheating; I might model the effects on Dermal Plating, but say it's less obvious than either Sheathing or Plating.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012