Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How fast is that, exactly?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
toturi
QUOTE (Cirenya @ May 31 2004, 08:17 PM)
BTW the adrenalin surge edge is incompatible with any reaction enhancement, inclusive magic...
No one have mentioned the ligthning reflexes edge yet, gives a 1-3 reaction bonus for 2-6BP, but I don't remenber if it haves limitations, or it just is a flat bonus to reaction...

You are wrong.

Characters whose Reaction or Initiative is already enhanced by cyberware, bioware or magic (including shapeshifters and adepts) may not purchase Adrenaline Surge.

So if the character does not already have a Reaction/Initiative boost, he may buy Adrenaline Surge. Also if the sam/adept bought Adrenaline Surge before he did his initiative boosts during character creation, he could technically have both.
Kagetenshi
Lightning Reflexes only applies in Surprise Tests, IIRC.

~J
TinkerGnome
QUOTE (toturi)
Characters whose Reaction or Initiative is already enhanced by cyberware, bioware or magic (including shapeshifters and adepts) may not purchase Adrenaline Surge.
So if the character does not already have a Reaction/Initiative boost, he may buy Adrenaline Surge. Also if the sam/adept bought Adrenaline Surge before he did his initiative boosts during character creation, he could technically have both.

I noticed this little gem earlier in the thread but didn't mention it because I decided any player who tried to pull that one in one of my games had best become acustomed to the sensation of being crushed by falling cattle.
Shadow
QUOTE (toturi)
QUOTE (Cirenya @ May 31 2004, 08:17 PM)
BTW the adrenalin surge edge is incompatible with any reaction enhancement, inclusive magic...
No one have mentioned the ligthning reflexes edge yet, gives a 1-3 reaction bonus for 2-6BP, but I don't remenber if it haves limitations, or it just is a flat bonus to reaction...

You are wrong.

Maybe not,

In my copy of the SRC it says it is not compatible with any other initiative ehancing cyberware, magic, or bioware. So it is that or nothing. Regardless of when you buy it.
Cirenya
As I understand it, or at least the I would use it, it is the moment you use that matters...
So a mage with adrenelin surge, could only use it when he has no active reaction enhancing spells....
If not, just anyone could claim;" but I got adrenelin surge before I got wired... so it stil applies..."

I see it as a way to give the characters without any reaction-enhancement a chance to act quickly...
TheCat
QUOTE (Phaeton)
How someone with MBW-4 manages for their hearts not to explode when they pump some Kamikaze into their system is beyond me...

Hearts? Plural?
Kagetenshi
With that combination, some deity comes down and gives you extra hearts so that they can explode.

~J
Phaeton
QUOTE (TheCat)
QUOTE (Phaeton @ May 30 2004, 01:13 PM)
How someone with MBW-4 manages for their hearts not to explode when they pump some Kamikaze into their system is beyond me...

Hearts? Plural?

Grah. Meant possessive, not plural. dead.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012