Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hamilton Ontario.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Mr.Platinum
Any one in the Hamilton Area?
I'll be moving to Hamilton in late August of 2004, so I'm looking for some Shadowrunners to hook up with.

Any University gaming club at Mcmaster? or at Mohawk?
Mr.Platinum
Ok I swear to Gad, that Hamilton must not have internet service, Hamilton Ontario must of only adopted the smoke signals from the 6 nation reserve. Even posted on PinkBike.com to look for freeriders in that area and zilch also.
My message to Hamilton, come on out of the stone ages and start using computers.
Shadowrunner13
<laughs> Sorry Platinum... perhaps there simply is a void in the city of Hamilton. It took me years to find enough players for Shadowrun, and I'm just east of Toronto...

Are there any hobby shops in your area you can try? If I relied on the Web alone to track people down, I still wouldn't be playing...

SR13
Mysterio
I know how hard it is to get runners in Ontario. I live about an hour north of T.O and other than playing PbP here I think I've played maybe once or twice in the last year and a half!!! Maybe I'll have to drive to Hamilton!
Fortune
I haven't lived in Hamilton since '96, so bear that in mind when considering the following...

There are (were?) several hobby stores there, including Bayshore Hobbies (near McMaster) and Silver Snail Comics (2 locations: near Mac, and downtown)

Both McMaster Uni and Mohawk College have gaming groups. There are (were?) a number of other smaller groups scattered around the city.

As to internet service/computer use, I never had any problems there. In fact Hamilton was one of the first places in Canada to get Cable service way back in the Dark Ages of the net (through Rogers Cable). I'm not sure why you are experiencing difficulties.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012