Pages: 1, 2, 3
paul_HArkonen
Alright the list of characters:

Joseph-TinkerGnome
Unnamed Ork adept- Samiel
Entopic Phantom - Cursedsoul
Laurence - Beast of Revolutions
DarkSky- Theartthief
Jonus Archer - Shadow ( need you to send me your contacts)

that's the team

All rolls will be done here, except in combat, those will be taken care of by me, just to make things go by quicker, unless everyone thinks it won't matter. One last thing I will be house ruling called shots in ranged combat, you can either increase damage per cannon rules, or bypass armor, per my rules, either way you still get the standard modifiers for TNs

Ok everyone who can go ahead and post a here or a shut up and start, or anything like that here and the IC thread will be up sometime tomorrow .
Panzergeist
Oz didn't make the cut?
paul_HArkonen
No sorry, he looked interesting, but didn't quite fit with the group, or the run, same thing applies to Moonstone Spider's Magical girl, absolutely hilarious, but not right for the game, at least not in my opinion, sorry.
TinkerGnome
I'm honored. And sounding off.
Cursedsoul
*falls through the ceiling and lands in the cake*

I'm here. Also sounding off. Whee
paul_HArkonen
ok I lied, the IC thread will be up as soon as I get a response from at least most of the group right now we only have two, when I get more sound offs I'll start it, or on monday whichever happens first.
Sammiel
was at armageddon, sounding off.

The ork with no name...interesting idea but his name is Tallon. smile.gif
Shadow
Sorry, busy week. One brooding Ork here. I will get you his contacts this weekend. I hope the web page was acceptible, if not let me know and I will whip you up a proper character sheet. The web was an experiment of sorts.
Cursedsoul
What is this? Orkfest 2063? biggrin.gif

I guess we ALL know that orks are the bestest most greatest race ever to hit the planet.

Having other orks around is really going to make my character happy because then he's apt to be more dedicated due to te kindred bond of getting the short end of the stick or some other cheesy overused sentiment like that. biggrin.gif
paul_HArkonen
the Web format was fine, just needed the contact list

hey it should be interesting to see how all the orks in your group handle social interaction ;)
TinkerGnome
Party full of tuskers. Great. Just don't blow off the run to attend an ORC rally or anything.
Cursedsoul
Actually I don't have any tusks. My parents got me plastic surgery so I could attend a college and function in society...but I got burned up in a fire so now I'm a tuskless ork with a bunch of scars. I can feel the insults already. wink.gif
theartthief
DarkSky sounding off!

- theartthief
paul_HArkonen
ok all as soon as we get word from beast we will start, and i still need the contacts from shadow, just to know your fixer's name otherwise i'm ready to post.
Shadow
Sorry. I promise I am not this flaky.

His fixer's name is Zoe.

She's a Seattle fixer with international conections. Human, late 20's, blonde hair and blue eyes.

His other is a cop in LS name Eckart. Zoe is level 2, the cop is lvl 1
paul_HArkonen
don't worry about it, anyone know what's up with Beast of Revolutions?
TinkerGnome
Dunno. He's not posting for my game, either.

Well, I haven't checked it since earlier today, but I'll wager that he hasn't wink.gif
paul_HArkonen
ok, i'll give him like another day then start with someone else in that slot, although that means that your party of tuskers will have no face ;)
TinkerGnome
No face != good.
Cursedsoul
Indeed. Quick! Someone make a second character! Change your current one! Masturbate wildly and furiously until your heart explodes! DO SOMETHING!
paul_HArkonen
No face != good

hey no coding in my game please, I only understand a very small amount of it

Masturbate wildly and furiously until your heart explodes

ok... sure why not, although i don' tthink having people do that is going to help.
Cursedsoul
It'll make you forget how ungood everything will be if we don't have a face. smile.gif
TinkerGnome
It'd apparently make Cursedsoul feel better, though.

I'm already playing one face, I don't think my widdle brain can handle two wink.gif

Worst case scenario, Jospeh has Cha/Eti/Neg at 4.
Cursedsoul
I wouldn't feel better seeing as I'd be dead, but at least I wouldn't have to suffer from having no face.

Edit: Forgive me, I'm reading a review of FATAL for gods only know why, and I think its permanently damaged me all over again. Wheeeee......
theartthief
DarkSky can also pull some double duty as a light face if need be. (He also speaks Japaneese if that helps any.)

Charisma = 5
Ettiqutte (Street) = 4 (6)
Negotiation (Fast Talk) = 4 (6)

- theartthief
Sammiel
Tallon has pretty much no capability to act as a face. 0.o
paul_HArkonen
ok, this is entirely up to you all, who wants to start now, who wants to give beast a few more days, who wants me to add a new player from the waiting list and who wants me to open a new thread begging for a new face for all of you?

trust me, i think you'll need some sort of face wink.gif although you all could do it yourself rotfl.gif
TinkerGnome
I, officially, have no opinion wink.gif

A face would be good, though, however we get one.
Cursedsoul
I'd like to get the run off the damn ground some point in the near future because my interest in my character is fading by the day. Blegh.

I go with the whatever the majority wants.
Shadow
Not having a face is not going to kill us. Waiting for one will. We should start post haste, whoever has the highest charisma can default and be our face.
theartthief
QUOTE (Shadow)
Not having a face is not going to kill us. Waiting for one will. We should start post haste, whoever has the highest charisma can default and be our face.

Hear, hear!!

I agree, let's get started.

- theartthief
paul_HArkonen
you got it, one IC thread coming up
Shadow
Jonus will show up a half hour early to get the lay of the land.
Cursedsoul
Cobwebs is a he, not a she. That is of course unless a sex change that I don't know about happened. wink.gif

Entropic Phantom's going to show up to the meet 15 minutes early and get a feel for the bar. Chances are I've been here before anyways.
Sammiel
Tallon travels back and forth on mass transit for about 2 hours before arriving at the meet 15 minutes early. He is wearing full form fitting under a loose but functional clothing, and carries 3 shuriken in his wallet. No other weapons/armor on him.
paul_HArkonen
ok, sorry about that Cursed

Those of you who are showing up early find a lower end bar. The bar seems to cater primarily to orks, as over half of the customers are orks. there is one back entrance that leads into a back alley, and one door behind the barkeeper. other things will be posted IC once everyone has finished their premeet bussiness.

quite eager to start aren't you all.
Beast of Revolutions
I'm playing Flash, the face. Unfortunately, Paul didn't include me in that IC post.
paul_HArkonen
glad to see you on, no one had heard from you and people wanted to start, give me a sec and i will add you in to that post
Cursedsoul
No need to apologize.

Anyways I'm wearing that tres chis Merlin Cloak as per my distinctive style flaw (although we never talked of the terms I think this is kind of obvious). Is this causing any problems with the bar inhabitants?

All I've got on me is the cloak, some normal robes, and those embroidered gloves I mentioned in my background. Being a newbie.gif I forgot to take armor. silly.gif
paul_HArkonen
the cloak will earn you a few looks but other than that you won't lose anything for it

Beast you are now in the first post, and can react as you will.
theartthief
Sorry about not being on yesterday. My connection said the following about dumpshock:

"The web site you are trying to reach is temporarily unavailable."

I hope that that doesn't happen often.

----- [edit]

I couldn't help the "Hello Kitty" pun. wink.gif

DarkSky/Felix arives (if traffic cooperates) at 7:30 wearing secure clothes with a Japanese cut. As normal, he is unarmed.

- theartthief
Cursedsoul
I was having the same problem for like 3-4 days. However I just used my history to bypass dumpshock.com and go to to the forums.

Typing in invision.dumpshock.com also worked because that brings you to the forums themselves...something that didn't dawn on me until yesterday. silly.gif

Sorry about not being on yesterday. I was at Framingham State College so from 5am to 8pm I was attending Freshman Orientation and travelling to/from the college.
Shadow
I just favorite the forums, and that seems to work. Or you can do, http://forums.dumpshock.com.
paul_HArkonen
i go with the favorate method.
Cursedsoul
Vitals for my character in case anyone cares. Its a modified version of what's in my background.

APPEARANCE
4) What does your character look like?
Race: Ork
Sex: Male
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 200 pounds
Eyes: Green
Hair: Dark Brown
Skin: Pinkish White, scarred in many places.

5) What does your character dress like?

Entropic likes the old style monk appearance of the Benedictine monks that populate fairy tale and history book alike. On his feet he wears brown Sandals with loops and buttons securing the snugly, but quite comfortably on his feet.

Around his wrists he wears a digital/analog watch. It is a humble looking device, with a perforated deep brown leather band and loop-snap style fastener. The timepiece itself is a brownish color, a shade or two brighter than the band. Both are starting to show the signs of wear and tear, but they function in tip-top condition. On his hands Entropic wears embroidered gloves. On the right-hand glove a circular patch is sewn on, with the top of the circle ending just before the first set of knuckles. On the face is a sprawling phoenix rising from the ashes of a smoldering pile of ashen debris with the word "REBORN" in crimson red sewn beneath it in all capitals. On the left-hand glove is the same size patch with a rainbow containing all the primary colors in a dark, almost fading shade connecting to the figure of a ghostly body possessing no distinguishing marks.

Underneath in a fading golden yellow color is "LIFE".

On his left wrist Entropic wears a beaded bracelet containing a multitude of colors in a red, gold, blue, silver, green, copper pattern that repeats itself. On this same wrist he wears a metal band, copper colored, with the phrase "Know Always The Path of The Self And You Shall Not Fail" (in that style) engraved all along its circumference.

Around his waist Entropic wears the belt signifying his rank in Wing Chun (Whatever professional rating 6 would entail) tied in a loose knot and made of simple cloth.

Visibly around his neck is a medallion with the symbol of his order. It hangs from a thin (width of a no.2 pencil for a visual) woven hemp band. The medallion is copper colored and circular in design.

Over all of this Entropic wears his armored Benedictine monk style robes replete with cowl and modestly baggy sleeves. They are Earthen colored and otherwise plain. Over his right breast is a diamond pattern of pins. If you were to face Entropic Phantom, at the northern point is the likeness of an infant. South-east of this, towards the center of his body and three inches away (if you drew a straight line from the center of the two pins) is the picture of a child. Directly south from the northernmost pin and three inches away from the south-easterly pin is the likeness of a grown man. North west towards his armpit and three inches away from the southern most pin is the likeness of an old man with a cane. In the center of the diamond is a set of scales, equally balanced (like the scales of justice).

Each pin is roughly 3/4" around and fasten with a flat button that locks into place. Imagine a tie clip or a cufflink. Its like that, only the squeeze tab piece of metal is circular and flat so as not to hurt myself if I fall on it.

Entropic's hair is shoulder length and tied into a simply pony-tail held in place by a lavender band. He has a thickly forested, but neatly trimmed beard that extends from his lower lip in an upside-down ( shape, covering all but his throat.

6) Does your character have physical quirks?

Entropic has a slight limp. Its not immediately noticeable but would be if you walked alongside him long enough. It doesn't impede his movement at all but it does serve as a reminder as to how lucky he is to have his arms and legs after that fire.

His body is a roadmap of scars. While he healed fully, his skin seemingly decided on its own that it would leave scars aplenty in case Entropic ever forgot about his limp and why he's lucky to still have skin. They aren't terribly attractive, but they are by no means hideous. That is until you get a look at his face. Up close and personal one will quickly see that starting from at the sides of his neck and running all around his head, ending at the from end of his ears then extending to his jaw in a shallow ( curvature, then running under and down to his throat are small, seemingly random scars dotting his head. Nearly all of them appear faded, but all are noticeable in good light. They aren't frightening to behold for any special reason unless you fear scars themselves. His beard does a fairly good job of masking what lies under it, so his scars have the appearance of disappearing into a sea of dark brown hair.
paul_HArkonen
Wow, i think the background is a little over the top for what they know, but that's fine,

One thing, I would like to ask people to be sure to disable their signatures in IC posts, it kinda breaks up the mood of it, just uncheck the little boxes at the bottom, if you missed one you can go back and edit it now, I'm only saying this now cause there were four (or so) in row that all had signatures, and it get distracting.

that is all.
Cursedsoul
Well I took out some stuff, but figured that I'd rather have them get a bit too much info than too little info.

Sorry about the signatures. I thought that if I checked the box for one post it'd carry over for the rest for some stupid reason. Not something I was really worried about either, but I'll be good from now on. indifferent.gif
TinkerGnome
Sigs can be a pain. You'll also find that when you edit a post without one in it, you will need to uncheck the box again because it rechecks itself every time you go to edit it.

On a related note, Cursedsoul has a good idea. I did a little bit of editing and produced this page which contains some basic character information. My intent is to provide us with a quick reference so that you can open it up while posting and keep people straight.

Anyway, I stuck in what I had for Entropic Phantom and similar entries for Joseph. I'd love to get the same from everyone else who is playing. The data is:

Street Name(s): (street names the other PCs would learn early on)
Race: (should be apparent)
Archetype: (the basics of what you do)
Apparent Age: (how old you look)
Height:
Weight:
Eyes: (color and other notes)
Hair: (color and style if strange)
Complexion:
Sex:
Apparent Cyberware: (visible stuff like datajacks, and apparent stuff like active reflex boosts)
Awakened: (yes/no)
Dress and Appearance: (two-three paragraphs)
Cursedsoul
Yay I had a good idea for a change! *celebrates*
paul_HArkonen
that would be useful, although the stuff from the background could be posted later, the basic stuff was useful Cursed, and don't worry about the sigs, i know they're a pain, just comenting cause i've found it usually is just an oversight, don't worry about it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012