Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pay on a run?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Fenris
One job. Collect 6 craftes (64 CF each) from a ship coming in to dock. The ship has 1 shaman, 50 civilian crew membes, and probably 15-20 guards, half of whom will be on duty at any one time.

Alternatively, you could break into a storage warehouse on the Tacoma docks after the cargo has been delivered. The warehouse boasts no magical security, but 12 guys between two shifts with light sec armor and assualt rifles.

That's all the data available without more legwork.

What price would you ask to accept this run?
Frag-o Delux
You might want to retry this in the SR forum, you might not get he turn out you would like.
Crusher Bob
Can you give a more RL description of the crates? will they all fit into a pickup, a semi...? Will you need a forklift to lift them? Can the crates be opened, and the stuff repacked? How fragile is the stuff?

The warehouse sounds like the easier job, since 6 guys can't provide much defense in depth

10-15K if the crates will fit in a single vehicle, and are man portable. 25K for multiple vehices more if the cargo is hazardous.
Eyeless Blond
64 CF is two meters on a side. We're probably looking at forklift-needed, here; I guess you could fit one or two on pickup.
Eyeless Blond
Unless I miss my guess, Fenris is looking at his game on the Welcome to the Shadows forum (IC thread here), and is wondering why his players are trying to roll him for more money.

(Edit) Honestly, I say 20,000 nuyen.gif apiece isn't that bad for this run. It wouldn't be a problem at all, except for the wrinkle that the size of the packages makes stealth a tricky proposition. I might consider sinking the ship and taking the cargo off by boat myself; anything else would require either a small army or a ruthenium-coated forklift. biggrin.gif
Kanada Ten
20,000¥ is more than enough. I did a job similar and we just switched the destination dock with another ship via decking. Then we paid the mob to have the union load up our truck with the cargo. Depending on the final destination, having the Ork Underground transport the goods from there to near the destination would make it though to recover. Jamming jamming jamming.
Fenris
Just curious. Even the couple of responses I got here are enough. Thanks wink.gif
Mr. Man
QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
20,000¥ is more than enough. I did a job similar and we just switched the destination dock with another ship via decking. Then we paid the mob to have the union load up our truck with the cargo. Depending on the final destination, having the Ork Underground transport the goods from there to near the destination would make it though to recover. Jamming jamming jamming.

I'm reading this and I'm seeing a Mastercard commercial...

Decker: XX,XXX nuyen.gif (Most groups don't have PC deckers and an NPC will want a full share)

Mob: X,XXX nuyen.gif (This assumes you have a contact. Otherwise they'd probably want a full share too.)

Orc Underground: X,XXX nuyen.gif (Again, you'll need a contact)

I voted 75,000. The main reason was because of lack of information about what is in the crates. I think that's pretty reasonable considering Sam's price for stealing a mystery item in Ronin:

"If it's going to be amature night, fine. I want $100,000 up front, I want it in a Swiss bank and then I want another $100,000 after the job."
Kanada Ten
I was thinking 20,000¥ per character with between 3 and 4 members on the team. So 60,000 to 80,000¥ for the team. It does look like he wanted the total job price and not per member so 75,000¥ sounds reasonable.

Quality Decker: 20,000¥
Union Workers: 5,000¥
Ork Underground: 5,000¥
Delivering 1000 tons of potatoes to the Governor's Manson:
Priceless.
Mr. Man
Since Fenris didn't give the number of team members I think it's safe to assume he meant per character.

I only said 75k (each) because the details are so sketchy. If Mr. J wants to elaborate a little that would drop the price to something more affordable very quickly.

What exactly is in the boxes?
How much do they weigh?
Who is their current owner?

These are fairly critical things that the Johnson knows and should have no problem giving away (since the runners can/will figure them out anyway). If he answers these questions then the price could drop as low as 20k each. If he's going to play dumb and waste everyone's time with extra legwork then he gets the "special price".

Beast of Revolutions
I put 50k. Would be 75k but for the massive potential for looting.
Wraithkin
I did 50k, for two major reasons: Lack of intel, and potential for FUBAR.
paul_HArkonen
QUOTE (Mr. Man)

What exactly is in the boxes?
How much do they weigh?
Who is their current owner?

No clue, likely weapons, no Clue, almost garunteed to be Yakuza
Beast of Revolutions
8 cubic meters and a couple hundred kilos each, heavy weapons, Yakuza. Not exactly a shoplifting expedition.
Mr. Man
So what did you end up making per-runner after expenses?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012